Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I'm beginning to doubt Trump's relection chances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    You don't need to do much to launch a strong campaign. Just stop saying stupid crap on twitter. Even if you have to fake like being a politician, Trump can't do that for just a few days? No, because Trump just isn't that intelligent. The left is definitely right in that regard. He's not playing 4-d chess because he's an imbecile. I could think of at least three or four ways I could use this crisis to my advantage, one of them being Biden's "you ain't black" comment. What does Trump do? He tweets about "skanks" and Scarborugh conspiracies. Come on, man.
    It’s weak to call someone like Trump simply stupid when clearly such behavior suggests deeper problems like paranoia and NPD. You wouldn’t just call a Democratic president stupid if he tweeted these things. You’d call him dangerous and unstable, which are much more appropriate adjectives to describe what you’re seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
      It’s weak to call someone like Trump simply stupid when clearly such behavior suggests deeper problems like paranoia and NPD. You wouldn’t just call a Democratic president stupid if he tweeted these things. You’d call him dangerous and unstable, which are much more appropriate adjectives to describe what you’re seeing.
      Not really. If this was his character from the beginning, and it is, then it's consistent with who he is. Now if someone like Obama, who speaks "eloquently" (and by eloquent I don't mean intelligent -- Obama's uh, uh, uh is not a sign of intelligence -- I mean like a politician), then suddenly started trolling and acting bombastic like Trump, I'd say yeah, there's something seriously amiss going on with this dude.

Comment

Not really. If this was his character from the beginning, and it is, then it's consistent with who he is. Now if someone like Obama, who speaks "eloquently" (and by eloquent I don't mean intelligent -- Obama's uh, uh, uh is not a sign of intelligence -- I mean like a politician), then suddenly started trolling and acting bombastic like Trump, I'd say yeah, there's something seriously amiss going on with this dude.
        In other words there was always something seriously wrong with Trump, but you only care now?

Comment

I honestly think what has happened put the fear of God into him and terrible this job was. He probably regrets accepting it.
          I have wondered myself whether he actually wants to win. He seems more interested in the prestige associated with the office than the actual duties.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            In other words there was always something seriously wrong with Trump, but you only care now?
            It depends on what you mean by "wrong." Was he rude? Yeah. Was he a narcissist? Yeah. Was he a showman? Yeah. Was he blunt? Yeah. He was all these things before getting elected. He was just smarter, as far as strategies are concerned, and especially when it came his use of social media. It's just easier for me assume he bit off more than he could chew. I mean, come on, I think we would all agree that we've had one hell of an unusual year so far. It's been like a horror show. He wants no part of it anymore. I know I wouldn't.

Comment

He probably regrets accepting it.
              Just in case you want to know the truth, Russia said that if he ran they would cancel his debt to them. He never intended nor wanted to win. I know you probably don't believe me but remember I said this after he's in prison and the truth is everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                Just in case you want to know the truth, Russia said that if he ran they would cancel his debt to them. He never intended nor wanted to win. I know you probably don't believe me but remember I said this after he's in prison and the truth is everywhere.
                Do you have evidence for this?
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

It depends on what you mean by "wrong." Was he rude? Yeah. Was he a narcissist? Yeah. Was he a showman? Yeah. Was he blunt? Yeah. He was all these things before getting elected. He was just smarter, as far as strategies are concerned, and especially when it came his use of social media. It's just easier for me assume he bit off more than he could chew. I mean, come on, I think we would all agree that we've had one hell of an unusual year so far. It's been like a horror show. He wants no part of it anymore. I know I wouldn't.
                  Right, a rude, narcisistic, con man, not to mention a blatant lying, thieving, law breaking, authoritarian.

Comment

No, he's not being himself. He was always a troll, but he was at least a smarter troll than this when it came to political strategy and using his opponent's blunders against them.
                    I think the stress of being the Prez during a massive pandemic is taking it's toll on him. It's affecting, "Essential Service," workers like myself royally hard, I can't imagine how much fatigue and stress world leaders are under with All Eyes On Them right now.
                    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                      I think the stress of being the Prez during a massive pandemic is taking it's toll on him. It's affecting, "Essential Service," workers like myself royally hard, I can't imagine how much fatigue and stress world leaders are under with All Eyes On Them right now.
                      Perhaps he needs more time off to play golf.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        I have wondered myself whether he actually wants to win. He seems more interested in the prestige associated with the office than the actual duties.
                        I remember when Bush was in a store buying a fishing pole, and I thought -- uh oh -- he's not PLANNING on getting reelected - he's going FISHING!
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Right, a rude, narcisistic, con man, not to mention a blatant lying, thieving, law breaking, authoritarian.
                          Oh, come on, Jim, you're not THAT bad!
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Oh my word. You sound like you feel sorry for the man. Yeah, presidents know they have the potential to be blindsided by World Wars, terrorist attacks, pandemics, and financial collapses.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              Do you have evidence for this?
                              Nothing which will stand up to scrutiny by those on this board. The most consistent voice I've heard on this subject is Seth Abramson. I really feel like I saw a reference to the debt cancellation from John Schindler but I can't find that tweet now (it would be a while ago).

Since it's too late to edit my post now let's pretend I put the following up front

"The conjecture I most favor is..."

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                                Nothing which will stand up to scrutiny by those on this board.
                                So sort of like your claim that Trump is a drunk and drug addict based on the word of a single anonymous bartender and someone who claims to have seen Trump (IIRC) snorting drugs on the set of a TV show even though it was later shown he wasn't there.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment