Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

White Supremicisit groups posing as Antifa call for violence amid protests.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    antifa throwing rocks and a bomb:
    antifa throwing fire bombs at police in paris:
    I won't deny those instances, that has happened. However, those are a minute number of them. Sparko, you'll need several hundreds of cases like that per demonstration in order for what you said "Most Antifa are violent" to be true.

Also, don't forget Charlottesville. It was an alt-righter who drove his car into a crowd of them, causing the death of one. It wasn't Antifa.

Antifa leaders admit they're willing to physically attack anyone who employs violence against them or who condones racism
    Yes, self-defense is perfectly okay wouldn't you agree?

People put on the masks so that we can all become anonymous, right? And then, therefore, we are able to move more freely and do what we need to do, whether it is illegal or not.
    I support the right of anonymity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      I won't deny those instances, that has happened. However, those are a minute number of them. Sparko, you'll need several hundreds of cases like that per demonstration in order for what you said "Most Antifa are violent" to be true.

Also, don't forget Charlottesville. It was an alt-righter who drove his car into a crowd of them, causing the death of one. It wasn't Antifa.

Yes, self-defense is perfectly okay wouldn't you agree?

I support the right of anonymity.
      So this is a case of you just continuing to ask for more and more evidence, and it will never be enough. But trust me there are a lot more out there, I just don't have the time to go find them all just to convince you.

I can do the same with the whole "police brutality" thing. You claim it is systemic, and I say it is rare and just a function of the media publicizing the few incidents that happen.

Can you show me more examples of PEACEFUL Antifa protests than I can of violent ones?

Comment

So this is a case of you just continuing to ask for more and more evidence,
        I actually just asked for evidence of what you said. Are you now denying that you said that "Most Antifa supporters are violent" and have backed down to "Some Antifa supporters are violent"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
          I actually just asked for evidence of what you said. Are you now denying that you said that "Most Antifa supporters are violent" and have backed down to "Some Antifa supporters are violent"?
          No, I still assert that the main function of Antifa is to cause chaos and do violence. That's what it does.

Here this is form an Antifa apologist admitting it.

The argument is that militant anti-fascism is inherently self-defense because of the historically documented violence that fascists pose, especially to marginalized people,” said Mark Bray, a history lecturer at Rutgers University and the author of “Antifa: The Anti-Fascist Handbook.”

Many antifa organizers also participate in more peaceful forms of community organizing, but they believe that using violence is justified because of their views that if racist or fascist groups are allowed to organize freely, “it will inevitably result in violence against marginalized communities,” said Mr. Bray, whose defense of the anti-fascist movement incited criticism and generated support at Dartmouth College when he was a lecturer there.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/02/u...ifa-trump.html
          Last edited by Sparko; 06-08-2020, 09:57 AM.

Comment

When Trump starts rounding up jews and putting them into gas chambers, then I will gladly join in fighting against him. But that isn't what is going on here. They just want to cause chaos. They are just destroying private property, punching old women and men, setting fire to cars, etc.
            I heard that these atrocities don’t happen overnight. Once it gets to this point it would only seem marginally more extreme than what you’ve already come to accept. So I’ve heard.

Comment