Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Police Officials Under Pressure for NOT Preventing Looting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Officials Under Pressure for NOT Preventing Looting

Petition Calls for Recall of Santa Monica Police Chief Following Looting

resign.jpg

Petition circulating calling for the recall of Santa Monica Police Department Chief Cynthia Renaud

By Sam Catanzaro

Over 10,000 people have signed a petition calling for the immediate recall of Santa Monica’s police chief following widespread looting that occurred on Sunday.

The Santa Monica Police Department (SMPD) has arrested over 450 people who have taken advantage of peaceful protests by looting and vandalizing hundreds of local businesses.

41 were made Monday and 438 were made on Sunday, according to the City, who has recorded 347 damage reports, including 84 reports of graffiti and 292 reports of damage to retail businesses, of which 155 indicated significant damage.

Despite these arrests, a petition is circulating calling on SMPD Chief Cynthia Renaud to be recalled due to the Department’s handling of the looting.

“After seeing the widespread looting and vandalism of our city and local businesses, we can do better. After seeing our brave law enforcement officers stand by without strong leadership or overarching strategy to protect themselves, our city, and its citizens, we have to do better. After seeing SMPD Chief Cynthia Renaud conduct a blundering press conference that was completely misaligned with the current realities, we must do better,” reads the petition, which as of Monday 1 p.m. had over 1,000 supporters. “We need and deserve strong, resounding leadership in Santa Monica’s police force, particularly during today’s volatile times. SMPD Chief Cynthia Renaud has proven incapable of responding to that call effectively. For the sake of our community and public safety, we need to remove Cynthia Renaud from her position immediately.”

As of 4:40 p.m. Tuesday, the petition has collected over 12,000 signatures. ...
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I'm thinking wealthy and upper class liberals here in places like Santa Monica and The Grove, who love to virtue signal on social media about how pro gun control and PC they are, are getting a huge wake-up call. The world isn't always a nice and neat orderly place, and the second amendment can protect you when it isn't. The police can't always.
    Last edited by seanD; 06-03-2020, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      I'm thinking wealthy and upper class liberals here in places like Santa Monica and The Grove, who love to virtue signal on social media about how pro gun control and PC they are, are getting a huge wake-up call. The world isn't always a nice and neat orderly place, and the second amendment can protect you when it isn't. The police can't always.
      Just out of curiosity, and hopefully without diverting the thread, what is your background with firearms? Do you own any? How often do you shoot them?

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        Just out of curiosity, and hopefully without diverting the thread, what is your background with firearms? Do you own any? How often do you shoot them?
        I never discuss private matters like that on the internet for obvious reasons. At least, I would assume it's obvious.

Comment

Oh, PICK ME, PICK ME!!!!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I never discuss private matters like that on the internet for obvious reasons. At least, I would assume it's obvious.
            Ok, I didn't mean to pry. Just curious since I see you beating that 2A drum all of a sudden.

CP, feel free to share if you'd like. Somehow I anticipate your answer will be the model of a responsible gun owner.

Comment

Ok, I didn't mean to pry. Just curious since I see you beating that 2A drum all of a sudden.

CP, feel free to share if you'd like. Somehow I anticipate your answer will be the model of a responsible gun owner.
              Gosh, um...

Comment

Um... I've always "beat the drum" in support of 2A here. Nothing's changed about that whatsoever. And a responsible gun owner doesn't go around discussing what firearms they own to anonymous folks on the internet IMHO. But that's just me.

Comment

On a rather comical note, I did mention one time that I had a "poor man's safe room", where I kept any weapons I may or may not have in a bathroom closet, along with my wife's (at the time) "controlled substance drugs" for her cancer, and one of our local liberal extremist nutters went all ape-poop, mocking me for being in a panic and having a concrete bunker stocked with an armory because hoards of rioters were going to come....

It was precious.

One of the MAIN reasons for the "safe room" was to keep the guns I may or may not have and drugs away from grandkids who frequently visit, and spend the night.

Comment

As the saying goes, the right to bear arms is necessary to defend our other rights.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      One of the MAIN reasons for the "safe room" was to keep the guns I may or may not have and drugs away from grandkids who frequently visit, and spend the night.
                      I can identify with that.

Comment

C'mon Sean, be honest.

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

I distinctly recall you telling me that you buried your rocket launcher and your 50 cal MG in a cache in DivineOb's back yard.

...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment