Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Can Anyone Find Evidence Of This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Ah, so that's a way of pinning this on Trump, eh?
    It is kinda amusing, but probably more of just sad, watching how after plot after plot to remove Trump from office by hook or by crook has failed miserably the left becomes more and more unhinged and desperate. Instead of doing what a sane and rational person would do, such as begin to question the veracity of your trusted sources who keep assuring you that the "walls are closing in" on Trump and that this time it is a done deal for certain, since they keep getting it wrong again and again. Worse those %#@$# "RWNJ" sources turn out to have been largely correct in what they tried to tell you (that there just isn't any 'there' there).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      sure.

Here is one I remember where the reporter was exaggerating the wind to sell the seriousness of the hurricane, but you can see people walking casually by in the background

And there was a similar one where some reporters were sitting in a rubber raft, showing how bad the flooding was, and again, people just walked by in the background. And recently you had the reporter making a big deal about how nobody was wearing masks and endangering people, and someone walks by and says "neither is your cameraman"
      Yup.

Here is one with Anderson Cooper standing in a hole so as to make conditions look like they were much worse than they really were

CNN-florence-cooper-flood1.jpg

Needless to say the only consequences that Cooper suffered was public mockery.

And then there is this one.

00000j.gif

And this one.

Yup, that ankle deep water is really brutal

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That one was a classic --- the dudes in the background just walking around in a brisk breeze, and the idiot pretending to be in an actual hurricane --- then he tosses the shingle in the air, and it does EGGzackly what you would expect a shingle to do if you tossed it 6 feet away from you --- it drops like a rock.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Yup.

Here is one with Anderson Cooper standing in a hole so as to make conditions look like they were much worse than they really were

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45313[/ATTACH]

Needless to say the only consequences that Cooper suffered was public mockery.

And then there is this one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45314[/ATTACH]

And this one.

Yup, that ankle deep water is really brutal
          You REALLY can't make this stuff up -- it's like they are rehearsing for a SNL skit or something!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Ah, so that's a way of pinning this on Trump, eh?
            Of course.

The severity of the outbreak in this country is his fault. If you seriously dispute that then you just don't know what you're talking about. Look at Hong Kong who had everything going against them yet who have managed this tremendously better than we have. Look at South Korea who had a serious outbreak but attacked it with a full court press and quickly brought things under control.

Look through this thread for a greatest hits of how RWNJs (including the president) completely misled the country and made things so much worse.

Look at the refusal to manufacture PPE on a war footing until it was *way* too late.

Look at McConnell being forced to lie about Obama having left a plan for dealing with this exact eventuality.

Look at the ridiculous poorly delivered announcement of a travel ban with Europe which prompted a mass rush home and only made the problem way worse.

I mean I hate this game but if Clinton were president and we had more dead Americans than WW1 (which we will soon) you would insist on a very specific explanation which demonstrated that this government spared no effort to keep that number as low as possible. Where is that level of scrutiny from RWNJs?

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
              Of course.
              Really not interested in a blame Trump rant, DO.

Comment

sure.

Here is one I remember where the reporter was exaggerating the wind to sell the seriousness of the hurricane, but you can see people walking casually by in the background

And there was a similar one where some reporters were sitting in a rubber raft, showing how bad the flooding was, and again, people just walked by in the background. And recently you had the reporter making a big deal about how nobody was wearing masks and endangering people, and someone walks by and says "neither is your cameraman"

ETA: vido of the raft fake news

There needs to be a term for whatever the opposite of "damning with faint praise" is. If you are going to put these examples on the same level as lying about the use of tear gas, failing to properly vet W's "dishonorable discharge," lying about war zone reporting etc. then you've truly earned your RWNJ bona fides.

However, I do remember the Anderson Cooper one from when it was making the rounds because I respected him as a journalist. Of course it was just hype but that's all RWNJs have anyway.

Comment

Really not interested in a blame Trump rant, DO.
                  I assumed as much. It's tiring to defend the indefensible I'm sure.

