Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Defund Police...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    It looks like Rep. Ilhan Omar has not just endorsed the idea of disbanding the city of Minneapolis' police department but seems to be onboard with Steve Fletcher's ideas about "reimagin[ing] what public safety means" which means "reinvest in cultural competency and mental health training, de-escalation and conflict resolution."
    I bet she does. She's a terrorist sympathizer.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I heard about COPS this morning. I thought they went off the air four or five years ago. They were on for 32 years.
      THREE TWO YEARS -- like 32... like THIRTY TWO?????? for REAL????
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Yeah me too! I stopped watching the show some time ago - maybe ten years? - and was surprised they were still airing.
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Yeah I think they did go off for a while a few years ago, then they brought it back. Probably will do it again in the future.

I like LivePD better though, they do follow through and tell you what happens after the clip ends. On COPS you never know what happens.
          Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          From the Dingy Gray Trollop (a.k.a., New York Times)

Source: �Cops,� Long-Running Reality Show That Glorified Police, Is Canceled

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• This is turning into a bad post apocalyptic movie, like "escape from New York" or "the Purge"

Protesters kick out cops and set up six-block 'autonomous zone' as a memorial to George Floyd before taking over Seattle City Hall to demand mayor's resignation

Around 300 protesters marched inside the lobby at around 9p.m. Tuesday, carrying Black Lives Matter banners and chanting 'Durkan must go!'
            The group was led by Seattle City Councilmember Kshama Sawant who unlocked the building and welcomed the protesters inside
            The crowd stayed around an hour before marching to the autonomous zone
            Protesters took over a six-block radius around the East Police Precinct Monday calling it the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone, after cops retreated from the area
            Calls are mounting for Mayor Jenny Durkan to resign from her role

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-violence.html

Seattle protesters declare 'cop free zone' after police leave precincthttps://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-p...leave-precinct

Comment

This is turning into a bad post apocalyptic movie, like "escape from New York" or "the Purge"

Protesters kick out cops and set up six-block 'autonomous zone' as a memorial to George Floyd before taking over Seattle City Hall to demand mayor's resignation
              Seems to be going as expected...

Comment

Seems to be going as expected...

I don't see how this will end well.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

This is turning into a bad post apocalyptic movie, like "escape from New York" or "the Purge"

Around 300 protesters marched inside the lobby at around 9p.m. Tuesday, carrying Black Lives Matter banners and chanting 'Durkan must go!'
                  The group was led by Seattle City Councilmember Kshama Sawant who unlocked the building and welcomed the protesters inside
                  The crowd stayed around an hour before marching to the autonomous zone
                  Protesters took over a six-block radius around the East Police Precinct Monday calling it the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone, after cops retreated from the area
                  Calls are mounting for Mayor Jenny Durkan to resign from her role

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-violence.html

Seattle protesters declare 'cop free zone' after police leave precincthttps://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-p...leave-precinct
                  JimL approves this action.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It is funny, I work with a liberal who has mostly been in the middle of the road - talking to him this morning he is now in favor of removing the statues of Jefferson, Washington and Madison. He has gone off the deep end...
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                      It is funny, I work with a liberal who has mostly been in the middle of the road - talking to him this morning he is now in favor of removing the statues of Jefferson, Washington and Madison. He has gone off the deep end...
                      When I was in youth ministry, one of the things I learned was that, quite often, when kids get together, they will do stupid things that NONE of them would do alone.
                      Once the first stupid thing is done, somebody else seems to want to top it.

Social media is providing the means to do that ON STEROIDS!

Comment

This is just police REFORM, Cow Poke! Not dismantling. Apparently they are now trying to "defund" City Hall and the Mayor.

Comment

This is just police REFORM, Cow Poke! Not dismantling. Apparently they are now trying to "defund" City Hall and the Mayor.
                          I wonder if Jim will ever sober up enough to realize what a colossal mistake he made in trying to defend this anarchy.

Camden NJ - well thought out by calm reasonable intelligent people, strategically planned, carefully implemented, more than satisfactory results -- CP approves.
                          Minneapolis NN - angrily thrown together by a bunch of blooming idiots, no thought whatsoever for the chaos it will bring, idiots in charge - JimL approves.

Comment

When I was in youth ministry, one of the things I learned was that, quite often, when kids get together, they will do stupid things that NONE of them would do alone.
                            Once the first stupid thing is done, somebody else seems to want to top it.

Social media is providing the means to do that ON STEROIDS!
                            I am seriously starting to worry about our country. I see one of three things happening

1. The crazies take over and turn our country into a third-world country
                            2. The Government over-reacts and turns us into a military dictatorship in order to quell the nutjobs
                            3. People will see how crazy the left has gotten and the country will swing back to a more conservative stance and stop the crazy left ourselves.

Obviously I am hoping for #3, but I fear 1 or 2 will happen.

Comment

I am seriously starting to worry about our country. I see one of three things happening

1. The crazies take over and turn our country into a third-world country
                              2. The Government over-reacts and turns us into a military dictatorship in order to quell the nutjobs
                              3. People will see how crazy the left has gotten and the country will swing back to a more conservative stance and stop the crazy left ourselves.

Obviously I am hoping for #3, but I fear 1 or 2 will happen.
                              I am REALLY hoping that the "moderates" (if there are any left) and the Independents (be they moderates or not) will wake up and see where all this "social justice" crap leads.
                              The anarchist MOE-rons (thanks, Reba) may actually be doing us a favor.

I just wish to God we had a POTUS who would be skilled at responding to this -- it could be an OVERWHELMING victory for conservatives if handled right.

Comment

I am REALLY hoping that the "moderates" (if there are any left) and the Independents (be they moderates or not) will wake up and see where all this "social justice" crap leads.
                                The anarchist MOE-rons (thanks, Reba) may actually be doing us a favor.

I just wish to God we had a POTUS who would be skilled at responding to this -- it could be an OVERWHELMING victory for conservatives if handled right.
                                I agree with that. Trump just seems to be stirring up MORE trouble instead of solving it.

We could use a Ronald Reagan right now.

Comment