Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Is America Great Again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
    Well, I think they would say it's mainly the left, abetted by weak and ineffective Republicans ('cuckservatives').

GE= the God Emperor, i.e. Trump. A term chosen I think from Warhammer 40,000 and aimed at annoying moderates and lefties.
    Quote might also be from the Dune series of books by Frank Herbert. One was God, Emperor of Dune​ which predates Warhammer.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
      Not to mention hope and change (and yes, I voted for Obama)
      I thought Obama's slogan was "change we can believe in"? I'm not quite sure what he changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        I thought Obama's slogan was "change we can believe in"? I'm not quite sure what he changed.
        Both were used by Obama. Hope and change was frequently found on his campaign posters.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
          Quote might also be from the Dune series of books by Frank Herbert. One was God, Emperor of Dune​ which predates Warhammer.
          God Emperor of Dune dates from 1981 and the "God Emperor" was Leto II (Paul Atreides son) after he became a mixture of both Sand Worm and human and ruled the universe for several thousand years. The game Warhammer 40,000 is also from the 1980s but from 1987.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
            Both were used by Obama. Hope and change was frequently found on his campaign posters.
            That's why a number of wags would joke about how they hope they will have some spare change left after Obama is done.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              It would be if it weren't for the liberals constantly dragging it back into the swamp.
              Next comes the part where the dictator insists that only *they* can fix the problem but they need *even more* power to do so. Rinse and repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                God Emperor of Dune dates from 1981 and the "God Emperor" was Leto II (Paul Atreides son) after he became a mixture of both Sand Worm and human and ruled the universe for several thousand years. The game Warhammer 40,000 is also from the 1980s but from 1987.
                Pretty sure the term been around quite a bit longer than that. Frank Herbert didn't invent it.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Pretty sure the term been around quite a bit longer than that. Frank Herbert didn't invent it.
                  Also correct -- at least in concept

Comment

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy.

If THAT ain't the pure and simple.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      God is great, beer is good and people are crazy.

If THAT ain't the pure and simple.
                      plot-hole.jpg

Comment

America will remain great. But it is because the people will keep it great and not leave things in the hands of politicians.

We do have to wake up to the incompetence of the government and the lies of the media. We have to rise to the occasion and help people recover without the "help" of the government and media.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                          America will remain great. But it is because the people will keep it great and not leave things in the hands of politicians.

We do have to wake up to the incompetence of the government and the lies of the media. We have to rise to the occasion and help people recover without the "help" of the government and media.
                          Ok I'll play. What specific thing should I do today to accomplish that?

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                            Ok I'll play. What specific thing should I do today to accomplish that?
                            Why do you call this a "play" thing? It is more of a survival thing at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                              Why do you call this a "play" thing? It is more of a survival thing at this point.
                              It's me saying "Let's explore this" even though I disagree with your premise.

Comment

The problem with the slogan is that it implies that America isn't currently great.

Comment