Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Can Anyone Find Evidence Of This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More information is coming out. It seems that the protestors in the park were in violation of the city's 7PM curfew and were given multiple warnings to clear the area, so it actually had nothing to do with Trump. In fact, it sounds like he may have deliberately scheduled his walk for after the curfew.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-is-a-fascist/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
      I read this report in two places, HuffPost (gag!) and The Independent. Neither provided any video evidence of their claim, which is that Trump had "peaceful protesters" cleared out of his path with tear gas, so he could do a photo op at a church. I looked on YouTube and also found no evidence there. If true, it is despicable. But because HuffPost is on par with CNN for fake news, I don't believe it without proof.

Anyone?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donal...b6449ef9663fa1
      I watched it last night, and I could care less. They trashed Lafayette Park the nights before...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Then it sounds like it is true - even Breitbart confirmed it. Trump had peaceful protesters violently removed so he could do a photo op.

Not good.
        The use of tear gas - while I would think it unnecessary (absent the facts) = is not "violently removing" anybody.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
          According to here this was arranged absolutely last minute without adequate time for the SS to prepare.
          And I really thought it was a dumb photo op --- Trump standing there holding a Bible, and turning it every which way to show it's a Bible.

It kinda reminds me of the dumb photo op where Clinton was on (Normandy - Omaha beach?) and stooped down to form some rocks into a cross with a (battleship?) in the background.

Last edited by Cow Poke; 06-02-2020, 07:20 AM.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            The use of tear gas - while I would think it unnecessary (absent the facts) = is not "violently removing" anybody.
            OK, I found this out.

Originally posted by DC
            VERDICT: MOSTLY FALSE. Protesters outside the White House were cleared ahead of D.C.’s 7 p.m. curfew, which was announced by Mayor Muriel Bowser, a Democrat, earlier in the day.

Alerts about the curfew were sent out directly to smartphones across the District well ahead of time. By violating curfew, protesters would have been breaking the law, making the description “peaceful protesters” largely inaccurate.

Furthermore, the ongoing protests outside the White House, which were in their third day prior to the dispersal, have not been peaceful.

Over the past three days, rioters outside the White House have violently clashed with Secret Service officers, torn down barricades, assaulted journalists (including Breitbart News reporter Matthew Perdie), vandalized historic buildings and monuments, and lit multiple fires, including one that caused damage to the historic St. John’s Episcopal Church, opposite the White House.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              More information is coming out. It seems that the protestors in the park were in violation of the city's 7PM curfew and were given multiple warnings to clear the area, so it actually had nothing to do with Trump. In fact, it sounds like he may have deliberately scheduled his walk for after the curfew.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-is-a-fascist/
              Yes, I've read this too. I am much relieved.

Comment

I feel better knowing you are relieved.

Comment

Unfortunately, it seems the narrative has already been established in the liberal echo chamber, and I'm not confident the facts are going to make any difference now.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Unfortunately, it seems the narrative has already been established in the liberal echo chamber, and I'm not confident the facts are going to make any difference now.
                    The initial report didn't make sense to me because it said that metro police moved the protesters. That would have nothing to do with Trump and the Secret Service. The police wouldn't have moved them so Trump could walk down the street - that's not their job.

Which is why I questioned HuffPost. Horrible rag. As bad or worse than NYT and CNN.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      And I really thought it was a dumb photo op --- Trump standing there holding a Bible, and turning it every which way to show it's a Bible.

It kinda reminds me of the dumb photo op where Clinton was on (Normandy - Omaha beach?) and stooped down to form some rocks into a cross with a (battleship?) in the background.

I remember when that incident occurred, and hearing somebody remark that there weren't normally any rocks in the area. There just happened to be a small cluster right there.
                      When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                        I remember when that incident occurred, and hearing somebody remark that there weren't normally any rocks in the area. There just happened to be a small cluster right there.
                        Yup, and anybody who has been to Omaha beach will tell you there are NOT indigenous rocks on the beach - it's all sand and fine pebbles.

Comment

A member of the church's clergy is reporting that the gassing began at 6:15 which is well before the curfew started. But again, this appears to reference local police as opposed to SS.

https://relevantmagazine.com/current...puikQH4s__ERJg
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                            A member of the church's clergy is reporting that the gassing began at 6:15 which is well before the curfew started. But again, this appears to reference local police as opposed to SS.
                            US Capital Police have jurisdiction there, as well, so I wonder what their role, if any, was.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

https://relevantmagazine.com/current...puikQH4s__ERJg
                              I can't say I disagree a whole lot with what that guy is saying, about the Church being turned into a photo-op -- I think it was HORRIBLE optics.

Comment

In fact, it sounds like he may have deliberately scheduled his walk for after the curfew.
                                There's been a lot of criticism recently of UK politicians - one in particular - who ignore the advice and rules they lay out for the public to follow. This looks like more of the same.
                                Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                                MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment