Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 119

Thread: Floyd Tested Positive for Covid

  1. #61
    tWebber Chrawnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,336
    Amen (Given)
    5419
    Amen (Received)
    3952
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Yes, this is exactly what MaxVel and MM are here to do and it is so painfully obvious that one wonders how they themselves can sleep at night. But I am afraid they believe they are fighting the good fight.
    I can believe that someone could come to that conclusion while reading MM's posts because of his abrasive style. I disagree with it, but I understand why someone might come to that conclusion.


    But anyone who seriously reads MaxVel's posts and comes away with the conclusion that he's simply here to "make the case these black victims deserve less of our compassion than it appears they should" is seriously delusional and should excuse themselves from the discussion because they're clearly unable to contribute anything valuable to the discussion.

  2. Amen MaxVel, Mountain Man amen'd this post.
  3. #62
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,876
    Amen (Given)
    772
    Amen (Received)
    2073
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post
    I can believe that someone could come to that conclusion while reading MM's posts because of his abrasive style. I disagree with it, but I understand why someone might come to that conclusion.


    But anyone who seriously reads MaxVel's posts and comes away with the conclusion that he's simply here to "make the case these black victims deserve less of our compassion than it appears they should" is seriously delusional and should excuse themselves from the discussion because they're clearly unable to contribute anything valuable to the discussion.
    I would agree maxvel is not of the same Ilk as MM. He often tries to make real arguments that support what his views are. Often spending a good deal of time it would seem composing his response.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  4. Amen whag, MaxVel amen'd this post.
  5. #63
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    64,756
    Amen (Given)
    14031
    Amen (Received)
    28887
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    The evidence is in the thread. The majority of the posts dealing with 'the facts' are targeting flaws in the victims. That is what I am responding to, that is what I am basing my criticism on. I've seen no extended discussion on the fact Floyd's killer had 18 incidents of excessive force on his record.
    I have said over and over and over that I can't even CONCEIVE of any justification for Chauvin to do what he did. What further need be said?

    But there is an entire thread devoted to the fact Floyd might have had covid, with a heavy dose of discussion on what drugs were in his system.
    Wow, "an entire thread". Jim, this is a discussion board, and it's not intended to be completely one-sided. Perhaps you should start your own board where you totally control ALL content, and ONLY allow posts that support your thoughts, ideas and beliefs.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  6. #64
    tWebber Ronson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    899
    Amen (Given)
    129
    Amen (Received)
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    The evidence is in the thread. The majority of the posts dealing with 'the facts' are targeting flaws in the victims. That is what I am responding to, that is what I am basing my criticism on. I've seen no extended discussion on the fact Floyd's killer had 18 incidents of excessive force on his record. But there is an entire thread devoted to the fact Floyd might have had covid, with a heavy dose of discussion on what drugs were in his system...
    I started that thread because it was a news item that day. There was no news item about Chauvin's 18 incidents of excessive force. You could have started a thread about it, though.

  7. #65
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    64,756
    Amen (Given)
    14031
    Amen (Received)
    28887
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    I started that thread because it was a news item that day. There was no news item about Chauvin's 18 incidents of excessive force. You could have started a thread about it, though.
    I believe I had actually mentioned that earlier on, including the fact that there were others at the scene with complaints against them, and that at least SOME of these complaints had risen to the level of Internal Affairs assessing judgments against them.

    I Am Not Afraid Of Facts.



    (I had typed that as "I Am Not Afraid of FATS". )
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  8. #66
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    60,933
    Amen (Given)
    1235
    Amen (Received)
    22023
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I believe I had actually mentioned that earlier on, including the fact that there were others at the scene with complaints against them, and that at least SOME of these complaints had risen to the level of Internal Affairs assessing judgments against them.

    I Am Not Afraid Of Facts.



    (I had typed that as "I Am Not Afraid of FATS". )
    To be properly "with it" you should have picked #IAmNotAfraidOfFacts

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

  9. #67
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    64,756
    Amen (Given)
    14031
    Amen (Received)
    28887
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    To be properly "with it" you should have picked #IAmNotAfraidOfFacts
    Laughing, as I typed that, I actually thought I should hashtag it, because my daughter #HashtagsPracticallyEVERYTHING.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  10. #68
    tWebber MaxVel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    It's hot!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,871
    Amen (Given)
    1470
    Amen (Received)
    2037
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I would agree maxvel is not of the same Ilk as MM. He often tries to make real arguments that support what his views are. Often spending a good deal of time it would seem composing his response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus
    But anyone who seriously reads MaxVel's posts and comes away with the conclusion that he's simply here to "make the case these black victims deserve less of our compassion than it appears they should" is seriously delusional and should excuse themselves from the discussion because they're clearly unable to contribute anything valuable to the discussion.
    Why thank you, guys.
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

  11. #69
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    64,756
    Amen (Given)
    14031
    Amen (Received)
    28887
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVel View Post
    Why thank you, guys.
    You're still a poopiehead.


    (no, wait -- that's Sparko! )
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  12. #70
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    60,933
    Amen (Given)
    1235
    Amen (Received)
    22023
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You're still a poopiehead.


    (no, wait -- that's Sparko! )
    You and Sparko are nincompoopieheads™

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •