Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Can Anyone Find Evidence Of This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    Does she even know? I mean, does she know anything other than what she has read in the media? It's not like Obama told Schumer or Pelosi every time he took a walk and what he ordered the SS to do.

I think Trump is ultimately going to have to clear this up himself.
    Trump can't clear it up. He only tells the truth when it benefits him and nothing he says can be trusted without external validation. Whatever he says about this will be that which he thinks forwards whatever he wants from the event. And whatever he says simply can't be trusted until verified. That is who he is.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

That's presumptive.
      Sure. But you do agree she's in the fight of her political life and she needs every single Republican vote and then some to win, right? How does rushing out a statement critical of Trump without all the facts help her re-election chances?

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        They were not lying, but the white house is if they are trying to pretend there was no correlation:

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/01/86753...urch-officials

Source: above

The plaza between St. John's Church and Lafayette Park was full of people nonviolently protesting police brutality late Monday afternoon when U.S. Park Police and National Guard troops, with the use of tear gas, suddenly started pushing them away for no apparent reason.

And then it became clear.

President Trump wanted to walk from the White House through the park to the Episcopal church. Camera crews scrambled to keep up with him as he strode through the park,
        followed by his daughter Ivanka and her husband, Jared Kushner, along with Attorney General William Barr and other administration officials.

© Copyright Original Source

"And then it became clear"? So someone drew a conclusion that was "clear" to them as a substitute for actual facts? It is a "false dilemma" fallacy to say this conclusion must follow.

Trump will undoubtedly clear this up at some point. If he remains silent on it then this conclusion is probably correct. Let's see if he denies it.

and even more to the point:

Source: above

A former St. John's minister, Gini Gerbasi, was among those attending to the protesters in front of the church when the police moved in.

"We were literally DRIVEN OFF of the St. John's, Lafayette Square patio with tear gas and concussion grenades and police in full riot gear," she wrote in a Facebook post. "PEOPLE WERE HURT SO THAT [President Trump] COULD HAVE A PHOTO OPPORTUNITY IN FRONT OF THE CHURCH!!! HE WOULD HAVE HAD TO STEP OVER THE MEDICAL SUPPLIES WE LEFT BEHIND BECAUSE WE WERE BEING TEAR GASSED!!!!"

© Copyright Original Source

That's just more speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
          Here's a quote from Susan Collins.

“ It was painful to watch peaceful protestors be subjected to tear gas in order for the President to go across the street to a church I believe he’s attended only once.”
          Just more reactions. Still waiting for something official saying the order came from the White House.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Sure. But you do agree she's in the fight of her political life and she needs every single Republican vote and then some to win, right? How does rushing out a statement critical of Trump without all the facts help her re-election chances?
            I haven't been following her or her campaign. But if she was truly worried about getting every single Republican vote, she wouldn't have said anything at all on this issue. Regardless of accuracy. Best rule is to stay away from controversy.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              Trump can't clear it up. He only tells the truth when it benefits him and nothing he says can be trusted without external validation. Whatever he says about this will be that which he thinks forwards whatever he wants from the event. And whatever he says simply can't be trusted until verified. That is who he is.
              Too many witnesses, I'm sure. If he lies about this he will be caught. Eventually.

Comment

Trump will undoubtedly clear this up at some point. If he remains silent on it then this conclusion is probably correct. Let's see if he denies it.
                You can't conclude that something must be true just because someone doesn't deny it.

Comment

I haven't been following her or her campaign. But if she was truly worried about getting every single Republican vote, she wouldn't have said anything at all on this issue. Regardless of accuracy. Best rule is to stay away from controversy.
                  She used to be I believe the second most popular senator (or in the top handful at minimum). This article is from back in January but at that time she was the *least* popular senator in the country (worse than McConnell!). And she's being outraised as well.

Comment

Barr personally ordered this.

Attorney General William Barr personally ordered for the perimeter near the White House to be extended, pushing protesters away from Lafayette Park shortly before President Trump spoke in the area on Monday night, The Washington Post reported.

Two federal law enforcement officials told the newspaper that Barr and other officials made the decision late Sunday or early Monday to extend the perimeter around Lafayette Square, across from the White House, by one block.

In the interest of fairness the article also claims

“This plan was happening, regardless of any plans of the president,” the official said.

I don't find that believable for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that Barr is smart enough to know that it totally unnecessarily makes Trump look really bad and totally overshadows whatever feeble benefit Trump gets from this photo op.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post

Attorney General William Barr personally ordered for the perimeter near the White House to be extended, pushing protesters away from Lafayette Park shortly before President Trump spoke in the area on Monday night, The Washington Post reported.

Two federal law enforcement officials told the newspaper that Barr and other officials made the decision late Sunday or early Monday to extend the perimeter around Lafayette Square, across from the White House, by one block.

“This plan was happening, regardless of any plans of the president,” the official said.

I don't find that believable for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that Barr is smart enough to know that it totally unnecessarily makes Trump look really bad and totally overshadows whatever feeble benefit Trump gets from this photo op.
                      Okay, so nothing to do specifically with Trump, as I suspected, and the protesters were being cleared out because of the curfew regardless.

So another nothing burger. Sorry, liberals. Better luck next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        You can't conclude that something must be true just because someone doesn't deny it.
                        Trump has a tendency to comment on press accuracy all the time. Even the trivial, minor stuff. This isn't minor and may sting him with voters in an election year.

So judging by his track record, I expect him to comment on this if it is false.

Comment

So your link is to The Hill that quotes The Washington Post that quotes an unidentified "Justice Department official". The Hill later states "The Hill has reached out to the Justice Department for comment" and apparently received none.

We're getting closer, but still no cigar.

I saw "police" on horseback moving the people/protesters back. I don't believe the SS rides horses. I didn't know Barr had authority over the local police department.

Comment

Okay, so nothing to do specifically with Trump, as I suspected, and the protesters were being cleared out because of the curfew regardless.

Governor Cuomo and Justin Trudeau both claimed to have seen the "military" moving protesters back per Trump's order. There was no military. They need to get off the LSD.

Comment

Barr (president is king) ordered it:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/polit...use/index.html
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

No. Trump having ordered it would just make it worse.

Comment