Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Time For Martial Law...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    This is mostly the oversimplified racist rhetoric that is perpetuating the problem. Just as with the Arbery case, it is an attempt to shift blame onto black people and or the left, when what needs to happen is the real problems (like inequities wrt policing/punishment) need to be acknowledged and then dealt with. blaming the oppressed is not being a part of the solution, it is part of perpetuating the problem.

As I have pointed out several times. The inequity wrt police exists even if you account for the higher crime induced by the environment.

But even that ignores the causes of that higher crime environment in the first place, which hail back to the legacies of racism which include poverty and racial violence and oppression both in the past and in the present.

The causes are plural. And the connections to slavery and racism are very long and complex. Solving the problem is a huge problem, massive in scale.

But it will never be solved by the sorts of denial and excuse making found in your post.
    Oversimplified racist rhetoric? Please stay out of my thread Jim...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

2. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    No, he can't. Because if something happened to Biden, he would become President, and he can't because he has already had two terms, so he is disqualified from being VP.
    Actually this never happened before so I don't think anyone can know what will happen except the SCOTUS will make the final call. They could easily rule that Obama could be Vice President but be ineligible for President if something happens to Biden which would give us, as of this moment, President Pelosi.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
    Actually this never happened before so I don't think anyone can know what will happen except the SCOTUS will make the final call. They could easily rule that Obama could be Vice President but be ineligible for President if something happens to Biden which would give us, as of this moment, President Pelosi.
    The wording of the 22nd amendment leaves a tad bit of ambiguity.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    WOW, flipping channels, I heard some black leaders on Fox News speaking about the race riots and all that's going on.

They make WAY MORE SENSE than the loony left trying to make excuses for the "suffering" and, and have flat out called for the looters and insurrectionists to stop detracting from and diluting the message of those who are actually suffering.

They sound JUST LIKE the real life black liberals I work with every day.

AND, we had a "protest" in one of our public parks where the police were invited, and it was durn-near a LOVE-IN --- even moreso than what we've seen in Houston where black men are coming up and hugging police officers in the middle of the street.
    George Floyd's brother and a civil rights leader were holding a prayer meeting and calling for peaceful protests and condemning the looting and violence.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    George Floyd's brother and a civil rights leader were holding a prayer meeting and calling for peaceful protests and condemning the looting and violence.
    Yeah, I started a new thread on that.

But it's worthwhile posting here, as well... let's listen to the black dude and ignore the blabbering of the white dudes.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
    No I have read about this in law blogs. The main purpose of the VP is to take over for the President if he is incapacitated. If he can't do that, then he can't be VP. And Obama could not do that.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The violent protestors are only burning things out of love.

ScreenHunter_.jpg

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The violent protestors are only burning things out of love.

ScreenHunter_.jpg
    How did I know, at a glance that this was the BB?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No I have read about this in law blogs. The main purpose of the VP is to take over for the President if he is incapacitated. If he can't do that, then he can't be VP. And Obama could not do that.
    I know there's a legal debate over it but I think it would be risky to run him knowing legal complications could follow.

I was glad that when John McCain ran in 2008, both sides more or less agreed that his eligibility to run shouldn't be questioned from the beginning, because that could have been ugly.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Oversimplified racist rhetoric? Please stay out of my thread Jim...
    As you wish. My final response then is this. As long as you take offense at statements like that, rather than trying to understand the real issues behind why I said it, you will, albeit against your will, be more a part of the problem than a part of the solution. It is thinking like that expressed in the previous post that feeds and perpetuates the problem

I'm gone
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"