Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Can Anyone Find Evidence Of This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    Watch the news report (from the same source as the pics I posted) and respond to that. Those guys are putting their professional lives on the line with this claim.
    Their professional lives? LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
      Some interesting thoughts on Trump posing with the Bible...
      I'm going to start reporting you to the moderators for false advertising.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Their professional lives? LOL.
        Yes. Faking a news report about finding a tear gas canister and accusing the government of covering it up is the kind of lie which will end your journalistic career. Just ask Brian Williams. Just ask Tom Brokaw. And neither of those are anywhere near as incendiary of examples as this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
          So you have nothing to say about the fact that the news crew recovered tear gas shells (whatever the term is) in the immediate aftermath of the of the "gas" attack? Don't pretend you have responded to the actual substance of the new report because you responded to incidental details.
          Who's to say where the "shells" came from? Official statements from all relevant agencies say no tear gas was used.

Comment

Yes. Faking a news report about finding a tear gas canister....
            To be fair, it wouldn't be the first time a major news agency faked a story to advance their agenda.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              To be fair, it wouldn't be the first time a major news agency faked a story to advance their agenda.
              For the instances I am aware of the perpetrators suffered professionally, contra Sparko's claim.

Look at the recent example with Politico and Trump owing money to China -- they got caught for doing sloppy work right away and had to issue a pretty humiliating correction and apology. And, going forward, I will view any similar scoops from them with a bit more skepticism.

Comment

Yes. Faking a news report about finding a tear gas canister and accusing the government of covering it up is the kind of lie which will end your journalistic career. Just ask Brian Williams. Just ask Tom Brokaw. And neither of those are anywhere near as incendiary of examples as this one.
                The canister might very well be real, and the reporter may have actually found it at the scene, but how do we know it wasn't placed there the "peaceful" protesters in order to create a false narrative? Did the reporter himself verify the presence of tear gas? Have there been any credible eye witness reports?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Who's to say where the "shells" came from? Official statements from all relevant agencies say no tear gas was used.
                  You can see them recovering the shells at the scene on that day with the cops still in the background. And they explain that they were the first back at the scene. Like I said, if they are lying I have little doubt that their deception will be uncovered and that they will suffer tremendously as a result (and rightfully so).
                  Last edited by DivineOb; 06-05-2020, 11:13 AM.

Comment

The canister might very well be real, and the reporter may have actually found it at the scene, but how do we know it wasn't placed there the "peaceful" protesters in order to create a false narrative? Did the reporter himself verify the presence of tear gas? Have there been any credible eye witness reports?
                    Had you watched the video you would already have the answers to most of these questions.

As to why one might doubt that the protestors planted the tear gas -- no one expected the protestors to be expelled in this manner so why would one anticipate having to create a narrative like this? Further, I would imagine it is very difficult to get your hands on tear gas as a civilian. If you wanted to frame the cops there are easier ways to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      And we've aeen plenty of examples of news organizations spreading false stories about Trump without any consequences. The reason Brian Williams got into so much trouble is because it was only to benefit himself and not the "greater cause" of liberalism.

Comment

Had you watched the video you would already have the answers to most of these questions.

As to why one might doubt that the protestors planted the tear gas -- no one expected the protestors to be expelled in this manner so why would one anticipate having to create a narrative like this? Further, I would imagine it is very difficult to get your hands on tear gas as a civilian. If you wanted to frame the cops there are easier ways to do it.
                        All this is to say that the use of tear gas has not been officially or conclusively confirmed.

Comment

For the instances I am aware of the perpetrators suffered professionally, contra Sparko's claim.

Look at the recent example with Politico and Trump owing money to China -- they got caught for doing sloppy work right away and had to issue a pretty humiliating correction and apology. And, going forward, I will view any similar scoops from them with a bit more skepticism.
                          So, um.... there's a lot of sloppy work out there. There doesn't seem to be much "investigative reporting" anymore. If it bleeds, it leads, and we GOTTA BE FIRST!
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And we've aeen plenty of examples of news organizations spreading false stories about Trump without any consequences. The reason Brian Williams got into so much trouble is because it was only to benefit himself and not the "greater cause" of liberalism.
                            Should we go through this thread and count of the many, many, many errors and falsehoods spread by RWNJ sources about COVID45? Claims you bought hook, line, and sinker and parroted gleefully? Claims which have resulted in actual deaths?

For the rest of time every time someone wants to whinge about left wing news sources I'm going to bring this up because it's just so egregious that it will never be lived down. And Sean Hannity et al. still have their jobs!

Comment

Should we go through this thread and count of the many, many, many errors and falsehoods spread by RWNJ sources about COVID45? Claims you bought hook, line, and sinker and parroted gleefully? Claims which have resulted in actual deaths?

For the rest of time every time someone wants to whinge about left wing news sources I'm going to bring this up because it's just so egregious that it will never be lived down. And Sean Hannity et al. still have their jobs!
                              For every accidental error in the MSM, there are at least an order of magnitude more purposed deceptions or inaccuracies in the sources MM hails with.
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

The pattern seems to be, deny until denial won't fly, then claim it was plot by some liberals to invent the evidence making denial impossible, and when that fails, move on, stop talking about it, find something else to talk about.
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment