Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm beginning to doubt Trump's relection chances

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Trump's disapproval hit 54%, which is the highest level for any president in the fourth year of their presidency.
    Biden says a racist remark that gets national attention. Trump tweets and retweets utter nonsense throughout the weekend so the negative spotlight shines back on him. Riots break out. Biden visits black leaders in black churches. Trump hides in a bunker. Then when Trump reemerges from that bunker, he goes around talking tough, that he's going to use military to squash the protests (violating posse comitatus), strolls to a church (where protesters had previously been forcefully run out by law enforcement) to do a photoshop about how holy he is. I mean the optics at this point are so horrendous, I really get the feeling this is intentional. He doesn't want a second term.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Biden says a racist remark that gets national attention. Trump tweets and retweets utter nonsense throughout the weekend so the negative spotlight shines back on him. Riots break out. Biden visits black leaders in black churches. Trump hides in a bunker. Then when Trump reemerges from that bunker, he goes around talking tough, that he's going to use military to squash the protests (violating posse comitatus), strolls to a church (where protesters had previously been forcefully run out by law enforcement) to do a photoshop about how holy he is. I mean the optics at this point are so horrendous, I really get the feeling this is intentional. He doesn't want a second term.
    It's intentional alright, he's just being himself. Glad to see that some of you are finally catching on.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    It's intentional alright, he's just being himself. Glad to see that some of you are finally catching on.
    No, he's not being himself. He was always a troll, but he was at least a smarter troll than this when it came to political strategy and using his opponent's blunders against them.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No, he's not being himself. He was always a troll, but he was at least a smarter troll than this when it came to political strategy and using his opponent's blunders against them.
    (you probably won't like what I have to say)

What's happening is his dementia is fully catching up with him. Try, for a second, to suspend your disbelief and see if that helps why instincts are fading and he's turned into his own worst enemy.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    (you probably won't like what I have to say)

What's happening is his dementia is fully catching up with him. Try, for a second, to suspend your disbelief and see if that helps why instincts are fading and he's turned into his own worst enemy.
    I just assume he doesn't care. I don't get a sense of dementia when he talks. He definitely doesn't speak like he's educated, which is why he can't speak eloquently, but he's always been street/business savvy, which is how i think he was able to outsmart his opponents. I honestly think what has happened put the fear of God into him and terrible this job was. He probably regrets accepting it.

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You don't need to do much to launch a strong campaign. Just stop saying stupid crap on twitter. Even if you have to fake like being a politician, Trump can't do that for just a few days? No, because Trump just isn't that intelligent. The left is definitely right in that regard. He's not playing 4-d chess because he's an imbecile. I could think of at least three or four ways I could use this crisis to my advantage, one of them being Biden's "you ain't black" comment. What does Trump do? He tweets about "skanks" and Scarborugh conspiracies. Come on, man.
    It’s weak to call someone like Trump simply stupid when clearly such behavior suggests deeper problems like paranoia and NPD. You wouldn’t just call a Democratic president stupid if he tweeted these things. You’d call him dangerous and unstable, which are much more appropriate adjectives to describe what you’re seeing.

7. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    It’s weak to call someone like Trump simply stupid when clearly such behavior suggests deeper problems like paranoia and NPD. You wouldn’t just call a Democratic president stupid if he tweeted these things. You’d call him dangerous and unstable, which are much more appropriate adjectives to describe what you’re seeing.
    Not really. If this was his character from the beginning, and it is, then it's consistent with who he is. Now if someone like Obama, who speaks "eloquently" (and by eloquent I don't mean intelligent -- Obama's uh, uh, uh is not a sign of intelligence -- I mean like a politician), then suddenly started trolling and acting bombastic like Trump, I'd say yeah, there's something seriously amiss going on with this dude.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Not really. If this was his character from the beginning, and it is, then it's consistent with who he is. Now if someone like Obama, who speaks "eloquently" (and by eloquent I don't mean intelligent -- Obama's uh, uh, uh is not a sign of intelligence -- I mean like a politician), then suddenly started trolling and acting bombastic like Trump, I'd say yeah, there's something seriously amiss going on with this dude.
    In other words there was always something seriously wrong with Trump, but you only care now?

10. Amen whag amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I honestly think what has happened put the fear of God into him and terrible this job was. He probably regrets accepting it.
    I have wondered myself whether he actually wants to win. He seems more interested in the prestige associated with the office than the actual duties.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    In other words there was always something seriously wrong with Trump, but you only care now?
    It depends on what you mean by "wrong." Was he rude? Yeah. Was he a narcissist? Yeah. Was he a showman? Yeah. Was he blunt? Yeah. He was all these things before getting elected. He was just smarter, as far as strategies are concerned, and especially when it came his use of social media. It's just easier for me assume he bit off more than he could chew. I mean, come on, I think we would all agree that we've had one hell of an unusual year so far. It's been like a horror show. He wants no part of it anymore. I know I wouldn't.