Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Anyone Find Evidence Of This?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I doubt it. The people who already hate Trump still hate him. The rest of us don't care.
    I don't hate Trump but this isn't good optics. It really backfired.

I've never voted for Trump but was considering voting for him in 2020. This won't affect that. What I am waiting to see is if he puts the US military in US cities for policing. That's the deal breaker.

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Updated reporting places the blame on both Hicks and Kremlin Barbie.

Some unnamed source within the Trump White House is now telling the New York Times that Donald Trump was “urged on by his daughter Ivanka” to do the church photo op, and that she was the one who brought a Bible to the photo op. That same source is also saying that it was Hope Hicks who “came up with the visuals” for the photo shoot.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    "...unnamed source..."

You idiots fall for this every... single... time...

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    I would not be at all surprised if this was planned.

The MSM had been characterizing Trump as scared and cowardly, hunkered down in the White House.

He had just finished talking about the need for mayors and governors to take back the streets.

Lafayette Park was one of the main sites for rioting and St. John's had been vandalized.

This looks like Trump giving a demonstration of what he was telling others needed to be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    No rogue. This is Trump. You are exhibiting irrational paranoia wrt the news media when need to just accept this is who the person running our country is - as I have been saying for a very long time now.

Was that a knee jerk rejection without bothering to have read what I wrote?

I'm saying that I think this was likely planned and then give some reasons for it, and you see that as

exhibiting irrational paranoia wrt the news media when need to just accept this is who the person running our country is

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Trump has lost Pat Robertson, but do go on.

Pat Robertson has stated in a new video that Donald Trump’s handling of the civil rights protests “isn’t cool” and he’s also sharply criticizing Trump for threatening to use the U.S. military to attack the protesters.
    Pat has lost his mind - long ago. Still, I go a little beyond "isn't cool" and don't think using the US military is a good idea. (aside from your misrepresentation of "attacking the protesters")
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    I don't hate Trump but this isn't good optics. It really backfired.

I've never voted for Trump but was considering voting for him in 2020. This won't affect that. What I am waiting to see is if he puts the US military in US cities for policing. That's the deal breaker.
    The deal breaker which way. You want him to, or you want him not to?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    The deal breaker which way. You want him to, or you want him not to?
    Not to.

The deal breaker is if he does employ troops, then he would definitely not get a vote from me. That would cause my libertarian DNA alarms to go berserk.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    Not to.

The deal breaker is if he does employ troops, then he would definitely not get a vote from me. That would cause my libertarian DNA alarms to go berserk.
    Ah, OK. I'm STILL hoping it was a typical "dumb comment", and he actually intended the National Guard.

Time for an interesting lesson in using the military against one's own citizens?

1993, there was a battle raging over control of the Russian White House, and Boris Yeltsin had a fight on his hands with the Russian parliament. The military was doing their best to try to remain neutral, but there came a point at which a former military commander convinced some of his active duty commanders to act.

Long story short, a column of army tanks was headed to the White House, and had to cross the Novy Arbat bridge on the way, where a small crowed of demonstrators was blocking the way. The tank commander was in the second tank, so as the first tank stopped on the bridge, the commander popped the hatch and yelled "what's wrong". The commander of the lead tank yelled, "there's a woman on the bridge and she won't move". The commanding officer yelled, "Well RUN HER OVER", to which the lead tank's driver yelled - "I CAN'T!!!! She's my MOTHER!!!!"

9. Amen Reepicheep amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    "...unnamed source..."

You idiots fall for this every... single... time...

It really doesn't matter who came up with the idea. Trump had to agree to do it no matter what (unlike Esper, who claims he thought they were going to look at a defaced bathroom!). We know Kremlin Barbie *knew* where they were going since she's the one who brought the bible.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Ah, OK. I'm STILL hoping it was a typical "dumb comment", and he actually intended the National Guard.

Time for an interesting lesson in using the military against one's own citizens?

1993, there was a battle raging over control of the Russian White House, and Boris Yeltsin had a fight on his hands with the Russian parliament. The military was doing their best to try to remain neutral, but there came a point at which a former military commander convinced some of his active duty commanders to act.

Long story short, a column of army tanks was headed to the White House, and had to cross the Novy Arbat bridge on the way, where a small crowed of demonstrators was blocking the way. The tank commander was in the second tank, so as the first tank stopped on the bridge, the commander popped the hatch and yelled "what's wrong". The commander of the lead tank yelled, "there's a woman on the bridge and she won't move". The commanding officer yelled, "Well RUN HER OVER", to which the lead tank's driver yelled - "I CAN'T!!!! She's my MOTHER!!!!"
    I think it's pretty clear Trump meant US military. Obviously national guard was already deployed before he said that, and now Esper has publicly criticized using the Insurrection Act, which further confirms that's what Trump meant.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).