Comment

I assumed as much. It's tiring to defend the indefensible I'm sure.
                    I don't try --- but in this environment, if I don't express outright raging unChristian hatred for Trump, I'm a "Trumpster". It's absolutely nuts.

Comment

There needs to be a term for whatever the opposite of "damning with faint praise" is. If you are going to put these examples on the same level as lying about the use of tear gas, failing to properly vet W's "dishonorable discharge," lying about war zone reporting etc. then you've truly earned your RWNJ bona fides.

However, I do remember the Anderson Cooper one from when it was making the rounds because I respected him as a journalist. Of course it was just hype but that's all RWNJs have anyway.
                      There are MANY more examples --- especially during the Iran/Iraq/Afghanistan coverage. Even Hillary had her fun with outright lies of being under attack, and that other supposed "newsman"..... what was his name?

Comment

There are MANY more examples --- especially during the Iran/Iraq/Afghanistan coverage. Even Hillary had her fun with outright lies of being under attack, and that other supposed "newsman"..... what was his name?
                        Then I'll wait for a substantive example where the perpetrators escaped sanction.

Or we can get back on the thread topic on the new evidence coming to light, both from journalists *and* the Park Police themselves. "Sparko" insists that a lack of gas masks *proves* that tear gas was not used. Now that we have the admission that at least *some* cops had them will he concede that he can no longer hang his hat on that argument?

Comment

I don't try --- but in this environment, if I don't express outright raging unChristian hatred for Trump, I'm a "Trumpster". It's absolutely nuts.
                          Not at all. Just you seemed to question why I was focusing the blame on Trump. So now you know.

Comment

Then I'll wait for a substantive example where the perpetrators escaped sanction.
                            Ummmm.... what good does it do even if "perpetrators" DID "escape sanction", if other perpetrators continue to sin?

I mean.... we killed a couple rats eating grain in the barn -- so, we should sit back and relax, eh? Cause, the ones we DID catch got "sanctioned".

Or we can get back on the thread topic on the new evidence coming to light, both from journalists *and* the Park Police themselves.
                            Are you NEW HERE?!?!?! Get "bacon on topic"? You're KIDDING, right?

(I'm kidding)

Comment

Not at all. Just you seemed to question why I was focusing the blame on Trump. So now you know.
                              Yes, asked and answered - don't really need to get into the "Orange Man Bad" accusations/defense.
                              I recently made it very clear (on more than one occasion) that I didn't like AT ALL Trump's photo op of the Bible at the Church.
                              But, I'm still a Trumpster, cause I don't breathe fire in nearly EVERY POST I write "that TRUMP......"

Comment

Ummmm.... what good does it do even if "perpetrators" DID "escape sanction", if other perpetrators continue to sin?
                                The original claim from "Sparko" / MM was that the reporters were not risking their careers if they were faking this news story. I asked for examples of where someone faked something substantive and escaped punishment. This rabbit trail is a waste of time in any case but they're the ones failing to shoulder their burden of proof.

I mean.... we killed a couple rats eating grain in the barn -- so, we should sit back and relax, eh? Cause, the ones we DID catch got "sanctioned".
                                It is very difficult for a significant false news story to escape notice. Just look at what happened to Tara Reade under *light* scrutiny. That there is *widespread* deception in the media which goes *unpunished* is a claim which needs evidence.

Just look at Fox and their COVID45 coverage (yes I keep coming back to this point). The highest rated shows were nothing but lies for a month on the biggest news story of the year (far eclipsing the president getting impeached!) and none of the "big draws" were punished (incidentally, of the three who *were* punished all were women and two were women of color :|). That's the example you are looking for. Find me something 5% the size *of that* in the MSM where the perpetrators were not punished. If "you" can't do that then claims that there are rats in the barn is just more RWNJ hype from the guy trying to sell you rat traps (how far can we take this analogy?).

Comment