Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

White Supremicisit groups posing as Antifa call for violence amid protests.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    Not organized but have an official flag? Which is quite similar to the German Communist Party flag.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45270[/ATTACH]
    They are anti-fascist, not communists. Are you pro fascism? I didn't think so, so you should appreciate their purpose if not their tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I see you have bought into Jaecp's tall tales. Jim, just open your eyes and put down the Mary Jane.
      I have no idea what Jaecp thinks or has said about Antifa. And leave my Mary Jane out of this, neither Jaecp nor she has any influence on my opinions.: tongue:

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        I'm not sure what you mean by that, they are what would be called leftists themselves.
        So are fascists, and some leftists are afraid of those people as well.

I'm only saying that your view of Antifa is more charitable than mine. They're less of a threat than domestic right-wing terrorism in the US - but the data from watchdog groups shows Antifa isn't necessarily a force for good, either.

Please don't take my word on this. Go look up what the anti-defamation league and the FBI have to say about them. Not to mention the SPLC; I just Googled "SPLC on Antifa", and found an SPLC article which linked to this story:

https://apnews.com/57ec231e17a8f8c47fa45df5f6a4d286

ps. I don't intend that story to be proof-positive of my case. Instead, it's just one example of a wider trend - and that trend is what I'm referring to.

Comment

They are anti-fascist, not communists. Are you pro fascism? I didn't think so, so you should appreciate their purpose if not their tactics.
          You say they are not organized but they have a flag? And you're telling me what they stand for (all of the individuals) but they have no mission statement?

Did you watch any of the violent YouTube videos I posted? And where they are interviewed and speaking as a single entity?

Comment

Not organized but have an official flag? Which is quite similar to the German Communist Party flag.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45270[/ATTACH]
            And a manual

101329812_10222325816643982_8521623197286662144_n.jpg
            That's Minnesota AG and former Deputy Chair of the
            Democratic National Committee Keith Ellison proudly posing with
            a book by antifa that he posted at the start of the rioting there
            Attached Files

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              And a manual

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45272[/ATTACH]
              That's Minnesota AG and former Deputy Chair of the
              Democratic National Committee Keith Ellison proudly posing with
              a book by antifa that he posted at the start of the rioting there
              Nice try rogue. That isn't the Antifa handbook, it's a history by historian Mark Bray of antifa and the antifascist movement.

Comment

You say they are not organized but they have a flag?
                Yes. The two aren't exclusive. Just because the insignia exists doesn't mean everyone who identifies with it falls in lock-step with everyone else.

I mean, seriously: how many groups wield some variety of the American flag?

And you're telling me what they stand for (all of the individuals) but they have no mission statement?
                I don't actually know whether Antifa has a mission statement or not.

It should be noted that al-qaeda has a flag, even though they're generally decentralized and operate without a mission statement.

Did you watch any of the violent YouTube videos I posted? And where they are interviewed and speaking as a single entity?
                They do not speak as a single entity. Never have, never will (unless they organize, I guess). They're a group of like-minded individuals whose ideology varies enough for them to act outside the mission statement any one of them espouses. They shut down a parade in Seattle by threatening it, because they didn't like that a local conservative Republican group was going to be marching in it. That had nothing to do with anti-fascism, anti-nationalism or anti-authoritarianism (for example).

Comment

And North Korea can't be a totalitarian communist dictatorship because they call themselves a Democratic People's Republic.
                  That's not a valid analogy.

Antifa DOES protest organized white nationalist demonstrations. The DPRK DOES NOT demonstrate democratic values.

They don't care about fascism, nationalism or racism. They are hard core anarchists.
                  A little of column A, a little of column B. They demonstrate traits of both.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                    So are fascists, and some leftists are afraid of those people as well.

I'm only saying that your view of Antifa is more charitable than mine. They're less of a threat than domestic right-wing terrorism in the US - but the data from watchdog groups shows Antifa isn't necessarily a force for good, either.

Please don't take my word on this. Go look up what the anti-defamation league and the FBI have to say about them. Not to mention the SPLC; I just Googled "SPLC on Antifa", and found an SPLC article which linked to this story:

https://apnews.com/57ec231e17a8f8c47fa45df5f6a4d286

ps. I don't intend that story to be proof-positive of my case. Instead, it's just one example of a wider trend - and that trend is what I'm referring to.
                    I can't find anything with respect to the FBI other than that they, i.e Antifa, is antagonistic with respect to white supremecists groups which could erupt into violence. As far as the one story you posted goes, you have to be careful when the perpetrator of a violent act is not arrested and identified. Many of these groups try to implicate each other by masquerading as the other. I'm not saying that violence doesn't occur, or that Antifa has any control over the actions of the antifascist who may associate themselves with Antifa. I'm sure there is some of that going on, but, for the most part their sole aim is to not give the fascists a platform, to antagonize them, to shout them down, which may incite violence between them and the fascists. I really haven't seen a whole lot of that actually happening. Even in Charlottesville there were small skirmishes, it was mostly a shouting match, not a whole lot of violence. I happen to think their goal is a good one, I'm just not sure how else they could go about accomplishing it.

Comment

Here is one of those white supremacist looters...

https://disrn.com/news/im-out-here-f...its-his-motive
                      That that stuff is going on as well is not news, Sparko.

Comment

Please substantiate your assertions.
                        Project Veritas infiltrates antifa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zwK3ABxgJU

Comment

Project Veritas infiltrates antifa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zwK3ABxgJU
                          OH NOES.... you said the PV Word!!!!!
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If they are antifascist, why do they act like fascists?

Comment

Nice try rogue. That isn't the Antifa handbook, it's a history by historian Mark Bray of antifa and the antifascist movement.
                              It literally says "the ANTI-FASCIST HANDBOOK" in capital letters right there on the cover.

Comment

It literally says "the ANTI-FASCIST HANDBOOK" in capital letters right there on the cover.
                                You can see all about it on Amazon here.

In the description, it says...

In a smart and gripping investigation, historian and former Occupy Wall Street organizer Mark Bray provides a detailed survey of the full history of anti-fascism from its origins to the present day — the first transnational history of postwar anti-fascism in English. Based on interviews with anti-fascists from around the world, Antifa details the tactics of the movement and the philosophy behind it, offering insight into the growing but little-understood resistance fighting back against fascism in all its guises.

And a review...

"Insurgent activist movements need spokesmen, intellectuals and apologists, and for the moment Mark Bray is filling in as all three... The book’s most enlightening contribution is on the history of anti-fascist efforts over the past century, but its most relevant for today is its justification for stifling speech and clobbering white supremacists."—Carlos Lozada, THE WASHINGTON POST
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment