Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I'm beginning to doubt Trump's relection chances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to the latest state level polls, if the election were to be held today, Biden would get 347 electoral college votes vs. 191 for Trump.

However, many of the state level races are essentially tied, for example, Biden has a 1 point lead in Georgia, while Trump has a 1 point lead in Texas.
    Last edited by Reepicheep; 06-04-2020, 09:17 AM.
    "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
    "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
      According to the latest state level polls, if the election were to be held today, Biden would get 347 electoral college votes vs. 191 for Trump.

However, many of the state level races are essentially tied, for example, Biden has a 1 point lead in Georgia, while Trump has a 1 point lead in Texas.
      Welcome to a forum that wont crash every few months and lose posts/accounts ;)

ps. yes, I came here from the same place you did

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        So sort of like your claim that Trump is a drunk and drug addict based on the word of a single anonymous bartender and someone who claims to have seen Trump (IIRC) snorting drugs on the set of a TV show even though it was later shown he wasn't there.
        No. That he has a substance abuse problem is mostly evident from other sources -- e.g. his pupils massively dilated in brightly lit TV studios. That testimonial evidence is the weakest part.

pupil.jpg

Comment

Once Texas goes blue the Republican party, in its current form, will never win another presidency. Great news for America and Democracy.

Comment

I think polls are pretty irrelevant in this case. First of all, polls are inaccurate for various reasons, but I think once Biden gets on the debate stage with Trump, and the nation sees how diminished Biden's cognitive state is, everything will change. Of course, this could work in favor of the Dems for two reasons: Biden drops out and is replaced (which I think is going to happen), or Trump just takes a dive because he doesn't want to do it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
              Once Texas goes blue the Republican party, in its current form, will never win another presidency. Great news for America and Democracy.
              Oh man...

I disagree with this pretty strongly, though the subject is admittedly complicated. The short version of my answer is that the GOP have changed completely in the last decade, and there's no reason they couldn't do it again in the next.

EDIT: heck, anyone who's spent time discussing the history of US slavery probably already recognizes that what we call "Republicans" in this century were known as "Democrats" in the previous one.
              Last edited by Whateverman; 06-04-2020, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                Oh man...

I disagree with this pretty strongly, though the subject is admittedly complicated. The short version of my answer is that the GOP have changed completely in the last decade, and there's no reason they couldn't do it again in the next.
                I said "in its current form" because it is possible that they will reform as a different party. I don't think that will or can happen though as the name "Republican" is too damaged with PoC and the "youth" at this point for rehabilitation. Far more likely the Democrats will end up splintering into a true left wing party and a center right party.

Comment

I said "in its current form"
                  I missed that somehow. Mea culpa.

because it is possible that they will reform as a different party. I don't think that will or can happen though as the name "Republican" is too damaged with PoC and the "youth" at this point for rehabilitation. Far more likely the Democrats will end up splintering into a true left wing party and a center right party.
                  Well - political soothsaying is certainly fun. I guess I'm still not as confident as you (re. Republican presidents), as whatever the GOP is today, it's still strong. If the current presidency has taught society anything, it's that there are plenty of people willing to sacrifice their principles if doing so wins them some kind of ideological victory. I think the party isn't going anywhere any time soon, until this culture war starts to cool down...

Comment

I missed that somehow. Mea culpa.
                    No problem :).

Well - political soothsaying is certainly fun. I guess I'm still not as confident as you (re. Republican presidents), as whatever the GOP is today, it's still strong. If the current presidency has taught society anything, it's that there are plenty of people willing to sacrifice their principles if doing so wins them some kind of ideological victory. I think the party isn't going anywhere any time soon, until this culture war starts to cool down...
                    I think we will know a lot after this election. Let's hope it's not close.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Because it is appointed unto man once to die, and, apparently, it's not Trump's time yet.
                      Rejoice!

Last edited by firstfloor; 06-04-2020, 11:28 AM.
                      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

No. That he has a substance abuse problem is mostly evident from other sources -- e.g. his pupils massively dilated in brightly lit TV studios. That testimonial evidence is the weakest part.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45285[/ATTACH]
                        Why are his eyes so dilated in such a bright room?

Comment

And it crashed again, I see. It's like that board has Alzheimers; where ever day is a new beginning, and yesterday doesn't exist.

Comment

If the election were held today...

...a lot of us would be really caught off guard!
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yes, I am he. I finally had enough of the old forum.

Reepicheep is my favorite fictional character, and I'm pleased that the name has always been available whenever I register in a forum. Good thing, too. My second favorite fictional character is The Unnamed Servant in King Lear, and that would make for a very awkward handle...
                              "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                              "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Yes, I am he. I finally had enough of the old forum....
                                You guys are doing GREAT in not naming other forums, which would be a no-no.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment