Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Anyone Find Evidence Of This?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    [pedant]
    There are a lot of beachfront properties in Arizona, including those that line the beaches on the shores of Lake Havasu. This cabin, for example. There is, however no seafront property.
    [/pedant]

Attachment 45208

Ok, let's change 'beachfront' to 'seaside', or better, assuming its possible somewhere in Arizona there is a lake with 'sea' in its name, perhaps oceanside will avoid [pedant]?
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Unfortunately, it seems the narrative has already been established in the liberal echo chamber, and I'm not confident the facts are going to make any difference now.
    It was a serious abuse of power, and completely disrespectful to the church itself - they clearly are deeply offended - and even a blasphemous action in that it invokes Christ in the name of the same sorts of authoritarian abuse that Christ's entire ministry spoke against.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    It was a serious abuse of power, and completely disrespectful to the church itself - they clearly are deeply offended - and even a blasphemous action in that it invokes Christ in the name of the same sorts of authoritarian abuse that Christ's entire ministry spoke against.
    It wasn't an abuse of power if it isn't true. If the protesters were cleared out by metro police for other reasons, and Trump walked across later after curfew, then HuffPost is LYING and deceiving people.

4. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    It wasn't an abuse of power if it isn't true. If the protesters were cleared out by metro police for other reasons, and Trump walked across later after curfew, then HuffPost is LYING and deceiving people.
    They were not lying, but the white house is if they are trying to pretend there was no correlation:

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/01/86753...urch-officials

Source: above

The plaza between St. John's Church and Lafayette Park was full of people nonviolently protesting police brutality late Monday afternoon when U.S. Park Police and National Guard troops, with the use of tear gas, suddenly started pushing them away for no apparent reason.

And then it became clear.

President Trump wanted to walk from the White House through the park to the Episcopal church. Camera crews scrambled to keep up with him as he strode through the park,
    followed by his daughter Ivanka and her husband, Jared Kushner, along with Attorney General William Barr and other administration officials.

© Copyright Original Source

and even more to the point:

A former St. John's minister, Gini Gerbasi, was among those attending to the protesters in front of the church when the police moved in.

"We were literally DRIVEN OFF of the St. John's, Lafayette Square patio with tear gas and concussion grenades and police in full riot gear," she wrote in a Facebook post. "PEOPLE WERE HURT SO THAT [President Trump] COULD HAVE A PHOTO OPPORTUNITY IN FRONT OF THE CHURCH!!! HE WOULD HAVE HAD TO STEP OVER THE MEDICAL SUPPLIES WE LEFT BEHIND BECAUSE WE WERE BEING TEAR GASSED!!!!"

Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-02-2020 at 09:59 AM.

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    A curfew just happens to happen the day Trump wants a photo-op and doesn't want any of those pesky protesters in the way? It's just a happy coincidence?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    A curfew just happens to happen the day Trump wants a photo-op and doesn't want any of those pesky protesters in the way? It's just a happy coincidence?
    No, I believe they had a curfew the nights before, but at 11:00 - it was too late so they moved it up to 7pm.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    They were not lying, but the white house is if they are trying to pretend there was no correlation:

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/01/86753...urch-officials

The plaza between St. John's Church and Lafayette Park was full of people nonviolently protesting police brutality late Monday afternoon when U.S. Park Police and National Guard troops, with the use of tear gas, suddenly started pushing them away for no apparent reason.

And then it became clear.

President Trump wanted to walk from the White House through the park to the Episcopal church. Camera crews scrambled to keep up with him as he strode through the park,
    followed by his daughter Ivanka and her husband, Jared Kushner, along with Attorney General William Barr and other administration officials.

and even more to the point:

A former St. John's minister, Gini Gerbasi, was among those attending to the protesters in front of the church when the police moved in.

"We were literally DRIVEN OFF of the St. John's, Lafayette Square patio with tear gas and concussion grenades and police in full riot gear," she wrote in a Facebook post. "PEOPLE WERE HURT SO THAT [President Trump] COULD HAVE A PHOTO OPPORTUNITY IN FRONT OF THE CHURCH!!! HE WOULD HAVE HAD TO STEP OVER THE MEDICAL SUPPLIES WE LEFT BEHIND BECAUSE WE WERE BEING TEAR GASSED!!!!"

But curfew was approaching, and the local PD was clearing people out of the park. Is there any evidence that this was prompted by the President or anybody in the White House? I know that's the assumption of frothing-at-the-mouth liberals, but let's stick with the facts, okay?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I would not be at all surprised if this was planned.

The MSM had been characterizing Trump as scared and cowardly, hunkered down in the White House.

He had just finished talking about the need for mayors and governors to take back the streets.

Lafayette Park was one of the main sites for rioting and St. John's had been vandalized.

This looks like Trump giving a demonstration of what he was telling others needed to be done.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    I would not be at all surprised if this was planned.

The MSM had been characterizing Trump as scared and cowardly, hunkered down in the White House.

He had just finished talking about the need for mayors and governors to take back the streets.

Lafayette Park was one of the main sites for rioting and St. John's had been vandalized.

This looks like Trump giving a demonstration of what he was telling others needed to be done.
    No rogue. This is Trump. You are exhibiting irrational paranoia wrt the news media when need to just accept this is who the person running our country is - as I have been saying for a very long time now.