Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: George Floyd's Brother Calling for Peace

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

George Floyd's Brother Calling for Peace

let's see if the MSM plays this NEARLY as much as they've played the "boot on the neck" over and over and over and over...
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

2. Amen seer, mossrose, Leonhard amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    let's see if the MSM plays this NEARLY as much as they've played the "boot on the neck" over and over and over and over...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    "One more thing I want from y'all..... " he's making an excellent point --- there's all this hoopla and demonstrating right after an incident, then everybody drops it and moves on.
    He's calling for prosecuting the police responsible, and voting for change, but STOP the violence.

Amen!
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

5. Amen mossrose, lee_merrill, Christianbookworm amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    "Peace on the left - Justice on the Right". That's the new chant for today.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So, ya got white dudes appealing for us to "understand" the frustration of the black community, virtually excusing the riots, but...

George Floyd's brother says violent protests are 'overshadowing' his memory because he 'was about peace' and the unrest is a 'destructive unity'

Let's listen to the black dude!

(and I would not be the least bit surprised if some nutter accuses me of being racist with this statement)

Department Head
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    he needs to distance himself from those who are yelling no justice no peace, calling for the arrest of All policemen and using the Malcom X gesture behind him.

9. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by RumTumTugger View Post
    he needs to distance himself from those who are yelling no justice no peace and using the Malcom X gesture behind him.
    Yeah, I think George's brother was not comfortable with all that - the one dude was walking around trying to stoke up emotions, which was NOT consistent with what Terrence was appealing.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I really liked his speech, and that of the preacher.

Here is a link to a video of it.

https://www.facebook.com/NBCNews/vid...5847030533569/

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I really liked his speech, and that of the preacher.

Here is a link to a video of it.

https://www.facebook.com/NBCNews/vid...5847030533569/

Thanks for the video - yeah.... The other dude calling for the "fists up" wasn't quite getting the message, but I think Terrence reeled it in nicely.

THIS is the kind of call for peace AND justice we need.

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    "Peace on the left - Justice on the Right". That's the new chant for today.
    I'm usually stereotyped as being on the left side of the fence. Truth-be-told, I lean slightly left on a number of issues, but I consider myself more of a centrist, seeing values worth holding/exploring from both sides.

I mentioned the above because I take issue with your quote above. Yes, I'm slightly liberal, so I guess my objection could be viewed as defensiveness or whatever - but my objection isn't about a need for peace on the Left. Instead, there are two issues being conflated here (by most people, not just you): the need for justice, and the need for the cessation of rioting. I do not think the rioting is being caused by the need for racial justice.

Instead, I point to reports of the rioters coming (mostly?) from places outside of the affected communities. The protests appear to be being used to hide anarchist influences: people who want to sew violence and dissension more than they care about a black man being (apparently) murdered by the police. I also point to video tape of officers standing with the protesters in some places. The "msm" today is showing video of some officer hugging a protester, and still captures of other officers standing with the protesters.

I think peace is needed from the people who are rioting, who aren't necessarily affiliated with the protesters. As for whether justice is needed from the right, sure, a little - but I also want the left to stop calling for all four officers to be strung up. They all got fired, and one has been jailed - the wheels of justice need the time to figure out what to do with the other three.

---

I guess my post is a complaint at the conflation of the rioting and the protesting. There may be some overlap, but as far as I can tell, the cause of the former isn't necessarily related to the latter...