Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: White Supremicisit groups posing as Antifa call for violence amid protests.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    Antifa is historically against white nationalism. They can't be both in the same sense that Black Lives Matter can't be a white supremacist group.
    And North Korea can't be a totalitarian communist dictatorship because they call themselves a Democratic People's Republic.

There's that difference between what some says they are and what their actions show they are.

They don't care about fascism, nationalism or racism. They are hard core anarchists. THAT is what they care about. They are just interested in causing insurrection and spreading chaos.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    They're loosely anarchistic. They dislike authority, racism and fascism, and almost exclusively use confrontational tactics to combat both. Destroying property is one of them.
    I don't believe that to be correct. They're a loosely based group of like minded people who stand against fascism. Thus the name ANTI-FA which originated in 1920's and 30's Germany in response to the rise of Hitler and fascism. They are not a centralized organization, they don't even have an official social media account to organize protests or instigate violence. Antifa in the US was barely heard of prior to the rise of America's Hitler, Donald Trump. Their main purpose is to prevent the rise of fascism by denying a platform for, neo-nazis, neo-fascists, white supremesists, and other alt right groups and speakers associated with and supported by the Trump administration. Their violence is usually in defense against these alt right groups who, no doubt, they go out of their way to antagonize. They don't dislike authority per se, they dislike authoritarians like Trump. You can certainly argue about the tactics they use, but their purpose, their goal, to prevent the rise of fascism is a righteous goal.
    To be fair, right-wing radicals are more violent, and (according to the ADF, the FBI, and other watchdogs) represent a greater threat to the average American than Antifa does. However, Antifa are doing more than confronting right-wing extremism. The Wiki entry lists some examples of this.
    Such as? I can't access the site.
    There are valid reasons for a non-right-wing-radical to get nervous when Antifa are in the area...

In my humble opinion.
    I'm not sure what you mean by that, they are what would be called leftists themselves.
    Last edited by JimL; 06-03-2020 at 01:00 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Thus the name ANTI-FA which originated in 1920's and 30's Germany in response to the rise of Hitler and fascism.
    Not organized but have an official flag? Which is quite similar to the German Communist Party flag.

flags.jpg

4. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I don't believe that to be correct. They're a loosely based group of like minded people who stand against fascism. Thus the name ANTI-FA which originated in 1920's and 30's Germany in response to the rise of Hitler and fascism. They are not a centralized organization, they don't even have an official social media account to organize protests or instigate violence. Antifa in the US was barely heard of prior to the rise of America's Hitler, Donald Trump. Their main purpose is to prevent the rise of fascism by denying a platform for, neo-nazis, neo-fascists, white supremesists, and other alt right groups and speakers associated with and supported by the Trump administration. Their violence is usually in defense against these alt right groups who, no doubt, they go out of their way to antagonize. They don't dislike authority per se, they dislike authoritarians like Trump. You can certainly argue about the tactics they use, but their purpose, their goal, to prevent the rise of fascism is a righteous goal.

Such as? I can't access the site.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, they are what would be called leftists themselves.
    I see you have bought into Jaecp's tall tales. Jim, just open your eyes and put down the Mary Jane.

6. Amen Cow Poke, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I see you have bought into Jaecp's tall tales. Jim, just open your eyes and put down the Mary Jane.
    Yeah, through all this, he keeps coming to mind - our favorite "community organizer".
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    Not organized but have an official flag? Which is quite similar to the German Communist Party flag.

flags.jpg
    They are anti-fascist, not communists. Are you pro fascism? I didn't think so, so you should appreciate their purpose if not their tactics.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I have no idea what Jaecp thinks or has said about Antifa. And leave my Mary Jane out of this, neither Jaecp nor she has any influence on my opinions.: tongue:

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So are fascists, and some leftists are afraid of those people as well.

I'm only saying that your view of Antifa is more charitable than mine. They're less of a threat than domestic right-wing terrorism in the US - but the data from watchdog groups shows Antifa isn't necessarily a force for good, either.

Please don't take my word on this. Go look up what the anti-defamation league and the FBI have to say about them. Not to mention the SPLC; I just Googled "SPLC on Antifa", and found an SPLC article which linked to this story:

https://apnews.com/57ec231e17a8f8c47fa45df5f6a4d286

ps. I don't intend that story to be proof-positive of my case. Instead, it's just one example of a wider trend - and that trend is what I'm referring to.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    They are anti-fascist, not communists. Are you pro fascism? I didn't think so, so you should appreciate their purpose if not their tactics.
    You say they are not organized but they have a flag? And you're telling me what they stand for (all of the individuals) but they have no mission statement?

Did you watch any of the violent YouTube videos I posted? And where they are interviewed and speaking as a single entity?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post

flags.jpg
    And a manual

101329812_10222325816643982_8521623197286662144_n.jpg
    That's Minnesota AG and former Deputy Chair of the
    Democratic National Committee Keith Ellison proudly posing with
    a book by antifa that he posted at the start of the rioting there
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman