Thread: I'm beginning to doubt Trump's relection chances

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    He probably regrets accepting it.
    Just in case you want to know the truth, Russia said that if he ran they would cancel his debt to them. He never intended nor wanted to win. I know you probably don't believe me but remember I said this after he's in prison and the truth is everywhere.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Just in case you want to know the truth, Russia said that if he ran they would cancel his debt to them. He never intended nor wanted to win. I know you probably don't believe me but remember I said this after he's in prison and the truth is everywhere.
    Do you have evidence for this?
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

3. Amen Chaotic Void, Cerebrum123, DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It depends on what you mean by "wrong." Was he rude? Yeah. Was he a narcissist? Yeah. Was he a showman? Yeah. Was he blunt? Yeah. He was all these things before getting elected. He was just smarter, as far as strategies are concerned, and especially when it came his use of social media. It's just easier for me assume he bit off more than he could chew. I mean, come on, I think we would all agree that we've had one hell of an unusual year so far. It's been like a horror show. He wants no part of it anymore. I know I wouldn't.
    Right, a rude, narcisistic, con man, not to mention a blatant lying, thieving, law breaking, authoritarian.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No, he's not being himself. He was always a troll, but he was at least a smarter troll than this when it came to political strategy and using his opponent's blunders against them.
    I think the stress of being the Prez during a massive pandemic is taking it's toll on him. It's affecting, "Essential Service," workers like myself royally hard, I can't imagine how much fatigue and stress world leaders are under with All Eyes On Them right now.
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

6. Amen Darth Ovious amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    I think the stress of being the Prez during a massive pandemic is taking it's toll on him. It's affecting, "Essential Service," workers like myself royally hard, I can't imagine how much fatigue and stress world leaders are under with All Eyes On Them right now.
    Perhaps he needs more time off to play golf.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I have wondered myself whether he actually wants to win. He seems more interested in the prestige associated with the office than the actual duties.
    I remember when Bush was in a store buying a fishing pole, and I thought -- uh oh -- he's not PLANNING on getting reelected - he's going FISHING!
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Right, a rude, narcisistic, con man, not to mention a blatant lying, thieving, law breaking, authoritarian.
    Oh, come on, Jim, you're not THAT bad!
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It depends on what you mean by "wrong." Was he rude? Yeah. Was he a narcissist? Yeah. Was he a showman? Yeah. Was he blunt? Yeah. He was all these things before getting elected. He was just smarter, as far as strategies are concerned, and especially when it came his use of social media. It's just easier for me assume he bit off more than he could chew. I mean, come on, I think we would all agree that we've had one hell of an unusual year so far. It's been like a horror show. He wants no part of it anymore. I know I wouldn't.
    Oh my word. You sound like you feel sorry for the man. Yeah, presidents know they have the potential to be blindsided by World Wars, terrorist attacks, pandemics, and financial collapses.

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Do you have evidence for this?
    Nothing which will stand up to scrutiny by those on this board. The most consistent voice I've heard on this subject is Seth Abramson. I really feel like I saw a reference to the debt cancellation from John Schindler but I can't find that tweet now (it would be a while ago).

Since it's too late to edit my post now let's pretend I put the following up front

"The conjecture I most favor is..."

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Nothing which will stand up to scrutiny by those on this board.
    So sort of like your claim that Trump is a drunk and drug addict based on the word of a single anonymous bartender and someone who claims to have seen Trump (IIRC) snorting drugs on the set of a TV show even though it was later shown he wasn't there.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

13. Amen Darth Ovious amen'd this post.