Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why don't police issue triage after shooting someone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    That's it --- and you have to be very careful expressing desire to know ALL THE FACTS in the case, because the left fringe nutters here will jump all over you, accusing you of DEFENDING the killing, or TRYING TO BLAME the victim.
    You can only seek out ALL FACTS if they support the liberal narrative - GOD FORBID you should find something that doesn't fit the narrative, and post it, EVEN WITH disclaimers.
    Is it really that bad to agree with us about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      Is it really that bad to agree with us about it?
      What, specifically, is "it"?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What, specifically, is "it"?
        The thing you were seemingly outraged about.

Pray tell, what is different about the "conservative" narrative vs the "liberal" narrative. Is the thing that happened wronger in one or the other?

"That's it --- and you have to be very careful expressing desire to know ALL THE FACTS in the case, because the left fringe nutters here will jump all over you, accusing you of DEFENDING the killing, or TRYING TO BLAME the victim.
        You can only seek out ALL FACTS if they support the liberal narrative - GOD FORBID you should find something that doesn't fit the narrative, and post it, EVEN WITH disclaimers. "

Comment

The thing you were seemingly outraged about.
          I never get outraged.

Pray tell, what is different about the "conservative" narrative vs the "liberal" narrative. Is the thing that happened wronger in one or the other?
          "Tell the truth" would be my narrative -- gather all the facts and let's see where they lead us.

(I think the rest of your post was my words, without the quote function )
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I never get outraged.
            What do you call the use of ALL CAPS then?

"Tell the truth" would be my narrative -- gather all the facts and let's see where they lead us.

(I think the rest of your post was my words, without the quote function )
            Then why do you hesitate to do that. I'm sorry Cow Poke, I know you're a cop, and what's happening involves your profession. But nothing here has anything to do with you. I'm sorry you're getting tired of calling it out. I'm glad you're one of the few conservatives who will loudly decry it and keep doing it. Because honestly? I don't see much of anyone else doing it. And that freaks me out.

Comment

What do you call the use of ALL CAPS then?
              Cause I'm an old fart. I grew up with the motto "steady as she goes". I'm not an emotional person.

Then why do you hesitate to do that.
              Hesitate to do WHAT?

I'm sorry Cow Poke, I know you're a cop, and what's happening involves your profession. But nothing here has anything to do with you. I'm sorry you're getting tired of calling it out. I'm glad you're one of the few conservatives who will loudly decry it and keep doing it. Because honestly? I don't see much of anyone else doing it. And that freaks me out.
              OK, ya really lost me here.

Comment

Cause I'm an old fart. I grew up with the motto "steady as she goes". I'm not an emotional person.
                My generation considers it ANGRY SHOUT. Like you're so frustrated and angry you just have to write it IN ALL CAPS

Hesitate to do WHAT?
                I just don't get what the problem is in condemning it, even if it has to be done again and again for a while?

OK, ya really lost me here.
                It's my fault

Comment

My generation considers it ANGRY SHOUT. Like you're so frustrated and angry you just have to write it IN ALL CAPS
                  So, now you know.

I just don't get what the problem is in condemning it, even if it has to be done again and again for a while?
                  OK, please be more specific. What is it I'm not condemning?

It's my fault
                  Maybe it's because your national language is Portuguese up there in Finland.

Comment

OK, please be more specific. What is it I'm not condemning?
                    Maybe we're just talking past each other then. You said this

"That's it --- and you have to be very careful expressing desire to know ALL THE FACTS in the case, because the left fringe nutters here will jump all over you, accusing you of DEFENDING the killing, or TRYING TO BLAME the victim.
                    You can only seek out ALL FACTS if they support the liberal narrative - GOD FORBID you should find something that doesn't fit the narrative, and post it, EVEN WITH disclaimers. "

In what way doesn't that express frustration with having to condemn what happened?

Comment

Maybe we're just talking past each other then.
                      Or, and I don't mean this in any way disrespectfully -- a language barrier? Are you fluent in English? I mean, you type well, and... I just wonder if there are things getting lost in translation/culture.

