Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Can Anyone Find Evidence Of This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    I don't hate Trump but this isn't good optics. It really backfired.

I've never voted for Trump but was considering voting for him in 2020. This won't affect that. What I am waiting to see is if he puts the US military in US cities for policing. That's the deal breaker.
    The deal breaker which way. You want him to, or you want him not to?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      The deal breaker which way. You want him to, or you want him not to?
      Not to.

The deal breaker is if he does employ troops, then he would definitely not get a vote from me. That would cause my libertarian DNA alarms to go berserk.

Comment

Not to.

The deal breaker is if he does employ troops, then he would definitely not get a vote from me. That would cause my libertarian DNA alarms to go berserk.
        Ah, OK. I'm STILL hoping it was a typical "dumb comment", and he actually intended the National Guard.

Time for an interesting lesson in using the military against one's own citizens?

1993, there was a battle raging over control of the Russian White House, and Boris Yeltsin had a fight on his hands with the Russian parliament. The military was doing their best to try to remain neutral, but there came a point at which a former military commander convinced some of his active duty commanders to act.

Long story short, a column of army tanks was headed to the White House, and had to cross the Novy Arbat bridge on the way, where a small crowed of demonstrators was blocking the way. The tank commander was in the second tank, so as the first tank stopped on the bridge, the commander popped the hatch and yelled "what's wrong". The commander of the lead tank yelled, "there's a woman on the bridge and she won't move". The commanding officer yelled, "Well RUN HER OVER", to which the lead tank's driver yelled - "I CAN'T!!!! She's my MOTHER!!!!"
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          "...unnamed source..."

You idiots fall for this every... single... time...

It really doesn't matter who came up with the idea. Trump had to agree to do it no matter what (unlike Esper, who claims he thought they were going to look at a defaced bathroom!). We know Kremlin Barbie *knew* where they were going since she's the one who brought the bible.

Comment

Ah, OK. I'm STILL hoping it was a typical "dumb comment", and he actually intended the National Guard.

Time for an interesting lesson in using the military against one's own citizens?

1993, there was a battle raging over control of the Russian White House, and Boris Yeltsin had a fight on his hands with the Russian parliament. The military was doing their best to try to remain neutral, but there came a point at which a former military commander convinced some of his active duty commanders to act.

Long story short, a column of army tanks was headed to the White House, and had to cross the Novy Arbat bridge on the way, where a small crowed of demonstrators was blocking the way. The tank commander was in the second tank, so as the first tank stopped on the bridge, the commander popped the hatch and yelled "what's wrong". The commander of the lead tank yelled, "there's a woman on the bridge and she won't move". The commanding officer yelled, "Well RUN HER OVER", to which the lead tank's driver yelled - "I CAN'T!!!! She's my MOTHER!!!!"
            I think it's pretty clear Trump meant US military. Obviously national guard was already deployed before he said that, and now Esper has publicly criticized using the Insurrection Act, which further confirms that's what Trump meant.

Comment

Not just a 'dumb comment'. The Defense Secretary himself broke with Trump over it.

https://www.abccolumbia.com/2020/06/...urrection-act/

Source: above

The secretary also said that he does not support the deployment of active duty military troops on city streets, as President Donald Trump has threatened to order, saying the National Guard is best suited for providing support to local law enforcement.

He called the use of active duty forces “a matter of last resort” and said he does not support invoking the Insurrection Act of 1807, which allows the president to deploy active duty troops within the United States under limited circumstances.

“We are not in one of those situations now,” Esper said.

© Copyright Original Source

If you don't want to read ABC, it's all over the news. Pick your outlet.

here's one from fox:

https://www.fox13news.com/news/defen...y-for-protests
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                Not just a 'dumb comment'. The Defense Secretary himself broke with Trump over it.

https://www.abccolumbia.com/2020/06/...urrection-act/

Source: above

The secretary also said that he does not support the deployment of active duty military troops on city streets, as President Donald Trump has threatened to order, saying the National Guard is best suited for providing support to local law enforcement.

He called the use of active duty forces “a matter of last resort” and said he does not support invoking the Insurrection Act of 1807, which allows the president to deploy active duty troops within the United States under limited circumstances.

“We are not in one of those situations now,” Esper said.

© Copyright Original Source

If you don't want to read ABC, it's all over the news. Pick your outlet.

here's one from fox:

https://www.fox13news.com/news/defen...y-for-protests
                Interesting thing is, this is what you leftist wanted Trump to do, at least carp certainly did. You wanted martial law to be declared to save us from the scary pandemic. You were willing to allow Trump to do this for that cause. Now all of a sudden it's an issue.

Comment

• No tear gas. It was the Park Police, not Trump or the Secret Service, and they were not being peaceful..

“At approximately 6:33 pm, violent protestors on H Street NW began throwing projectiles including bricks, frozen water bottles and caustic liquids,” the USPP said in a statement. “The protestors also climbed onto a historic building at the north end of Lafayette Park that was destroyed by arson days prior. Intelligence had revealed calls for violence against the police, and officers found caches of glass bottles, baseball bats and metal poles hidden along the street.”

Still, the Park Police acknowledged using smoke canisters and pepper balls on the protesters.

“As many of the protestors became more combative, continued to throw projectiles, and attempted to grab officers’ weapons, officers then employed the use of smoke canisters and pepper balls when protestors did scatter from the area," the statement said.
                  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/par...r-gas-was-used

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    No tear gas. It was the Park Police, not Trump or the Secret Service, and they were not being peaceful..

“At approximately 6:33 pm, violent protestors on H Street NW began throwing projectiles including bricks, frozen water bottles and caustic liquids,” the USPP said in a statement. “The protestors also climbed onto a historic building at the north end of Lafayette Park that was destroyed by arson days prior. Intelligence had revealed calls for violence against the police, and officers found caches of glass bottles, baseball bats and metal poles hidden along the street.”

Still, the Park Police acknowledged using smoke canisters and pepper balls on the protesters.

“As many of the protestors became more combative, continued to throw projectiles, and attempted to grab officers’ weapons, officers then employed the use of smoke canisters and pepper balls when protestors did scatter from the area," the statement said.
                    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/par...r-gas-was-used
                    According to Muriel Bowser, Lafayette Park is under White House police jurisdiction. She said it was not metro police that cleared the park, but were federal police. If true, then federal police are still riding horses, because I saw horses. I also saw tear gas.

ETA: Australian eyewitness report
                    https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sto...cops/?cs=14231
                    Last edited by Ronson; 06-03-2020, 02:58 PM.

Comment

According to Muriel Bowser, Lafayette Park is under White House police jurisdiction. She said it was not metro police that cleared the park, but were federal police. If true, then federal police are still riding horses, because I saw horses. I also saw tear gas.

ETA: Australian eyewitness report
                      https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sto...cops/?cs=14231
                      the article I linked to said it was the US Park Police. And what you saw were smoke canisters. Did you even read what I posted?

Comment

the article I linked to said it was the US Park Police. And what you saw were smoke canisters. Did you even read what I posted?
                        I'm thinking that more than one agency was present in the park, because there was definitely tear gas used.

No, I hadn't. I was going by the video I watched and the Australian report.

Comment

It's kinda crazy, because there's the Secret Service, the Capital Police, the Park Police, and several other agencies in DC who have overlapping responsibilities and jurisdictions. And, I've found a number of times where one is identified as the other, making it confusing.

Comment

I'm thinking that more than one agency was present in the park, because there was definitely tear gas used.

No, I hadn't. I was going by the video I watched and the Australian report.
                            OK, I think there's a distinction that SMOKE was used, but not tear-gas. To the untrained observer (or the ignorant leftist media) it could be seen as "tear gas".

Caption - Authorities have admitted to deploying smoke canisters and PepperBalls. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

The cops are standing there in it, NOT wearing gas masks.
                            Last edited by Cow Poke; 06-03-2020, 03:13 PM.

Comment

OK, I think there's a distinction that SMOKE was used, but not tear-gas. To the untrained observer (or the ignorant leftist media) it could be seen as "tear gas".

Caption - Authorities have admitted to deploying smoke canisters and PepperBalls. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)
                              What is the purpose of smoke canisters to disperse a crowd? It makes it more difficult for authorities to see them.

And I saw people gagging in a haze on the videos. I would have to believe that "smoke" caused it? Perhaps the Park Police used smoke (for what purpose, I don't know) but someone used tear gas.

Comment

What is the purpose of smoke canisters to disperse a crowd? It makes it more difficult for authorities to see them.
                                It makes it more difficult for the protestors to see each other, and to see the police - it creates confusion while the police reposition, or change strategy.

And I saw people gagging in a haze on the videos. I would have to believe that "smoke" caused it? Perhaps the Park Police used smoke (for what purpose, I don't know) but someone used tear gas.
                                Could well be a psychological effect -- see smoke, assume tear gas, try to hold your breath.... I really don't know - just telling you what they're saying, and noting the officers don't seem to be wearing gas masks. BEFORE they deployed tear gas, they'd "mask up".

Comment