Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Can Anyone Find Evidence Of This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is the news report on the tear gas canister which was recovered from the scene. You can take this one to the bank -- Trump is a war criminal.

Comment

• Originally posted by whag View Post
      Oops....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45304[/ATTACH]
      Yesterday at work someone showed me a video of a black woman throwing a brick against a vehicle screaming at them for having dropped off a pallet of bricks in a parking lot during a protest. Dozens of similar reports of similar incidents from various cities.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Yesterday at work someone showed me a video of a black woman throwing a brick against a vehicle screaming at them for having dropped off a pallet of bricks in a parking lot during a protest. Dozens of similar reports of similar incidents from various cities.
        And yet stable genius Trump posts a picture of an actual barricade calling it bricks.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
          Here is the news report on the tear gas canister which was recovered from the scene. You can take this one to the bank -- Trump is a war criminal.
          From your source:

"As of Thursday evening, US Park Police, Arlington Police, DC Metro Police and the Secret Service have all denied using any kind of tear gas in Lafayette Square Monday evening."

You can take it to the bank, right?

Also, the report insists they were "peaceful protesters" but then later admits that "agitators threw water bottles at advancing police, one agitator hurled a firework towards officers ".

Yeah, "peaceful". You can take it to the bank.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            From your source:

"As of Thursday evening, US Park Police, Arlington Police, DC Metro Police and the Secret Service have all denied using any kind of tear gas in Lafayette Square Monday evening."

Also, the report insists they were "peaceful protesters" but then later admits that "agitators threw water bottles at advancing police, one agitator hurled a firework towards officers ".

Nothing about the crowd behavior has surfaced so far can justify the level of force used. Especially given the purpose was a photo op of the president holding a bible like some sort of religious crusader. We are talking about justifying a man that wants to deploy active military into us cities against american citizens exercising their first amendment rights on the anniversary of Tiananmen square.

Keep it up mountain man, and you'll be a captain in a police state yet. A traitor to everything this nation stands for.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              Nothing about the crowd behavior has surfaced so far can justify the level of force used. Especially given the purpose was a photo op of the president holding a bible like some sort of religious crusader. We are talking about justifying a man that wants to deploy active military into us cities against american citizens exercising their first amendment rights on the anniversary of Tiananmen square.

Keep it up mountain man, and you'll be a captain in a police state yet. A traitor to everything this nation stands for.
              You're a loon.

Comment

You're a loon.
                Coming from you, that is a badge of honor.

Your praise would be as sought after by me as David Duke's, or Vladimir Putin's, or Donald Trump's.
                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-05-2020, 07:31 AM.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Reject, reject, reject --- does not fit the narrative!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Some interesting thoughts on Trump posing with the Bible:

Trump is attempting something ambitious and revolting. He is trying to reshape the content of Christian social engagement in his own image. He is making the claim that brutalizing protesters, disdaining migrants, excluding refugees, discriminating against Islam and treating opponents with casual cruelty are the natural elements of a biblical ethic. And he is using the Bible itself as a kind of talisman or fetish, carried into culture war conflicts. “In this sign,” Trump seems to be saying to his followers, “you will conquer.”

But for Christians, the Bible is not a charm to be borne into battle. It is not the words and pages that are holy; it is the message they contain. And that message, as Jesus summarized it, is this: “He has sent me to preach good news to the poor, to proclaim release to the prisoners and recovery of sight to the blind, to liberate the oppressed, and to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”
                    There are those on the evangelical right who have clearly abandoned this conception of scripture. They display not the transformed heart of the believer, but an iron stomach of a political operative. They will swallow anything.
                    Emphasis mine

If the biblical account of that love is true — as evangelicals would uniformly contend — trading it for the gospel of Trump is an act of monumental foolishness.
                    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...bbd_story.html
                    Last edited by Charles; 06-05-2020, 09:36 AM.
                    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                      Some interesting thoughts on Trump posing with the Bible:
                      I didn't like it at all - it seemed way too contrived.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

From your source:

So you have nothing to say about the fact that the news crew recovered tear gas shells (whatever the term is) in the immediate aftermath of the of the "gas" attack? Don't pretend you have responded to the actual substance of the new report because you responded to incidental details.

Comment

• Today in an opinion piece in The Guardian an interesting question if found:

Is there a line Trump could cross that would cause white evangelicals to abandon him?

Their ongoing support for Trump – as he cracks down on protesters and hijacks the front of a church to pose with a bible – is, unfortunately, another chapter in this long history, one in which Trump has emerged as their dedicated strongman, unafraid to defend their “freedom”, no matter the cost to other Americans. https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...e-floyd-racism
                          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                            That tank probably *was* used to subdue protestors. Though it is notable you couldn't find an American tank to post as your "counter example."
                            It proves the Chinese have invaded our country! See? I proved it by posting a picture!

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                              Coming from you, that is a badge of honor.

Your praise would be as sought after by me as David Duke's, or Vladimir Putin's, or Donald Trump's.
                              Whatever you say, looney toon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                It proves the Chinese have invaded our country! See? I proved it by posting a picture!
                                Watch the news report (from the same source as the pics I posted) and respond to that. Those guys are putting their professional lives on the line with this claim.

Comment