You said this

I did! But it's always helpful to use the quote function, because there are those among us who take shameful liberties with "you said".

In what way doesn't that express frustration with having to condemn what happened?
                      OK, I'm still not understanding. I very CLEARLY condemned what happened. To the extent that I have said NUMEROUS times that, even in my wildest imagination, I can't think of a defense for what happened.
                      I condemn it in the strongest terms, to the extent that I even think the POLICE CHIEF should be fired, or resign.

My frustration is that we can't be honest about ALL the facts without the nutters jumping down our throats and accusing us of DEFENDING the bad actors and/or BLAMING the victim.

The truth, the whole truth, nothing but the truth -- ALL the facts, because that's what will come out at trial -- if it ever gets that far.

Comment

Or, and I don't mean this in any way disrespectfully -- a language barrier? Are you fluent in English? I mean, you type well, and... I just wonder if there are things getting lost in translation/culture.
                        I'm fully professionally fluent in english.

I did! But it's always helpful to use the quote function, because there are those among us who take shameful liberties with "you said".
                        I sometimes cut it down, but I never alter.

Which you're not prevented from doing by quoting.

OK, I'm still not understanding. I very CLEARLY condemned what happened. To the extent that I have said NUMEROUS times that, even in my wildest imagination, I can't think of a defense for what happened.
                        I condemn it in the strongest terms, to the extent that I even think the POLICE CHIEF should be fired, or resign.

My frustration is that we can't be honest about ALL the facts without the nutters jumping down our throats and accusing us of DEFENDING the bad actors and/or BLAMING the victim.

The truth, the whole truth, nothing but the truth -- ALL the facts, because that's what will come out at trial -- if it ever gets that far.
                        See the whole thread about Floyd testing positive for COVID-19 and having some meth in the system, and notice how some are using those facts. Can you at least see the point here?

Comment

I'm fully professionally fluent in english.
                          I would have thought so... just trying to figure out how we keep missing things.

I sometimes cut it down, but I never alter.
                          Wouldn't think you would.

Which you're not prevented from doing by quoting.
                          Not really getting that, but OK.

See the whole thread about Floyd testing positive for COVID-19 and having some meth in the system, and notice how some are using those facts. Can you at least see the point here?
                          My point would be that those are things that MAY come up in a trial, if it goes to trial. So why not put all the cards on the table, and deal with them?

In US law (and I'd expect pretty universally) you NEVER want to ask a witness a question to which you don't know the answer. And you NEVER want to be blind-sided at court with information of which you were unaware.

IF it's a fact that Floyd had meth in his system, that will come out at trial (if it goes there), so why be afraid of that? I have testified in court for HUNDREDS of hours, and I NEVER (sorry, I'm shouting again ) want somebody to spring something on me I didn't know, and sit there like an idiot, unable to answer. I want to know ALL the facts.

Comment

My point would be that those are things that MAY come up in a trial, if it goes to trial. So why not put all the cards on the table, and deal with them?

In US law (and I'd expect pretty universally) you NEVER want to ask a witness a question to which you don't know the answer. And you NEVER want to be blind-sided at court with information of which you were unaware.

IF it's a fact that Floyd had meth in his system, that will come out at trial (if it goes there), so why be afraid of that? I have testified in court for HUNDREDS of hours, and I NEVER (sorry, I'm shouting again ) want somebody to spring something on me I didn't know, and sit there like an idiot, unable to answer. I want to know ALL the facts.
                            All of that is fair game. If people had been doing that, I'd supported it.

But you're not answering my question. Considering how conservatives in that thread (not you because you're reasonable) are actually using those facts. Can you understand why we liberals "bristle" a bit.

Comment

Not really getting fat, but OK.

Comment

(and, too late for "not getting fat")

Yeah, when somebody tags it with "fify/nc" or something like that, I think it's fair.
                                But one thing the quote function DOES do is provide the hyperlink so one can jump to the actual quote IN CONTEXT.

Comment