Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Anyone Find Evidence Of This?

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...bbd_story.html

According to the CDC, it was tear gas.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: “Riot control agents (sometimes referred to as “tear gas”) are chemical compounds that temporarily make people unable to function by causing irritation to the eyes, mouth, throat, lungs, and skin.”

And, according to the CDC, “several different compounds” fall under this definition, and are employed by security forces, including military and police, in riot control situations.

Among others, they include chloroacetophenone (CN), more commonly referred to as “mace,” or pepper sprays — in other words, the compound that was deployed in Lafayette Square — and chlorobenzylidenemalononitrile (CS), “one of the most commonly used tear gases in the world,” according to an article in the British Medical Journal.

The CDC does indeed classify it as tear gas. I have not seen specific reporting as to the fact that chloroacetophenone was what was deployed.
    Last edited by DivineOb; 06-03-2020 at 02:31 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineBoob View Post
    I did not skip over his post. I'm asking for that to be substantiated.
    That's an official statement from the United States Park Police. It's not your usual "sources say" nonsense, so that's probably what confused you.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    As far as I know the only "speculation" is that the protestors were indeed peaceful. There is video evidence of most of the remainder (and testimonial evidence from clergy who were at the church).

In any case, I'm not in a rush to nail all this down. What I fear is that people get too caught up on whether what was described as "tear gas" was actually tear gas or something different and lose sight of what actually happened. I know you are firm believer that people can walk and chew gum at the same time but I have less trust in that than you :).
    My concern is that there could well be multiple events with various... it could well be that peaceful protesters were being removed, and at OTHER places that not so peaceful protesters were being dealt with, and that tear gas may have been used one place while smoke was used elsewhere --- it's really hard to look at, for example, the picture I posted where I can say with reasonable certainty that it was smoke, NOT tear gas - that doesn't mean that tear gas wasn't used elsewhere.

"Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    My concern is that there could well be multiple events with various... it could well be that peaceful protesters were being removed, and at OTHER places that not so peaceful protesters were being dealt with, and that tear gas may have been used one place while smoke was used elsewhere --- it's really hard to look at, for example, the picture I posted where I can say with reasonable certainty that it was smoke, NOT tear gas - that doesn't mean that tear gas wasn't used elsewhere.

It is clear the protesters on Lafayette square were removed forcefully with tear gas, rubber bullets, and flash bangs to make way for Donald Trump's photo op.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Unlike most routine condemnations of Trump, this seems relevant:

James Mattis believes that the use of force was unconstitutional here. https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...zation/612640/
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Unlike most routine condemnations of Trump, this seems relevant:

James Mattis believes that the use of force was unconstitutional here. https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...zation/612640/
    I personally don't view The Atlantic badly, but it frequently gets accused of being liberally-biased.

Here's an article about the same story from the National Review:

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...re-leadership/

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It is being claimed that tear gas was actually used.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I did not skip over his post. I'm asking for that to be substantiated. I have zero doubt that if the protestors were being violent as described that video exists and will surface. At this point the video and testimonial evidence I've seen say the opposite, so the balance of the evidence supports the protestors being peaceful.
    Translation:

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Translation:

That's right. Asking for evidence and explaining why I hold my current position is *exactly* that, "Sparko"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That's right. Asking for evidence and explaining why I hold my current position is *exactly* that, "Sparko"
    You've been doing that for two pages now. Ignoring what the officials say and posting crap from twitter and trying to rationalize it with something from the CDC. Pepper balls are not "tear gas"