Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

White Supremicisit groups posing as Antifa call for violence amid protests.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    source, please?
    That's just it, I try desperately to find instances that count up the violence and there's nothing. There's a scarce set of recycled stories and some of them are massively overhyped. I just looked out and found a story about an Antifa member committing an act of violence. I dive down to it and apparently one threw an empty beer can at someone.

A lot of the time in the stories it turns out it just self-defense.

Take this video right here https://twitter.com/Anon_Snufkin/sta...54463933480961 (warning F-bombs)

A conservative protestor is about to shoot fireworks at the crowd, but a person in the crowd runs up to him, takes the firework from his hands and throws it into his car. I consider that completely justifiably (and you probably do so too), but that can easily be reported as "Antifa destroys mans car with firework"
    Last edited by Leonhard; 06-04-2020, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      That's just it, I try desperately to find instances that count up the violence and there's nothing.
      OK, but you made the claim that there are "thousands and thousands" of Antfa Protesters. How do you know that?

There's a scarce set of recycled stories and some of them are massively overhyped. I just looked out and found a story about an Antifa member committing an act of violence. I dive down to it and apparently one threw an empty beer can at someone.

Take this video right here https://twitter.com/Anon_Snufkin/sta...54463933480961

A conservative protestor is about to shoot fireworks at the crowd, but a person in the crowd runs up to him, takes the firework from his hands and throws it into his car. I consider that completely justifiably (and you probably do so too), but that can easily be reported as "Antifa destroys mans car with firework"
      I'm not sure you realize how polarized our nation is, Leon. The media, as well. If we find instances of actual antifa violence --- well, THAT is just some right wing propaganda...... and the MSM seems bent on NOT covering anything in a negative light that has to do with antifa.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Have you watched the videos? It is not a "few" engaging in violence it is most of them. Remember the college riots when conservative guest speakers were going to speak? Remember when Trump was elected? Or Portland?

sheesh.
        Yes, I remember all those instances. It was where a member of the Proud Boys, an Alt-Right nazy sympathizing group, drove his car into a crowd of Antifa protesters killing one of them.

I've also seen recordings, most of the protesters are peaceful. There were thousands there Sparko, but there weren't thousands of fights. Police made 13 arrests all in all.

Comment

That's just it, I try desperately to find instances that count up the violence and there's nothing. There's a scarce set of recycled stories and some of them are massively overhyped. I just looked out and found a story about an Antifa member committing an act of violence. I dive down to it and apparently one threw an empty beer can at someone.

Take this video right here https://twitter.com/Anon_Snufkin/sta...54463933480961

A conservative protestor ...
          According to who? Was he wearing a MAGA hat or something?

is about to shoot fireworks at the crowd ...
          "AT the crowd"? It looks like a firework but it didn't appear to be aimed at anyone.

but a person in the crowd runs up to him, takes the firework from his hands and throws it into his car. I consider that completely justifiably (and you probably do so too), but that can easily be reported as "Antifa destroys mans car with firework"
          It's justifiable? What if there was a child in that car? You are taking a lot for granted in that video - based solely on some stranger's account of what it portrays.

Comment

OK, but you made the claim that there are "thousands and thousands" of Antfa Protesters. How do you know that?
            Since protesters are equated with Antifa, doesn't that mean that all protesters are Antifa. Or do you mean "Only violent protesters are Antifa" but in that case isn't that a circular definition.

I'm just trying to go by your logic

I'm not sure you realize how polarized our nation is, Leon. The media, as well. If we find instances of actual antifa violence --- well, THAT is just some right wing propaganda...... and the MSM seems bent on NOT covering anything in a negative light that has to do with antifa.
            Then what is your opinion on the video I just showed you? Why are liberal protesters being labelled as terrorists, but that guy isn't?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              "AT the crowd"? It looks like a firework but it didn't appear to be aimed at anyone.
              Seriously?

Comment

Seriously?
                Yes. Fireworks might aim up, but not sideways. It appears to be aiming up.

firework.jpg

Comment

Since protesters are equated with Antifa, doesn't that mean that all protesters are Antifa.
                  Absolutely not. And protesters are NOT equated with Antifa. No way, Jose.

Or do you mean "Only violent protesters are Antifa" but in that case isn't that a circular definition.
                  No, not all violence would be done by Antifa - a lot of it is opportunistic criminals taking advantage of a FREE TV or Nike shoes.

I'm just trying to go by your logic
                  I think, and I say this with all due respect, that you're assuming way too much about what my logic is.

Then what is your opinion on the video I just showed you? Why are liberal protesters being labelled as terrorists, but that guy isn't?
                  First, let's clear up the difference between "protesters" (which would include hundreds of thousands of peaceful individuals every night -- the only ones the media really cares to show are the violent ones) and those committing acts of violence.

I am ALL FOR (sorry I shouted) peaceful protests. I am very much AGAINST violence.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Seriously?
                    One thing that seriously needs to be considered is linking to videos that contain the F bomb and other profanity without a very clear warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke
                      I am ALL FOR (sorry I shouted) peaceful protests. I am very much AGAINST violence.
                      My position exactly.

Comment

One thing that seriously needs to be considered is linking to videos that contain the F bomb and other profanity without a very clear warning.
                        Quite right, warning inserted.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                          Yes. Fireworks might aim up, but not sideways. It appears to be aiming up.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45299[/ATTACH]
                          On second inspection you're right, this is actually a fireworks bomb. Dude wanted to get the cops to charge.

Comment

Absolutely not. And protesters are NOT equated with Antifa. No way, Jose.
                            Then explain a non-circular difference between an Antifa member, and a regular protester.

No, not all violence would be done by Antifa - a lot of it is opportunistic criminals taking advantage of a FREE TV or Nike shoes.
                            Then what is the basis for the statement that most Antifa members are violent?

I think, and I say this with all due respect, that you're assuming way too much about what my logic is.
                            Half the time I'm just trying to figure it out.

Comment

Take this video right here....
                              I checked out the video, AND the contributor.... Leon, when a source is... um.... very strongly biased, to say the least...

Comment

On second inspection you're right, this is actually a fireworks bomb. Dude wanted to get the cops to charge.
                                How do you know that? How do you know he didn't just want people to run in panic?

Comment