Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 97

Thread: Trump exposed

  1. #81
    tWebber Whateverman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    789
    Amen (Given)
    166
    Amen (Received)
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    See my post immediately above.
    I already responded to that list, earlier in this thread IIRC.

    Most of the items in the list are harmless, and not examples of what's happening when people call COVID-19 the Chinese flu (virus, pandemic, whatever). Labeling an outbreak for the specific location it emerged from is perfectly fine.

    "China" is not a specific location.

    It's a nationalist dog-whistle.

  2. #82
    God bless the USA. Ack!! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central VA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,663
    Amen (Given)
    8249
    Amen (Received)
    8792
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    I'm saying that however high the number is, it's large enough that Trump's racist statements don't hurt him with his base.
    Or maybe they don't agree with the label...

    Why do we need a more specific definition for this discussion? How would I know the actual number of people?
    Because it is important to know just how racist you on the left think Trump's base is. It helps pretenses get dropped.

    I assume you would stand behind the statement that "Biden supporters are 'pro gay'." Do we need a number or just the knowledge that his pro-gay stance gains him votes and switching to an anti-gay stance would cost him votes?
    Sure. But again, I think it's safer to say that a vast majority of Biden supporters are pro-gay while only a tiny fraction of Trump supporters are actually racist.


    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

  3. #83
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,135
    Amen (Given)
    165
    Amen (Received)
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Or maybe they don't agree with the label...
    Most racists don't. So what? Many Trumpers are just ignorant. Most are complicit.


    Because it is important to know just how racist you on the left think Trump's base is. It helps pretenses get dropped.
    First of all, I only speak for myself.

    Second, they are racist enough that they let his overt racism and the overt racism of a core of his supporters go! You do the math for yourself.

    In theory I support the beliefs of Antifa. But I would need to get the bottom on their true propensity for unprovoked acts of violence before I would be comfortable calling myself a member. It wouldn't be enough to say "Well, I don't support them on that but look at the rest of the stuff."


    Sure. But again, I think it's safer to say that a vast majority of Biden supporters are pro-gay while only a tiny fraction of Trump supporters are actually racist.
    Again, if his overt racism and the overt racism of a small core of Trump's supporters doesn't cost him votes then it paints Trump supporters in a bad light and show most of them to be purely transactional in their politics and beliefs. This isn't an issue where one can say "I don't agree with him on this but look at all those judges." This is a direct assault on the message of Jesus's teachings, a direct assault on the principles most Trumpers claim to hold, and a direct assault on the Constitution and values of true Americans.

    I'm sorry you don't like getting caught up in that net. Jesus calls on you to oppose injustice wherever it exists so take it up with him. Opposing evil is rarely convenient.

  4. #84
    God bless the USA. Ack!! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central VA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,663
    Amen (Given)
    8249
    Amen (Received)
    8792
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Most racists don't. So what? Many Trumpers are just ignorant. Most are complicit.
    And most on the left distort and twist his words in the least charitable way possible. And most of us on the right actually know that you do it.


    First of all, I only speak for myself.

    Second, they are racist enough that they let his overt racism and the overt racism of a core of his supporters go! You do the math for yourself.
    And I think you intentionally make this "overt racism" up.

    In theory I support the beliefs of Antifa. But I would need to get the bottom on their true propensity for unprovoked acts of violence before I would be comfortable calling myself a member. It wouldn't be enough to say "Well, I don't support them on that but look at the rest of the stuff."
    They are too unorganized to have "beliefs". Other than thinking they are all Guy Fawkes mask wearing V for Vendetta stars.


    Again, if his overt racism and the overt racism of a small core of Trump's supporters doesn't cost him votes then it paints Trump supporters in a bad light and show most of them to be purely transactional in their politics and beliefs. This isn't an issue where one can say "I don't agree with him on this but look at all those judges." This is a direct assault on the message of Jesus's teachings, a direct assault on the principles most Trumpers claim to hold, and a direct assault on the Constitution and values of true Americans.
    You're wrong on almost every one of those claims. Jesus never told us anything about supporting political leaders, other than pay your taxes and pray for those in charge of the government. There is no "overt racism" with Trump. He may say stupid things on occasion, but that isn't overt racism. And only interpreting every action through a racism hunter's lens can you POSSIBLY believe that.

    I'm sorry you don't like getting caught up in that net. Jesus calls on you to oppose injustice wherever it exists so take it up with him. Opposing evil is rarely convenient.
    Injustice to who?


    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

  5. #85
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,135
    Amen (Given)
    165
    Amen (Received)
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    And most on the left distort and twist his words in the least charitable way possible. And most of us on the right actually know that you do it.
    How many instances of overt racism would it take for your to admit that he has said racist things?


    And I think you intentionally make this "overt racism" up.
    Let's find out then. Give me a number and I'll see what I can do.


    You're wrong on almost every one of those claims. Jesus never told us anything about supporting political leaders, other than pay your taxes and pray for those in charge of the government.
    I never said anything about supporting political leaders. I'm speaking about *opposing* those who use racism to achieve political ends. How do you interpret Matthew Chapter 25 in light of political leaders using racism for political ends?

    There is no "overt racism" with Trump. He may say stupid things on occasion, but that isn't overt racism. And only interpreting every action through a racism hunter's lens can you POSSIBLY believe that.
    I don't interpret everything he does through a lens geared towards seeing racism. But I have to interpret everything he says in light of what he says at his worst.


    Injustice to who?
    Are you saying Jesus doesn't call you to oppose injustice directed towards *everyone*, particularly those who are without the means to protect themselves?

    I mean, I wasn't a great Christian but I paid enough attention on Sunday to hear that message now and again.

  6. #86
    tWebber Whateverman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    789
    Amen (Given)
    166
    Amen (Received)
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    most on the left distort and twist his words in the least charitable way possible.
    Be honest: you know he's a troll, and you like him because of this.

    No one accuses critics of trolls of distorting and twisting the troll's words, because everyone recognizes what the troll is trying to do. Trump is different, in that his supporters know he's a troll - enjoy it - and pretend that he's just speaking like a normal president. He isn't, and he never has spoken like a normal president - which is why you voted for him.

    Y'all give everything he says a pass, and focus instead on the reactions his statements get. Everyone in this forum knows that if Obama had said 5% of the things Trump has said, federal buildings would have been fire-bombed.
    Last edited by Whateverman; 06-03-2020 at 11:22 AM.

  7. Amen DivineOb amen'd this post.
  8. #87
    God bless the USA. Ack!! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central VA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,663
    Amen (Given)
    8249
    Amen (Received)
    8792
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    How many instances of overt racism would it take for your to admit that he has said racist things?
    He has said things that you lefties contort to claim racism. Or things that were stupid choices of phrase.


    Let's find out then. Give me a number and I'll see what I can do.
    Nah, it's an exercise in futility. You have a lens that sees whatever he says in the worst light, and I don't have the time to correct you.


    I never said anything about supporting political leaders. I'm speaking about *opposing* those who use racism to achieve political ends. How do you interpret Matthew Chapter 25 in light of political leaders using racism for political ends?
    Which part?


    I don't interpret everything he does through a lens geared towards seeing racism. But I have to interpret everything he says in light of what he says at his worst.
    Riiiight...



    Are you saying Jesus doesn't call you to oppose injustice directed towards *everyone*, particularly those who are without the means to protect themselves?

    I mean, I wasn't a great Christian but I paid enough attention on Sunday to hear that message now and again.
    No, I am asking who is defining if something is an injustice.


    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

  9. #88
    God bless the USA. Ack!! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central VA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,663
    Amen (Given)
    8249
    Amen (Received)
    8792
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    Be honest: you know he's a troll, and you like him because of this.

    No one accuses critics of trolls of distorting and twisting the troll's words, because everyone recognizes what the troll is trying to do. Trump is different, in that his supporters know he's a troll - enjoy it - and pretend that he's just speaking like a normal president. He isn't, and he never has spoken like a normal president - which is why you voted for him.

    Y'all give everything he says a pass, and focus instead on the reactions his statements get. Everyone in this forum knows that if Obama had said 5% of the things Trump has said, federal buildings would have been fire-bombed.
    Man, you guys would have hated Jefferson...


    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

  10. #89
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    54,739
    Amen (Given)
    5607
    Amen (Received)
    23912
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    Who says it is racist only for this disease? I sure don't.
    Read his post.

  11. #90
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,135
    Amen (Given)
    165
    Amen (Received)
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    He has said things that you lefties contort to claim racism. Or things that were stupid choices of phrase.
    So you don't think there is a single unambiguous racist comment Trump has made?


    Nah, it's an exercise in futility. You have a lens that sees whatever he says in the worst light, and I don't have the time to correct you.
    Coward :).


    Which part?
    The part about doing for the least. You could probably also take the beatitudes similarly.


    Riiiight...
    Then embarrass me. If I am mistaken about my beliefs I'd rather be shown to be wrong than to carry on with incorrect beliefs.


    No, I am asking who is defining if something is an injustice.
    It is an injustice for anyone to be discriminated against for their race. It is an injustice for perpetuate beliefs which lead to discriminating against someone for their race. Do I really have to explain that to you?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •