Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

White Supremicisit groups posing as Antifa call for violence amid protests.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Supremicisit groups posing as Antifa call for violence amid protests.

A white supremicist group, "Identity Evropa" fake account has been removed after posing as Antifa and calling for violence amid the protests. D. Trump jr. directed his 2.8 million followers to the account in order to show how dangerous Antifa is. The President and the Atty General of the US have also, with no evidence to back it up, been accusing Antifa of fomenting the violence.

http://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/tech/a...unt/index.html
    Last edited by JimL; 06-02-2020, 04:08 PM.

See how prejudicial your thread is, Jim? Your Title says "groups", but the article says group. Can you discern the difference?

Actually, I had wondered if there had been some false flag operations going on here in order to provoke a race riot. Particularly because a facebook post from a town about 60 miles from me is calling on all blacks to attack and kill all whites - men, women, and children. That particular area is fairly well known as a.. .um.... backwoods hillbilly anti-black neighborhood, so I suspect a fake account.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      See how prejudicial your thread is, Jim? Your Title says "groups", but the article says group. Can you discern the difference?

Actually, I had wondered if there had been some false flag operations going on here in order to provoke a race riot. Particularly because a facebook post from a town about 60 miles from me is calling on all blacks to attack and kill all whites - men, women, and children. That particular area is fairly well known as a.. .um.... backwoods hillbilly anti-black neighborhood, so I suspect a fake account.
      That one group is just an example of the many groups that are doing the same, CP. In my commentary I specified the one group in question.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        That one group is just an example of the many groups that are doing the same, CP. In my commentary I specified the one group in question.

sure
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This news sure makes the rioting sound much better.

Comment

NYT published an article on this too. Adding

Originally posted by NYT
            What Is Antifa? Members of antifa, which has no official leaders, campaign against actions they view as authoritarian, homophobic, racist or xenophobic.
            It's weird how the NYT will defend antifa, lying about them, when that group has famously attacked journalists and reporters.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

It's weird how the NYT will defend antifa, lying about them, when that group has famously attacked journalists and reporters.
              Maybe they're scared they'll be attacked if the tell the truth. It often takes COURAGE to tell the truth, and I don't see a whole lot of that in "journalism" these days.

Comment

Same thing at many of the Occupy protests. I wonder if they feel they're simply collateral damage in a greater cause.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

What lie are you refering to?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Maybe they're scared they'll be attacked if the tell the truth. It often takes COURAGE to tell the truth, and I don't see a whole lot of that in "journalism" these days.
                    That's most likely because it doesn't agree with what you want to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Same thing at many of the Occupy protests. I wonder if they feel they're simply collateral damage in a greater cause.
                      Apparently Antifa can be violent, I haven't seen a whole lot of evidence supporting that, but if so, at least their violence is in defense from, and directed at, your beloved racist, hate filled, white supremecist, fascist groups on the right.

Comment

Apparently Antifa can be violent, I haven't seen a whole lot of evidence supporting that, but if so, at least their violence is in defense from, and directed at, your beloved racist, hate filled, white supremecist, fascist groups on the right.
                        So you prefer violent communists to violent fascist?
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          No, I don't prefer violence in general, but I do prefer violent defenders of freedom and liberal democracy to violent fascists.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                            Name that fallacy.

Comment

No, I don't prefer violence in general, but I do prefer violent defenders of freedom and liberal democracy to violent fascists.
                              But Antifa is not about freedom. They actually use violence to stop speech.
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment