Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm beginning to doubt Trump's relection chances

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

I'm beginning to doubt Trump's relection chances

And it's not even so much the circumstances in 2020, but the fact he keeps tweeting and retweeting some of the most imbecilic stuff imaginable and at the worse time. He's his own worse enemy. It's as if he's trying to lose reelection. I think the only hope we have at this point is that the Dem's are also their own enemy. But if they drop Biden for someone else...

"I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I've pretty much decided to sit this one out and let the chips fall where they may.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    And it's not even so much the circumstances in 2020, but the fact he keeps tweeting and retweeting some of the most imbecilic stuff imaginable and at the worse time. He's his own worse enemy. It's as if he's trying to lose reelection.
    I'm assuming you voted for Trump in 2016; please correct me if I'm wrong:

Back then, most polls which heavily favored Clinton pointed to Trump's willingness to say things that'd normally get a candidate (effectively) disqualified, or an election loss; they were obviously wrong. Since having been voted into office, he's continued saying stuff that would otherwise get a politician into trouble.

Through all this time, support for him really hasn't wavered too much. The people who stand by him don't really seem concerned with what he says.

So I guess I'm asking why you think his latest statements (from the last 6 months?) might impact his ability to get re-elected. As far as I can tell, he can say anything he wants, with impunity.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    I'm assuming you voted for Trump in 2016; please correct me if I'm wrong:

Back then, most polls which heavily favored Clinton pointed to Trump's willingness to say things that'd normally get a candidate (effectively) disqualified, or an election loss; they were obviously wrong. Since having been voted into office, he's continued saying stuff that would otherwise get a politician into trouble.

Through all this time, support for him really hasn't wavered too much. The people who stand by him don't really seem concerned with what he says.

So I guess I'm asking why you think his latest statements (from the last 6 months?) might impact his ability to get re-elected. As far as I can tell, he can say anything he wants, with impunity.
    It's not so much his statements. He was always bombastic, blunt, and petty when it came to internet "troll wars." It's the fact that I just think he's an idiot, thus incapable of planning any type of election strategy. There are so many ways he could have at least took advantage of this situation for political reasons, but he didn't. And he even made it worse. I honestly think he pretty much just threw in the towel. He's not even trying anymore.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    It's not so much his statements. He was always bombastic, blunt, and petty when it came to internet "troll wars." It's the fact that I just think he's an idiot, thus incapable of planning any type of election strategy. There are so many ways he could have at least took advantage of this situation for political reasons, but he didn't. And he even made it worse. I honestly think he pretty much just threw in the towel. He's not even trying anymore.
    Fair enough, thanks.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Fair enough, thanks.
    Do you HAVE to be so cotton pickin agreeable?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Do you HAVE to be so cotton pickin agreeable?
    This is a web forum I haven't been on in a while, which means I have a chance to "reinvent" myself here. I'm trying to do that.

I'm sure if I spend enough time here, I will eventually morph into someone who can be pigeonholed into agreeing with only one side and always disagreeing with the other. Give it some time :)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This is a web forum I haven't been on in a while, which means I have a chance to "reinvent" myself here. I'm trying to do that.
    Ah, ok.... so, so far, you and me --- we good, yes?

I'm sure if I spend enough time here, I will eventually morph into someone who can be pigeonholed into agreeing with only one side and always disagreeing with the other. Give it some time :)
    Meh, I'm not always batting for the same team, though I'm certainly accused of that.

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Ah, ok.... so, so far, you and me --- we good, yes?
    Yes! I never meant to imply otherwise.

Even with people I routinely disagree with, I try to respond to their prima facie posts (unless I know they're habitual trolls).

Meh, I'm not always batting for the same team, though I'm certainly accused of that.
    I'm happy when I find find people with nuanced positions, on anything. It's the ones who reject any possibility of nuance that I mistrust...

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Donald Trump's approval rating has never reflected someone with a chance at re-election. That fact that today his answer remains "smash the protests" shows just how unsuited he is for the moment. All he has at this point is his narcissism and sadism.