Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I'm beginning to doubt Trump's relection chances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An interesting article on Politico about the state of polling. Apparently there are still questions about the accuracy of polls in battleground states.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...s-biden-324210
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
      An interesting article on Politico about the state of polling. Apparently there are still questions about the accuracy of polls in battleground states.

nooo.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        Right. The article is from earlier than the video. The man in the hoodie is Tiny.
        OK, any article saying he was the one involved in the incident you posted. I think it's clear that you posted he has committed assault before.

Here is a link which puts him as a member of PB.

Two prominent members of the far-right Proud Boys men’s group have been charged with felony assault over a 2018 attack on a critic in Portland, prosecutors announced Tuesday.

Police have already arrested one of the Proud Boys, Donovon Flippo. The other Proud Boy wanted in the case, Tusitala “Tiny” Toese, posted recently on Facebook that he’s in American Samoa, although he said he will return to Portland to face his legal charges.

The arrests mark another blow to the Proud Boys, a pro-Trump men’s group created by conservative provocateur Gavin McInnes that requires its members to abide by various rules and initiation requirements, including a restriction on masturbating. Other members of the group were arrested last year after an attack in New York, and McInnes himself quit the group shortly after that.
        Same as above.

Are you suggesting that PB isn't a White Supremacist organization?
        I think you could call them a right wing organisation but why would "white supremacists" allow members into their groups who weren't white. The founder Gavin McInnes is married to an Asian woman but then again Gavin doesn't lead the group anymore. He left it because of the violence.
        Last edited by Darth Ovious; 06-17-2020, 01:56 PM. Reason: Grammar
        “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
          An interesting article on Politico about the state of polling. Apparently there are still questions about the accuracy of polls in battleground states.

Right, there is a good possibility that Biden is even further ahead than the polls suggest.

Comment

• God Bless you James Woods.

https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/s...05066570223616
            Last edited by Darth Ovious; 06-18-2020, 02:07 PM. Reason: Grammar
            “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
              Wow! That's worse than Hillary's "super predators." That's Trump campaign ad fodder for sure (assuming he wants to win of course).

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
                Wow, he kinda stuttered and stammered back then, too! Just not nearly as much as now.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Wow, he kinda stuttered and stammered back then, too! Just not nearly as much as now.
                  The difference between then and now is stark. His supporters who claim he's fine are just denying reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                    Wow! That's worse than Hillary's "super predators." That's Trump campaign ad fodder for sure (assuming he wants to win of course).
                    The thing is, though, that no matter how racist people make Biden look, Trump will always look worse on the same front. Even worse, there's no need to go searching for 30 year old video clips to show it.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                      The difference between then and now is stark. His supporters who claim he's fine are just denying reality.
                      No argument - then, it just appeared he got emotional and started stammering -- occasionally -- now it's much more 'natural' to him..... and, again, the way he ended that last speech.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                        The thing is, though, that no matter how racist people make Biden look, Trump will always look worse on the same front. Even worse, there's no need to go searching for 30 year old video clips to show it.
                        Only one is manufactured (usually using edited clips out of context) with no merit, and the other is based on actual footage with the words coming right form his lips in favor of actual policy he supported. Even Kamala, the woman who just might be his VP, pointed this out on national TV.

Comment

• And really, demonstrating someone's racist because they signed a crime bill is tepid at best. They might be racist, and the bill might end up disproportionately targeting people of one race over another - but that's even on the same planet as the "They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists." kind of racism.

Not in the same solar system as the "sh*thole countries" kind of racism.

Comment

And really, demonstrating someone's racist because they signed a crime bill is tepid at best. They might be racist, and the bill might end up disproportionately targeting people of one race over another - but that's even on the same planet as the "They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists." kind of racism.
                            You didn't actually watch the video, did you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              You didn't actually watch the video, did you?
                              Watched the whole thing, just now. What part do you think I missed?

Comment

And really, demonstrating someone's racist because they signed a crime bill is tepid at best. They might be racist, and the bill might end up disproportionately targeting people of one race over another - but that's even on the same planet as the "They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists." kind of racism.
                                It's not us he has to worry about. The point is not the racism standard we on the right have set. It's the standard the left has set. Once again, they've shot themselves in the foot with it.

Comment