Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Anyone Find Evidence Of This?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    Confirmation

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dc-mayor-...033305746.html

The DC mayor explains who was in charge of what. She should know.
    Are you KIDDING!?!?!?! The DC Mayor is on CRACK!!!!!

oh, wait... that was what's his name.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Confirmation

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dc-mayor-...033305746.html

The DC mayor explains who was in charge of what. She should know.
    The "peaceful" protestors ignored repeated warnings from the police.

And we still don't know exactly why the decision was made to expand the security perimeter around the White House.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Can anyone explain the symbolism to me? Holding up a bible in front of a church signifies what exactly, and how does that even relate to the current crisis, or does it matter?
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No identified source. The "police" involved were riding horseback; so they weren't the Secret Service. Does Barr have authority to "order" around the local police department?

Too many problems - not least in that this is CNN (ugh) and they are sourcing The Washington Post and neither has identified a source.
    It's what happened. CNN is a legitimate journalistic source. If you want to be shown to be wrong, keep playing the game I guess. Barr is just one of the Presidents minions. This is what Trump wanted regardless - he wanted to do his photo op. Gassing, flash-bangs, rubber bullest, it didn't matter what it took. Basically "Let them eat cake."
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    It's what happened. CNN is a legitimate journalistic source. If you want to be shown to be wrong, keep playing the game I guess. Barr is just one of the Presidents minions. This is what Trump wanted regardless - he wanted to do his photo op. Gassing, flash-bangs, rubber bullest, it didn't matter what it took. Basically "Let them eat cake."
    So the White House has confirmed that this was specifically ordered by Trump?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Can anyone explain the symbolism to me? Holding up a bible in front of a church signifies what exactly, and how does that even relate to the current crisis, or does it matter?
    Not sure myself. I'm guessing he's trying to impress evangelicals with how tough he is and how 'on God's side' he is so as to shore up their vote for him in the fall.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    It was ordered by Barr to facilitate Trump's photo op. It is idiotic to pretend the order had to come from Trump for Trump to be implicated. But let me guess, you have no clue why I chose the reference "Let them eat cake" to describe what happened?

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    This stunt has hurt Trump significantly. If nothing happens to Barr and no mean tweets are incoming then that's a virtual confirmation. Trump isn't known to hold his tongue when embarrassed.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Are you KIDDING!?!?!?! The DC Mayor is on CRACK!!!!!

oh, wait... that was what's his name.
    Regardless of her political persuasion, she should know if she or her police chief was ordering her cops around. Or if federal police were in charge of the park.

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Master View Post
    This stunt has hurt Trump significantly. If nothing happens to Barr and no mean tweets are incoming then that's a virtual confirmation. Trump isn't known to hold his tongue when embarrassed.
    Hope Hicks is being blamed. That means this whole fiasco rests at Trump's feet. EoD.

Longtime Donald Trump aide Hope Hicks has been identified as having helped hatch the plan to have the president walk across the street from the White House to pose in front of St. John's church – staged event that police and National Guard forces facilitated by using tear gas and rubber bullets to clear away peaceful protesters.

The move was conceived as a way to allow Trump to demonstrate his self-proclaimed role as the 'law and order president' and – came after the president vowed to use the military to restore order in cities across the country.

As a PR move it may have backfired, after global and national media broadcast images of shield-bearing and mounted police using force to clear Lafayette Park, an area whose use as a forum for demonstrations and speech has long been protected.

Edited by a Moderator
    Last edited by rogue06; 06-04-2020 at 09:34 AM.