Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump exposed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
    The point is that Trump maliciously calls it ‘chinese’
    Maliciously...

to deflect accountability for this ongoing crisis and hope there are people that are naive or simple enough to actually believe that China is to blame for everything bad that’s currently happening in the US as a result of this pandemic.
    Kevin_lol.gif

You guys sure do have the libtard mantra down pat...

It’s these idiots that then go out and assault asians believing they are to blame for this current state.
    Microscopic fraction of a fraction of a percent of Americans.

Trump didn’t cross out ‘corona’ in his speech and replace it with ‘China’ because people needed to know where it originated from. It’s clearly become a malicious term which is why most people have stopped calling it that and the people that still call it that know exactly why they do it.
    Clearly... You guys are a hoot!!
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      Gullible, yes, as most Americans are. Racist? Define "a good portion"...
      I don't know. Enough that his racist statements gain him more voters than he loses.

Mic dropping isn't running away.
      Agreed.

So why are you picking up for Sparko after his "mic drop"?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Saying a country is equivalent to a race of people is racist. If you said that the USA was the same as "the white race" you would be a racist, right? Saying China is the same as the Asian race is racist.
        The word racist as used by sociologists goes a lot further than talking about biological races. There is no such thing as biological races, the idea is a pseudoscience. What is meant by the social construction "race" is closer to target people. I am thinking in particular of how the effects of the stereotypes and animosity inherent in it affect Asian-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          So it magically became racist just for this one disease and was just fine before that?
          Who says it is racist only for this disease? I sure don't.

Comment

Since when is naming something "assigning blame"?
            If there's no malice in it, why not call it the accurate COVID-19 term? Or the more popular Corona-virus?

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
              The word racist as used by sociologists goes a lot further than talking about biological races. There is no such thing as biological races, the idea is a pseudoscience. What is meant by the social construction "race" is closer to target people. I am thinking in particular of how the effects of the stereotypes and animosity inherent in it affect Asian-Americans.
              That is spot on. In reality there is no such thing as seperate races, there is only one race, the human race. Our features evolved due to our changing enviroments, that's all.

Comment

Maliciously...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45219[/ATTACH]

You guys sure do have the libtard mantra down pat...

Microscopic fraction of a fraction of a percent of Americans.

Clearly... You guys are a hoot!!
                Oh.... you’re one of them.

Comment

Since, like, forever.

Would you object to "The Christian KKK"?

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                    Since, like, forever.

Well, it isn't accurate, so...
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      That's because we are fully aware of why Trump and then his idolizers are calling it the Chinese flu, and it isn't because it originated in China, it's to place blame on the chinese. I mean you guys know that, you're just feigning ignorance as usual.
                      This does not explain why all of those racist xenophobes in the MSM called it the Chinese or Wuhan Coronaviru for so long?[1] Or why did all of those racist xenophobic Asian news agencies call it the Wuhan virus?

1. Did you check out the video of dozens of examples?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Since, like, forever.

Well, it isn't accurate, so...
                        Then you WOULD object to the blame assigned by the term.

Right.

The virus didn't come from China. It came from the capital of Wuhan, Hubei province - the more accurate location.

Assuming that you actually value "accuracy", that is...
                        Last edited by Whateverman; 06-03-2020, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                          You think those video clips predate *January*? Not the ones I recognized but ok :).
                          Um, no.

The names of the various diseases that I had provided. I think the hint was the second part of the sentence[1].

I'd be fine with not naming a disease after the location from which it originates because I don't see how that is helpful and it has the potential to go wrong. What's wrong with retiring the "China Flu" name since we now have Americans being persecuted?
                          I personally prefer the Chicom coronavirus but realize it'll never catch on although it differentiates between the government and their horrific mishandling and deliberate lying and cover ups and the Chinese people at large.

Wuhan virus or coronavirus would be fine and in a sane world would likely have been what it is called

1. CLUE ALERT:

That I wasn't referring to the clips in the video and rather about the list of diseases is given away by everything after the "since" in the first sentence.

And here again is that list I quickly put together awhile back
                          Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Here is a partial list I've put together and is far from exhaustive
                          • Aden Fever (a form of Dengue Fever named after the capital of Yemen)
                          • American trypanosomiasis (a.k.a. Chagas disease and named after the American continents -- and Chagas was the name of a Brazilian doctor)
                          • Devonshire colic (named after the English county)
                          • Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever (named after the Ebola River in west Africa)
                          • German Measles (named after the German doctors who first described it)
                          • Guinea Worm (named after the Guinea coast of West Africa)
                          • Hantavirus (named after the Hantan river in South Korea)
                          • Hendra virus (named after a suburb of Brisbane, Australia)
                          • Japanese Encephalitis
                          • La Crosse Encephalitis (named after La Crosse, Wisconsin)
                          • Lassa Fever (named after Lassa, Nigeria)
                          • Legionnaires' Disease (named after the 1976 American Legion convention in Philadelphia -- even the name of the bacteria responsible reflects this)
                          • Lyme Disease (named after Lyme, Connecticut)
                          • Marburg Virus Disease (named after Marburg, Germany)
                          • MERS (Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome, which came from the Arabian Peninsula)
                          • Norovirus (named after the city of Norwalk, Ohio)
                          • Omsk Hemorrhagic Fever (named after Omsk Russia)
                          • Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (named after the North American mountain chain)
                          • Ross River Fever (named after the river in Australia)
                          • Salonika or Salonica Fever (often called Trench Fever and named after Thessaloniki, Greece)
                          • Spanish Flu
                          • St. Louis Encephalitis
                          • Valley Fever (named after San Joaquin Valley of California)
                          • West Nile Virus (named after the West Nile district of Uganda)
                          • Zika fever (named after the Ziika Forest of Uganda).
                          Last edited by rogue06; 06-03-2020, 09:19 AM.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Naming those things for specific geographic locations rather than nations removes nationalism from the equation. Most of the items in your list avoid that problem.

Spanish Flu, American Trypanosomiasis and German Measles are all examples of what I'm referring to as bad. They ARE bad, because they lay blame upon an entire country, rather than the specific place where the malady emerged from.

Wuhan Virus is fine; Chinese Virus is not. And when spoken by a nationalist, the nomenclature makes all the difference.
                            See my post immediately above.

Comment

I don't know. Enough that his racist statements gain him more voters than he loses.

Agreed.

So why are you picking up for Sparko after his "mic drop"?
                              I'm not. Just explaining to the fruit what one is.
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Then you WOULD object to the blame assigned by the term.

Right.

The virus didn't come from China. It came from the capital of Wuhan, Hubei province - the more accurate location.

Assuming that you actually value "accuracy", that is...
                                That's not even the same thing!! The KKK is NOT a Christian organization. Wuhan IS a part of China.
                                That's what
                                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment