Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Anyone Find Evidence Of This?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    But curfew was approaching, and the local PD was clearing people out of the park. Is there any evidence that this was prompted by the President or anybody in the White House? I know that's the assumption of frothing-at-the-mouth liberals, but let's stick with the facts, okay?
    It really doesn't matter to me if it was opportunistic or directly ordered. Trump has been waxing eloquent about being strong and not pandering to the protesters, and it doesn't take a genius to know what the message would be wrt to co-location of the two events. So whether Trump ordered it or just took advantage of it, he clearly wanted to send a message of 'strength' and intolerance wrt the protesters to his base. So he deserves all the credit - exactly as he clearly desired.

but ...

GOP leaders admit it was purposed:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/polit...rch/index.html
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-02-2020 at 11:45 AM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If the people refused to move to the point that tear gas was needed, can you really call it "peaceful" at that point?

But wherever the President goes, they clear the area. I remember when Trump came to my town last year. They cleared the streets for several blocks and shut down the interstate from the airport to downtown. It disrupted the entire city for 4 hours.

PS, I don't agree with the whole move by Trump to go over to the church for a photo op. I think that was incredibly self-centered and narcissistic and is not the act of a Christian. Posing with a bible as if to say "Look how holy I am!" is just wrong.

3. Amen rogue06, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    No rogue. This is Trump. You are exhibiting irrational paranoia wrt the news media when need to just accept this is who the person running our country is - as I have been saying for a very long time now.
    Still waiting for confirmation that this was prompted by the White House.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    If the people refused to move to the point that tear gas was needed, can you really call it "peaceful" at that point?

But wherever the President goes, they clear the area. I remember when Trump came to my town last year. They cleared the streets for several blocks and shut down the interstate from the airport to downtown. It disrupted the entire city for 4 hours.

PS, I don't agree with the whole move by Trump to go over to the church for a photo op. I think that was incredibly self-centered and narcissistic and is not the act of a Christian. Posing with a bible as if to say "Look how holy I am!" is just wrong.
    I agree with most of what you are saying. Here is the deal - the act of clearing them out is an act of complete and total disrespect for who they are, what they are protesting, for why they are there. It's totally the wrong move. This nation needs him to be dealing with the issue in a constructive and productive way. Tear gassing the protesters for a photo op? That is not telling the protesters Trump hears what they are saying or understands why they are there. It sends the opposite message, that they are worthless chaff that are in his way.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Still waiting for confirmation that this was prompted by the White House.
    already given, but I'll repeat it here for your convenience:

GOP leaders are defending the act as necessary, not denying the two events were correlated.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    According to here this was arranged absolutely last minute without adequate time for the SS to prepare.
    CNN. Any legitimate sources?

8. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I agree with most of what you are saying. Here is the deal - the act of clearing them out is an act of complete and total disrespect for who they are, what they are protesting, for why they are there. It's totally the wrong move. This nation needs him to be dealing with the issue in a constructive and productive way. Tear gassing the protesters for a photo op? That is not telling the protesters Trump hears what they are saying or understands why they are there. It sends the opposite message, that they are worthless chaff that are in his way.
    Did they really use tear gas? Because I watched the video of the president walking over to the church and all I saw was the police and secret service blocking anyone from getting to Trump. The police seemed to be chasing people off, but I didn't see any tear gas.

I also think someone (in this thread) mentioned that it was past the curfew and since the protestors have already destroyed public monuments over the last few days, I think a curfew is a good idea.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Here is an account from one of the clergy attached to the church.

(from the subsequent tweet to the one I linked)

Just spoke with Rev. Gerbasi.

She told me that law enforcement with shields forced priests, others *off the church patio,* meaning they stepped on church property to expel people from it.

Hard to comprehend this as anything more than a hasty action to take the focus off of Biden's church visit earlier today. What a disaster.
    But this doesn't prove a connection to the White House.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Did they really use tear gas? Because I watched the video of the president walking over to the church and all I saw was the police and secret service blocking anyone from getting to Trump. The police seemed to be chasing people off, but I didn't see any tear gas.

I also think someone (in this thread) mentioned that it was past the curfew and since the protestors have already destroyed public monuments over the last few days, I think a curfew is a good idea.
    No. The protesters were cleared out 45 minutes beflre the curfew.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    already given, but I'll repeat it here for your convenience:

GOP leaders are defending the act as necessary, not denying the two events were correlated.
    That says Republicans support the President's decision to visit the church. It doesn't say the White House ordered the protestors to be cleared from the park in keeping with the citywide curfew. According to CNN, Marco Rubio says that the protesters deliberately disobeyed police in order to provoke a response because they wanted to create the narrative of "Police use force to remove 'peaceful' protestors".
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra