Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I'm beginning to doubt Trump's relection chances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
    In an only barely-relevant response, the nice thing about this forum is that nuanced conversation is actually possible here. Glad I made the switch, and I think you'll appreciate Reepicheep; we come from opposite sides of the theological fence, but I've always found him to be reasonable if not entirely agreeable.
    Welcome!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
      And it crashed again, I see. It's like that board has Alzheimers; where ever day is a new beginning, and yesterday doesn't exist.
      It was getting spammed by bot user accounts and pr0n links, just before the forums got wiped a second time...

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
        It was getting spammed by bot user accounts and pr0n links, just before the forums got wiped a second time...
        Mossy is ENDLESSLY defenestrating bots. She good people!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
          Yes, I am he. I finally had enough of the old forum.
          I like this forum better too. You don't have to pay to send a private message and you can send as many as you want to send.

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
            Yes, I am he. I finally had enough of the old forum.

Reepicheep is my favorite fictional character, and I'm pleased that the name has always been available whenever I register in a forum. Good thing, too. My second favorite fictional character is The Unnamed Servant in King Lear, and that would make for a very awkward handle...
            I sent you a private message. Maybe you don't remember me. I can tell you more when you answer my private message. Does Abdul or BMZ ring a bell?

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
              Once Texas goes blue the Republican party, in its current form, will never win another presidency. Great news for America and Democracy.
              You are exactly right about Texas. In fact, this morning when I checked the latest polls, Biden is +3 in Florida, and Texas and Iowa are both tied. This gives us an electoral college vote of:

367 - Democrats
              127 - Republican
              44 - tied (Texas and Iowa)

The articles I have read about Texas credit changing demographics (basically, more young people and more non-Caucasians) with the change from Red to Blue.
              "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
              "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Trump has come up with an interesting strategy to counter a recent Biden/Trump poll which has Biden leading by +14. The Trump campaign is demanding that CNN retract their recent poll and publish a "full, fair, and conspicuous retraction, apology, and clarification to correct its misleading conclusions." I guess Trump has never heard the expression "don't shoot the messenger".

The CNN SSRS poll is not the only recent poll to show Biden with a sizeable lead. The most recent polls listed on the FIVETHIRTYEIGHT website, and the company that did each poll, are:

+8 Biden - Youguv
                +8 Biden - Ipsos
                +7 Biden - MSR
                +8 Biden - Morning Consult
                +10 Biden - RMG Research
                +13 Biden - Data For Progress
                +12 Biden - Garin-Hart-Yang Research Group
                +14 Biden - CNN/SSRS
                +10 Biden - HarrisX

EVEN - Zogby Analytics
                +10 Biden - Whitman Insight Strategies
                +7 Biden - Marist College
                +5 Biden - Research Co.
                "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                  And it's not even so much the circumstances in 2020, but the fact he keeps tweeting and retweeting some of the most imbecilic stuff imaginable and at the worse time. He's his own worse enemy. It's as if he's trying to lose reelection. I think the only hope we have at this point is that the Dem's are also their own enemy. But if they drop Biden for someone else...

Well the polls don't look too good for him, but then again they didn't look good in 2016 either. I do think the Dems have slipped up recently since you made this op though. Backing an idea like "Defund the police" I don't think is going to do them any favours, even if they do mean replacing rather than defunding the slogan doesn't help give that impression. So far Bidden is against this idea so he has points for that however this decision is getting made on the state level so his rejection of the idea doesn't mean much.
                  “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                    Biden says a racist remark that gets national attention. Trump tweets and retweets utter nonsense throughout the weekend so the negative spotlight shines back on him. Riots break out. Biden visits black leaders in black churches. Trump hides in a bunker. Then when Trump reemerges from that bunker, he goes around talking tough, that he's going to use military to squash the protests (violating posse comitatus), strolls to a church (where protesters had previously been forcefully run out by law enforcement) to do a photoshop about how holy he is. I mean the optics at this point are so horrendous, I really get the feeling this is intentional. He doesn't want a second term.
                    Trump hiding in a bunker probably wasn't his decision. The secret service are charged with protecting him so they probably took him down. I heard that when 9/11 happened they had to drag Dick Cheney down to the bunker against his will.
                    “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      I have wondered myself whether he actually wants to win. He seems more interested in the prestige associated with the office than the actual duties.
                      Its interesting because the same is true with the Democrats. They aren't exactly acting sane either really. Maybe the financial collapse is going to happen in the next 4 years and neither party wants the blame.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Right, a rude, narcisistic, con man, not to mention a blatant lying, thieving, law breaking, authoritarian.
                        Sounds like a description of any politician to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Perhaps he needs more time off to play golf.
                          Come on now. Obama played golf too. Heck he even played golf during the pandemic By the way I don't really care that he did. Pretty much everybody broke the lockdown rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                            Once Texas goes blue the Republican party, in its current form, will never win another presidency. Great news for America and Democracy.
                            I hope you're going to suggest that another party comes along to replace the republicans because you'll not like a 1 party system.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                              I said "in its current form" because it is possible that they will reform as a different party. I don't think that will or can happen though as the name "Republican" is too damaged with PoC and the "youth" at this point for rehabilitation. Far more likely the Democrats will end up splintering into a true left wing party and a center right party.
                              Just replying to note that I've read your clarification here. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
                                Trump has come up with an interesting strategy to counter a recent Biden/Trump poll which has Biden leading by +14. The Trump campaign is demanding that CNN retract their recent poll and publish a "full, fair, and conspicuous retraction, apology, and clarification to correct its misleading conclusions." I guess Trump has never heard the expression "don't shoot the messenger".

The CNN SSRS poll is not the only recent poll to show Biden with a sizeable lead. The most recent polls listed on the FIVETHIRTYEIGHT website, and the company that did each poll, are:

+8 Biden - Youguv
                                +8 Biden - Ipsos
                                +7 Biden - MSR
                                +8 Biden - Morning Consult
                                +10 Biden - RMG Research
                                +13 Biden - Data For Progress
                                +12 Biden - Garin-Hart-Yang Research Group
                                +14 Biden - CNN/SSRS
                                +10 Biden - HarrisX

EVEN - Zogby Analytics
                                +10 Biden - Whitman Insight Strategies
                                +7 Biden - Marist College
                                +5 Biden - Research Co.
                                These are all pre-general debate numbers. Remember that.

Comment