Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time For Martial Law...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
    Actually this never happened before so I don't think anyone can know what will happen except the SCOTUS will make the final call. They could easily rule that Obama could be Vice President but be ineligible for President if something happens to Biden which would give us, as of this moment, President Pelosi.
    No I have read about this in law blogs. The main purpose of the VP is to take over for the President if he is incapacitated. If he can't do that, then he can't be VP. And Obama could not do that.

Comment

The violent protestors are only burning things out of love.

ScreenHunter_.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        The violent protestors are only burning things out of love.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45205[/ATTACH]
        How did I know, at a glance that this was the BB?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No I have read about this in law blogs. The main purpose of the VP is to take over for the President if he is incapacitated. If he can't do that, then he can't be VP. And Obama could not do that.
          I know there's a legal debate over it but I think it would be risky to run him knowing legal complications could follow.

I was glad that when John McCain ran in 2008, both sides more or less agreed that his eligibility to run shouldn't be questioned from the beginning, because that could have been ugly.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            Oversimplified racist rhetoric? Please stay out of my thread Jim...
            As you wish. My final response then is this. As long as you take offense at statements like that, rather than trying to understand the real issues behind why I said it, you will, albeit against your will, be more a part of the problem than a part of the solution. It is thinking like that expressed in the previous post that feeds and perpetuates the problem

I'm gone
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Some people need to be shot...

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

No, he can't. Because if something happened to Biden, he would become President, and he can't because he has already had two terms, so he is disqualified from being VP.
                Lyndon Johnson assumed Kennedy's term, which was a little over a year. He ran in 1964 and won a full term, and he was expected to run in 1968 for a full second term.

It appears the rule is that they can't run for president more than twice. Otherwise Johnson didn't need to bow out in 1968 because he was never eligible.

ETA: Never mind. Johnson didn't fill out 2 years of Kennedy's term, which made him eligible in 1968.
                Last edited by Ronson; 06-01-2020, 02:31 PM.

Comment

I don't support capital punishment for non capital crimes.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    A prayer vigil at the scene of Floyd's death is calling for peace. There was one guy walking around seemingly attempting to stoke emotional responses, but this guy - a reverend from New York, is calling for peace, while still calling the murder what it was.
                    Him doing both is very important.

Comment

I guess all that talk about democracy and freedom and the constitution, was all just a front wasn't it? What you really want is a strong male leader, and a strong government in power, sending strong men to make sure things are "done a certain way".

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        I don't support capital punishment for non capital crimes.
                        Are you kidding they could have killed that woman.
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                          I guess all that talk about democracy and freedom and the constitution, was all just a front wasn't it? What you really want is a strong male leader, and a strong government in power, sending strong men to make sure things are "done a certain way".

Yes, when young strong men are beating an older woman I want them punished... Don't you? If that was my mother I would have shot them. Perfectly Constitutional...

Comment

Yes, when young strong men are beating an older woman...
                            I gave a video where an army of the national guard marched down the city and shouted "Light em' up", before firing rubber bullets at people who were standing peacefully on their own porch.

And a group of police officers beating down old ladies, sitting quietly with cardboard signs.

I'm surprised you wanna give up your liberties so easily seer. You're supposed to be the conservative here, not me.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                              I gave a video where an army of the national guard marched down the city and shouted "Light em' up", before firing rubber bullets at people who were standing peacefully on their own porch.

And a group of police officers beating down old ladies, sitting quietly with cardboard signs.

I'm surprised you wanna give up your liberties so easily seer. You're supposed to be the conservative here, not me.
                              What is your point? Two wrongs don't make a right. If that was my mother I would have shot them. Perfectly Constitutional...

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                                Again, just more excuse making. The inequities are real and cannot be explained to any significant degree by any existing left leaning media bias, underscoring that your presentation of the issue as you have done here is itself grossly oversimplified and biased.
                                Why do liberals always object to one stating the facts? You guys falsely accuse us of "making excuses" or "blaming the victim" when all we're doing is looking at the complete picture. Come on, man, you claim you're interested in the truth, but in reality, you're only interested in those truths that support your agenda and toss out everything else. You're a fraud, ox.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment