Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump exposed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW BTC, here is a clip of Trump endorsing Steve King. Everyone acknowledges that SK is incredibly racist and he was stripped of his committee memberships as punishment for such. Trump says

"Today I'm here to support Steve King. A special guy, a smart person with, really, the right views on almost everything."

Hard to take his literal endorsement of SK as anything other than a, well, endorsement of SK's views.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
      BTW BTC, here is a clip of Trump endorsing Steve King. Everyone acknowledges that SK is incredibly racist and he was stripped of his committee memberships as punishment for such. Trump says

"Today I'm here to support Steve King. A special guy, a smart person with, really, the right views on almost everything."

Hard to take his literal endorsement of SK as anything other than a, well, endorsement of SK's views.
      Heck, all Obama had to do to be labeled a racist was to simply attend Jeremiah Wrights speeches. Imagine if he'd said what Trump did about King...

I'll bet even liberals would have complained.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Read his post.
        I did and responded, he hasn’t returned.

Comment

The quote comes from 2014 which is four or five years before King's racist remarks cost him his committee positions. To imply that Trump had endorsed him during the primaries this year as you do here is pretty dishonest.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            The quote comes from 2014 which is four or five years before King's racist remarks cost him his committee positions. To imply that Trump had endorsed him during the primaries this year as you do here is pretty dishonest.
            A few things

1) I didn't realize this was from 2014, so I will own that
            2) SK said plenty of racist stuff (language warning, I guess) before that video was made. E.g.

When you think about the optics of a Barack Obama potentially getting elected president of the United States—I mean, what does this look like to the rest of the world? What does it look like to the world of Islam? I will tell you that, if he is elected president, then the radical Islamists, the al Qaeda, the radical Islamists and their supporters, will be dancing in the streets in greater numbers than they did on September 11 because they will declare victory in this war on terror.

(John McCain disavowed those comments).

3) Trump continued to express support for SK up through 2018.

As late as October 2018, Trump, in Iowa, hailed King as “the world’s most conservative human being” and recalled: “I supported him long before I became a politician.”

4) That video clip was just something which came up in my twitter feed, it's not like that was the "best" example.

Comment

A few things

1) I didn't realize this was from 2014, so I will own that
              2) SK said plenty of racist stuff (language warning, I guess) before that video was made. E.g.

When you think about the optics of a Barack Obama potentially getting elected president of the United States—I mean, what does this look like to the rest of the world? What does it look like to the world of Islam? I will tell you that, if he is elected president, then the radical Islamists, the al Qaeda, the radical Islamists and their supporters, will be dancing in the streets in greater numbers than they did on September 11 because they will declare victory in this war on terror.

(John McCain disavowed those comments).

3) Trump continued to express support for SK up through 2018.

As late as October 2018, Trump, in Iowa, hailed King as “the world’s most conservative human being” and recalled: “I supported him long before I became a politician.”

4) That video clip was just something which came up in my twitter feed, it's not like that was the "best" example.
              Including the remark from Trump from 2018 doesn't help your case since it, just like the 2014 quote, was made before King uttered his notorious remarks in 2019.

That he appears to have said things prior to this was not widely known with much of it having been discovered by reporters digging into his past comments after he got into trouble.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So you don't think there is a single unambiguous racist comment Trump has made?
                Again, I have little time these days. We are ramping back up at work to begin our travelling mission again. Sorry I don't have the time to post much, nor to read transcripts and listen to speeches.

Coward :).
                Nah, I just want to keep my job.

The part about doing for the least. You could probably also take the beatitudes similarly.
                Contextually, this is talking about an individual, not a government. As are the Beatitudes.

Then embarrass me. If I am mistaken about my beliefs I'd rather be shown to be wrong than to carry on with incorrect beliefs.
                That's the problem. Opinions are subjective.

It is an injustice for anyone to be discriminated against for their race.
                Yep. That's why Trump has bent over backward to help minorities and poor areas. And their unemployment rates pre-pandemic were clear evidence.

It is an injustice for perpetuate beliefs which lead to discriminating against someone for their race.
                Oh, you mean like BDS?

Do I really have to explain that to you?
                I'[d expect you to be consistent.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment