Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

White Supremicisit groups posing as Antifa call for violence amid protests.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Jim, how do you know that these "white supremacist groups" are not also Antifa? Why can't they be both?

Can you point me to an official Antifa site? I thought not.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Dear Jim, how do you know that these "white supremacist groups" are not also Antifa? Why can't they be both?

There is definitely video proof that antifa is instigating at least some of this stuff. There's a video showing a black woman giving a brick back to a car load of antifa clad individuals and berating them about why they're giving bricks to black people. There's another video of antifa clad youths spray painting BLM on a store front, and the black woman filming them berates them for doing that because they'll get blamed for it. You have another antifa clad individual nonchalantly smashing windows in a store, and then confronted by others who ask who he is and why he's doing that. There are very clear instances where it looks like antifa is trying to set up black folks for reasons that aren't clear, but look pretty clearly racist in nature.

Comment

Here is one of those white supremacist looters...

https://disrn.com/news/im-out-here-f...its-his-motive

Comment

I don't believe that I said it couldn't be both, but the corrupt Trump and Atty Gen Barr are the ones who are blatently lying to the people when they assert, without substantiation, the blame to be that of Antifa and left wing radicals when they know better. Antifa, as far as I've seen, is not about destroying property and fomenting insurection like rw radicals are, they are in response to, and defense against, rw radicals.

Comment

Antifa is historically against white nationalism. They can't be both in the same sense that Black Lives Matter can't be a white supremacist group.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              I don't believe that I said it couldn't be both, but the corrupt Trump and Atty Gen Barr are the ones who are blatently lying to the people when they assert, without substantiation, the blame to be that of Antifa and left wing radicals when they know better. Antifa, as far as I've seen, is not about destroying property and fomenting insurection like rw radicals are, they are in response to, and defense against, rw radicals.
              They're loosely anarchistic. They dislike authority, racism and fascism, and almost exclusively use confrontational tactics to combat both. Destroying property is one of them.

To be fair, right-wing radicals are more violent, and (according to the ADF, the FBI, and other watchdogs) represent a greater threat to the average American than Antifa does. However, Antifa are doing more than confronting right-wing extremism. The Wiki entry lists some examples of this.

There are valid reasons for a non-right-wing-radical to get nervous when Antifa are in the area...

In my humble opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                Antifa is historically against white nationalism. They can't be both in the same sense that Black Lives Matter can't be a white supremacist group.
                I don't see the evidence of that. That's what they say, but their actions seem to say something different, and that could easily be a front. And I find it a bit odd I have never seen a black, let alone a minority antifa member. Kind of odd, don't you think?

Comment

That's so wrong, JimL. Antifa has been rioting and destroying things for YEARS now. If you haven't seen that, then you are blind.

Even if there are fake Antifa trying to stir things up, like in your article, there are also actual antifa out there doing the destruction. And anyone who listens to even false Antifa groups and goes around destroying things is just as bad as the White supremacists themselves. And as I posted above, there are plenty of black looters and rioters out there. They are to responsible for their own actions, no matter who instigates them.

Comment

Whatever, man.

Antifa is not actually Anti Fascist. You know that right? They ARE fascists. They are just FOR chaos. They don't care about "black lives" or "white lives" or "white nationalism" or anything. They just want to cause chaos. They want to destroy, beat people up, and stir up trouble. That is what they do.

Comment

Also, Trump is talking about designating Antifa as domestic terrorists and the MSM is saying he can't. But the DOHS and FBI said they were a terrorist organization YEARS ago.

I even had a thread about it back in 2017

Department of Homeland Security, FBI Consider Antifa’s Activities as ‘Domestic Terrorist Violence’

Politico reports that now both the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI have classified the group's violence as "domestic terror activity."

The report cites confidential law enforcement documents. It claims law enforcement is concerned that Antifa is using incidents like the violent clashes in Berkeley with white supremacist groups to broaden its recruiting and fundraising efforts

http://fox40.com/2017/09/01/departme...rist-violence/

FBI, Homeland Security warn of more ‘antifa’ attacks

Confidential documents call the anarchists that seek to counter white supremacists ‘domestic terrorists.’

Federal authorities have been warning state and local officials since early 2016 that leftist extremists known as “antifa” had become increasingly confrontational and dangerous, so much so that the Department of Homeland Security formally classified their activities as “domestic terrorist violence,” according to interviews and confidential law enforcement documents obtained by POLITICO.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...nce-fbi-242235

Comment

And North Korea can't be a totalitarian communist dictatorship because they call themselves a Democratic People's Republic.

There's that difference between what some says they are and what their actions show they are.

They don't care about fascism, nationalism or racism. They are hard core anarchists. THAT is what they care about. They are just interested in causing insurrection and spreading chaos.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

They're loosely anarchistic. They dislike authority, racism and fascism, and almost exclusively use confrontational tactics to combat both. Destroying property is one of them.
                          I don't believe that to be correct. They're a loosely based group of like minded people who stand against fascism. Thus the name ANTI-FA which originated in 1920's and 30's Germany in response to the rise of Hitler and fascism. They are not a centralized organization, they don't even have an official social media account to organize protests or instigate violence. Antifa in the US was barely heard of prior to the rise of America's Hitler, Donald Trump. Their main purpose is to prevent the rise of fascism by denying a platform for, neo-nazis, neo-fascists, white supremesists, and other alt right groups and speakers associated with and supported by the Trump administration. Their violence is usually in defense against these alt right groups who, no doubt, they go out of their way to antagonize. They don't dislike authority per se, they dislike authoritarians like Trump. You can certainly argue about the tactics they use, but their purpose, their goal, to prevent the rise of fascism is a righteous goal.
                          To be fair, right-wing radicals are more violent, and (according to the ADF, the FBI, and other watchdogs) represent a greater threat to the average American than Antifa does. However, Antifa are doing more than confronting right-wing extremism. The Wiki entry lists some examples of this.
                          Such as? I can't access the site.
                          There are valid reasons for a non-right-wing-radical to get nervous when Antifa are in the area...

In my humble opinion.
                          I'm not sure what you mean by that, they are what would be called leftists themselves.
                          Last edited by JimL; 06-03-2020, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Thus the name ANTI-FA which originated in 1920's and 30's Germany in response to the rise of Hitler and fascism.
                            Not organized but have an official flag? Which is quite similar to the German Communist Party flag.

flags.jpg

Comment

I don't believe that to be correct. They're a loosely based group of like minded people who stand against fascism. Thus the name ANTI-FA which originated in 1920's and 30's Germany in response to the rise of Hitler and fascism. They are not a centralized organization, they don't even have an official social media account to organize protests or instigate violence. Antifa in the US was barely heard of prior to the rise of America's Hitler, Donald Trump. Their main purpose is to prevent the rise of fascism by denying a platform for, neo-nazis, neo-fascists, white supremesists, and other alt right groups and speakers associated with and supported by the Trump administration. Their violence is usually in defense against these alt right groups who, no doubt, they go out of their way to antagonize. They don't dislike authority per se, they dislike authoritarians like Trump. You can certainly argue about the tactics they use, but their purpose, their goal, to prevent the rise of fascism is a righteous goal.

Such as? I can't access the site.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, they are what would be called leftists themselves.
                              I see you have bought into Jaecp's tall tales. Jim, just open your eyes and put down the Mary Jane.

Comment

I see you have bought into Jaecp's tall tales. Jim, just open your eyes and put down the Mary Jane.
                                Yeah, through all this, he keeps coming to mind - our favorite "community organizer".
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment