Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Are Police Systematically Racist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Police Systematically Racist?

No! I urge you to go to the link and click on the actual studies included.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/202...-john-perazzo/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

no
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't know enough about to this to make any judgment.

Comment

It's not so much racism, it's the aggression and brutality against citizens in general. I don't know if they're being trained that way or what. They're like militarized bots now, incapable of using any basic logic or reasoning, tactically trained and equipped like they're facing an enemy in Fallujah or some third world country. I witnessed like 6 cops in the building I live taser some drunk old guy who wasn't cooperating. I mean 6 freaking cops couldn't subdue an old drunk guy? They had to taze him? That's just one example.

Comment

Yeah ... but ... these stats are about use of force or deadly use of force.

It is a subject with a lot of nuance and profiling isn't covered here. And the link to the "report" in the article is broken, as I would like to examine other figures in the source, if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
            You can read the quote and follow the studies in the link - then you will know.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              Yeah ... but ... these stats are about use of force or deadly use of force.

It is a subject with a lot of nuance and profiling isn't covered here. And the link to the "report" in the article is broken, as I would like to examine other figures in the source, if possible.
              Right, it is not about profiling which may happen in higher rates in high crime areas. There are a number of studies linked.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                You can read the quote and follow the studies in the link - then you will know.
                I might, but I don't trust the person. I'm not like you seer, just because someone agrees with me politically, or says something that sounds right to me, doesn't mean I automatically trust them. I have a lot of questions about that issue, which is a complicated minefield. Did he cherry-pick his results for instance? Did he rely on equivocating on definitions, to imply something a lot more general than what the data actually shows? What is his working definition of racism? I'd also have to follow the sources to verify that they actually say why he claims.

So, no I don't know enough about this issue to comfortably say anything on it.

Comment

There are a number of studies linked.
                  Argument by weblink.

Comment

That doesn't keep a lot of people from spewing forth ignorance anyway! Good on you, Leon!
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                      It's not so much racism, it's the aggression and brutality against citizens in general. I don't know if they're being trained that way or what. They're like militarized bots now, incapable of using any basic logic or reasoning, tactically trained and equipped like they're facing an enemy in Fallujah or some third world country. I witnessed like 6 cops in the building I live taser some drunk old guy who wasn't cooperating. I mean 6 freaking cops couldn't subdue an old drunk guy? They had to taze him? That's just one example.
                      Wow, I didn't know brushes came THAT BIG.

Comment

It's worse in urban areas. If you don't live in an urban area, chances are you haven't been exposed to it much.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Wow, I didn't know brushes came THAT BIG.
                          It is what it is. I've seen it with my own eyes. The problem is that this issue keeps being clouded as a racial issue when that's not the main problem. But as long as the left keeps making it a racial issue, the real problem is just going to be obfuscated and never solved.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                            It's worse in urban areas. If you don't live in an urban area, chances are you haven't been exposed to it much.
                            Well I lived in a high crime urban area in the 80s, look up Father Panik Village sometime. And yes the cops were more aggressive there - but they kind of had to be.

Comment

Well I lived in a high crime urban area in the 80s, look up Father Panik Village sometime. And yes the cops were more aggressive there - but they kind of had to be.
                              That too would have to figure into my consideration. Overall it's a deep and complex topic, and I don't think I'd get to the bottom of it tonight, I've got other stuff to do. Thank you for the links seer.

Comment