Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Can Anyone Find Evidence Of This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy View Post
    [pedant]
    There are a lot of beachfront properties in Arizona, including those that line the beaches on the shores of Lake Havasu. This cabin, for example. There is, however no seafront property.
    [/pedant]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45208[/ATTACH]

Ok, let's change 'beachfront' to 'seaside', or better, assuming its possible somewhere in Arizona there is a lake with 'sea' in its name, perhaps oceanside will avoid [pedant]?
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Unfortunately, it seems the narrative has already been established in the liberal echo chamber, and I'm not confident the facts are going to make any difference now.
      It was a serious abuse of power, and completely disrespectful to the church itself - they clearly are deeply offended - and even a blasphemous action in that it invokes Christ in the name of the same sorts of authoritarian abuse that Christ's entire ministry spoke against.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        It was a serious abuse of power, and completely disrespectful to the church itself - they clearly are deeply offended - and even a blasphemous action in that it invokes Christ in the name of the same sorts of authoritarian abuse that Christ's entire ministry spoke against.
        It wasn't an abuse of power if it isn't true. If the protesters were cleared out by metro police for other reasons, and Trump walked across later after curfew, then HuffPost is LYING and deceiving people.

Comment

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
            It wasn't an abuse of power if it isn't true. If the protesters were cleared out by metro police for other reasons, and Trump walked across later after curfew, then HuffPost is LYING and deceiving people.
            They were not lying, but the white house is if they are trying to pretend there was no correlation:

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/01/86753...urch-officials

Source: above

The plaza between St. John's Church and Lafayette Park was full of people nonviolently protesting police brutality late Monday afternoon when U.S. Park Police and National Guard troops, with the use of tear gas, suddenly started pushing them away for no apparent reason.

And then it became clear.

President Trump wanted to walk from the White House through the park to the Episcopal church. Camera crews scrambled to keep up with him as he strode through the park,
            followed by his daughter Ivanka and her husband, Jared Kushner, along with Attorney General William Barr and other administration officials.

© Copyright Original Source

and even more to the point:

A former St. John's minister, Gini Gerbasi, was among those attending to the protesters in front of the church when the police moved in.

"We were literally DRIVEN OFF of the St. John's, Lafayette Square patio with tear gas and concussion grenades and police in full riot gear," she wrote in a Facebook post. "PEOPLE WERE HURT SO THAT [President Trump] COULD HAVE A PHOTO OPPORTUNITY IN FRONT OF THE CHURCH!!! HE WOULD HAVE HAD TO STEP OVER THE MEDICAL SUPPLIES WE LEFT BEHIND BECAUSE WE WERE BEING TEAR GASSED!!!!"

Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-02-2020, 11:59 AM.

Comment

A curfew just happens to happen the day Trump wants a photo-op and doesn't want any of those pesky protesters in the way? It's just a happy coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                A curfew just happens to happen the day Trump wants a photo-op and doesn't want any of those pesky protesters in the way? It's just a happy coincidence?
                No, I believe they had a curfew the nights before, but at 11:00 - it was too late so they moved it up to 7pm.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

They were not lying, but the white house is if they are trying to pretend there was no correlation:

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/01/86753...urch-officials

The plaza between St. John's Church and Lafayette Park was full of people nonviolently protesting police brutality late Monday afternoon when U.S. Park Police and National Guard troops, with the use of tear gas, suddenly started pushing them away for no apparent reason.

And then it became clear.

President Trump wanted to walk from the White House through the park to the Episcopal church. Camera crews scrambled to keep up with him as he strode through the park,
                  followed by his daughter Ivanka and her husband, Jared Kushner, along with Attorney General William Barr and other administration officials.

and even more to the point:

A former St. John's minister, Gini Gerbasi, was among those attending to the protesters in front of the church when the police moved in.

"We were literally DRIVEN OFF of the St. John's, Lafayette Square patio with tear gas and concussion grenades and police in full riot gear," she wrote in a Facebook post. "PEOPLE WERE HURT SO THAT [President Trump] COULD HAVE A PHOTO OPPORTUNITY IN FRONT OF THE CHURCH!!! HE WOULD HAVE HAD TO STEP OVER THE MEDICAL SUPPLIES WE LEFT BEHIND BECAUSE WE WERE BEING TEAR GASSED!!!!"

But curfew was approaching, and the local PD was clearing people out of the park. Is there any evidence that this was prompted by the President or anybody in the White House? I know that's the assumption of frothing-at-the-mouth liberals, but let's stick with the facts, okay?

Comment

I would not be at all surprised if this was planned.

The MSM had been characterizing Trump as scared and cowardly, hunkered down in the White House.

He had just finished talking about the need for mayors and governors to take back the streets.

Lafayette Park was one of the main sites for rioting and St. John's had been vandalized.

This looks like Trump giving a demonstration of what he was telling others needed to be done.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      I would not be at all surprised if this was planned.

The MSM had been characterizing Trump as scared and cowardly, hunkered down in the White House.

He had just finished talking about the need for mayors and governors to take back the streets.

Lafayette Park was one of the main sites for rioting and St. John's had been vandalized.

This looks like Trump giving a demonstration of what he was telling others needed to be done.
                      No rogue. This is Trump. You are exhibiting irrational paranoia wrt the news media when need to just accept this is who the person running our country is - as I have been saying for a very long time now.

Comment

But curfew was approaching, and the local PD was clearing people out of the park. Is there any evidence that this was prompted by the President or anybody in the White House? I know that's the assumption of frothing-at-the-mouth liberals, but let's stick with the facts, okay?
                        It really doesn't matter to me if it was opportunistic or directly ordered. Trump has been waxing eloquent about being strong and not pandering to the protesters, and it doesn't take a genius to know what the message would be wrt to co-location of the two events. So whether Trump ordered it or just took advantage of it, he clearly wanted to send a message of 'strength' and intolerance wrt the protesters to his base. So he deserves all the credit - exactly as he clearly desired.

but ...

GOP leaders admit it was purposed:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/polit...rch/index.html
                        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-02-2020, 01:45 PM.

Comment

If the people refused to move to the point that tear gas was needed, can you really call it "peaceful" at that point?

But wherever the President goes, they clear the area. I remember when Trump came to my town last year. They cleared the streets for several blocks and shut down the interstate from the airport to downtown. It disrupted the entire city for 4 hours.

PS, I don't agree with the whole move by Trump to go over to the church for a photo op. I think that was incredibly self-centered and narcissistic and is not the act of a Christian. Posing with a bible as if to say "Look how holy I am!" is just wrong.

Comment

No rogue. This is Trump. You are exhibiting irrational paranoia wrt the news media when need to just accept this is who the person running our country is - as I have been saying for a very long time now.
                            Still waiting for confirmation that this was prompted by the White House.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              If the people refused to move to the point that tear gas was needed, can you really call it "peaceful" at that point?

But wherever the President goes, they clear the area. I remember when Trump came to my town last year. They cleared the streets for several blocks and shut down the interstate from the airport to downtown. It disrupted the entire city for 4 hours.

PS, I don't agree with the whole move by Trump to go over to the church for a photo op. I think that was incredibly self-centered and narcissistic and is not the act of a Christian. Posing with a bible as if to say "Look how holy I am!" is just wrong.
                              I agree with most of what you are saying. Here is the deal - the act of clearing them out is an act of complete and total disrespect for who they are, what they are protesting, for why they are there. It's totally the wrong move. This nation needs him to be dealing with the issue in a constructive and productive way. Tear gassing the protesters for a photo op? That is not telling the protesters Trump hears what they are saying or understands why they are there. It sends the opposite message, that they are worthless chaff that are in his way.

Comment

Still waiting for confirmation that this was prompted by the White House.
                                already given, but I'll repeat it here for your convenience:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/polit...rch/index.html

GOP leaders are defending the act as necessary, not denying the two events were correlated.

Comment