Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Anyone Find Evidence Of This?

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    And, to be clear, my analysis came from the picture that was offered as proof that tear gas was used. In THAT picture, the officers were not masked up, and smoke - or something - was clearly in the air.
    Of course. I wasn't impugning your observation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Of course. I wasn't impugning your observation.
    Nor did I take it that way.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Nor did I take it that way.
    Sure, but if I don't point things like that out I'll never catch up to your post count :).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    By the Park Police's admission some officers were wearing gas masks.
    "Some officers" doesn't sound like policy when using tear gas. "Some officers" may have opted for masks because of what rioters may throw at them, or even covid. It couldn't have been many because I didn't see any.

I don't believe the sergeant (or whomever) said "OK men, we're going to go out there and fire tear gas. You can wear masks if you want to, but you don't have to."

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineBoob View Post
    In this very thread you claimed that protestors had stashed weapons for later use....
    I did?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    "Some officers" doesn't sound like policy when using tear gas. "Some officers" may have opted for masks because of what rioters may throw at them, or even covid. It couldn't have been many because I didn't see any.

I don't believe the sergeant (or whomever) said "OK men, we're going to go out there and fire tear gas. You can wear masks if you want to, but you don't have to."
    The lack of masks is odd if they were using tear gas. That said, there is evidence they did, canisters found at the scene, indicating someone used them.

Regardless of the exact technical designation, a gas that is an eye irritant was used, as well as flash bang grenades, as was physical force. As I said a while ago, I'm not sure it actually matters in terms of what theycdidxandxwhy they did it. Nor does it matter in terms of thevijternational response to it, and to our continuing slide towards an authoritarian government.

What Trump has taught us is that the safeguards we have against an authoritarian president simply are not enough. We will have to work on that after as soon as possible.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    What Trump has taught us is that the safeguards we have against an authoritarian president simply are not enough.
    I've been saying for a few years now that - within the next half century - I expect something that will loosely be referred to as The Trump Amendment to the Constitution. It'll further define the powers and limitations of the presidency.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    The lack of masks is odd if they were using tear gas. That said, there is evidence they did, canisters found at the scene, indicating someone used them.
    Someone probably did - someone not authorized to use it. Or someone planting an expired canister to make political hay. I'd say either of those options are more likely considering police were not wearing protection against gas.

Regardless of the exact technical designation, a gas that is an eye irritant was used, as well as flash bang grenades, as was physical force. As I said a while ago, I'm not sure it actually matters in terms of what theycdidxandxwhy they did it. Nor does it matter in terms of thevijternational response to it, and to our continuing slide towards an authoritarian government.

What Trump has taught us is that the safeguards we have against an authoritarian president simply are not enough. We will have to work on that after as soon as possible.
    I don't really have an argument with you on those points. It's not just Trump but the federal government as a whole, and its many, many layers of unanswerable bureaucrats and federal policing agencies that scare me.

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I did?
    In this post you affirmed the accuracy of Sparko's post which claimed caches of weapons had been recovered. Also here you reaffirm your belief that that reporting was accurate.

That's an official statement from the United States Park Police. It's not your usual "sources say" nonsense, so that's probably what confused you.

So were you lying then or are you lying now?

10. Amen Charles amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divineob View Post
    In this post you affirmed the accuracy of Sparko's post which claimed caches of weapons had been recovered. Also here you reaffirm your belief that that reporting was accurate.

That's an official statement from the United States Park Police. It's not your usual "sources say" nonsense, so that's probably what confused you.

So were you lying then or are you lying now?
    You said, "In this very thread you claimed that protestors had stashed weapons for later use..."

I claimed nothing of the sort, meaning your statement was false.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra