Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ukrainian prosecutors find no evidence against Hunter Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ukrainian prosecutors find no evidence against Hunter Biden

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...P=share_btn_tw

An audit of thousands of old case files by Ukrainian prosecutors found no evidence of wrongdoing on the part of Hunter Biden, the former prosecutor general, who had launched the audit, told Reuters.

Ruslan Ryaboshapka was in the spotlight last year as the man who would decide whether to launch an investigation into former vice president Joe Biden and his son Hunter, in what became a key issue in the impeachment of President Donald Trump.

President Volodymyr Zelenskiy described Ryaboshapka as “100 percent my person” on a call in July 2019 in which Trump asked Zelenskiy to investigate Biden, the man who became his main rival in the 2020 presidential race.

“Regarding the call to Zelenskiy and this story with Burisma. I can say that there was no pressure on me,” Ryaboshapka said. “The audit was completed.”

“I specifically asked prosecutors to check especially carefully those facts about Biden’s alleged involvement. They answered that there was nothing of the kind,” he added.

I'll wait for conservative outhouse to explain why this doesn't actually mean anything. In the meantime I'll celebrate a great outcome for Biden and another humiliation for the worst president we've ever had.

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post

An audit of thousands of old case files by Ukrainian prosecutors found no evidence of wrongdoing on the part of Hunter Biden, the former prosecutor general, who had launched the audit, told Reuters.

Ruslan Ryaboshapka was in the spotlight last year as the man who would decide whether to launch an investigation into former vice president Joe Biden and his son Hunter, in what became a key issue in the impeachment of President Donald Trump.

President Volodymyr Zelenskiy described Ryaboshapka as “100 percent my person” on a call in July 2019 in which Trump asked Zelenskiy to investigate Biden, the man who became his main rival in the 2020 presidential race.

“Regarding the call to Zelenskiy and this story with Burisma. I can say that there was no pressure on me,” Ryaboshapka said. “The audit was completed.”

“I specifically asked prosecutors to check especially carefully those facts about Biden’s alleged involvement. They answered that there was nothing of the kind,” he added.

I'll wait for conservative outhouse to explain why this doesn't actually mean anything. In the meantime I'll celebrate a great outcome for Biden and another humiliation for the worst president we've ever had.
    I am afraid what you are going to wait for will be alternative facts.
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Why would you celebrate in favor of Hunter? Is it just an "us vs. them" partisan thing? The dude is a crackhead who obviously gets set up on international corporate boards because of who his dad is, not because of any experience he has. The Ukraine company head turned out to be corrupt. I mean, I think it's disgusting the privilege Trump's kin is shown, which reflects the type of privilege elites typically get. I don't celebrate that type of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
        Why would you celebrate in favor of Hunter? Is it just an "us vs. them" partisan thing? The dude is a crackhead who obviously gets set up on international corporate boards because of who his dad is, not because of any experience he has. The Ukraine company head turned out to be corrupt. I mean, I think it's disgusting the privilege Trump's kin is shown, which reflects the type of privilege elites typically get. I don't celebrate that type of thing.
        I celebrate in favor of justice being done. And I celebrate the fact that Trump's attempt to smear Biden has utterly failed and blown up in his face. And I celebrate UKR showing how desperate they are to move beyond their corrupt Eastern Bloc past.

Calling Hunter a "crackhead" only reflects poorly on you and your spiritual life.

Comment

I always thought this was a dry hole. Even if it wasn't, any wrong doing would have been too vague or nuanced to use politically.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I celebrate in favor of justice being done. And I celebrate the fact that Trump's attempt to smear Biden has utterly failed and blown up in his face. And I celebrate UKR showing how desperate they are to move beyond their corrupt Eastern Bloc past.

Calling Hunter a "crackhead" only reflects poorly on you and your spiritual life.
            He's not a crackhead? Okay, then, I guess facts have become insulting now. I grew up in the hood. That's just the term we use for those who use cocaine.

Comment

He's not a crackhead? Okay, then, I guess facts have become insulting now. I grew up in the hood. That's just the term we use for those who use cocaine.
              It's blatant well poisoning. Just like if I insisted on calling W a drunk.

Comment

The problem is that the accusation was nothing more than a trolling distraction. Republicans never cared about Hunter Biden's supposed corruption; they were just virtue signaling to their orange overlord.

And now that this story broke, you can be sure they'll begin repeating the accusation as soon as Trump does.

Comment

I just thought it was hilarious because it was obviously a partisan "gotcha" thing. The guy was a crackhead who worked for a corrupt Ukrainian Oligarch because of who is dad is. "We win!" Your OP was so obvious, it was just funny.

Comment

I just thought it was hilarious because it was obviously a partisan "gotcha" thing. The guy was a crackhead who worked for a corrupt Ukrainian Oligarch because of who is dad is. "We win!" Your OP was so obvious, it was just funny.
                    I'm old enough to remember when a president got impeached over trying to get this investigation. To try to downplay this is just RWNJ in(s)anity.

Comment

I'm old enough to remember when a president got impeached over trying to get this investigation. To try to downplay this is just RWNJ in(s)anity.
                      I'm not downplaying anything. You're downplaying who Hunter is and you think that's a win. That's funny to me.

Comment

ISTM there's several possibilities:

1. There truly was nothing to see here, Hunter did nothing wrong.
                        2. There was something there but it is or got hidden well enough they didn't find anything.
                        3. There was something there, and they found it but, they are hedging their bets in case if Joe gets elected POTUS.
                        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

According to sean, W was a crackhead as well. Bet he never called him that though!

Comment

I'm not sure what was supposed to be found. Impropriety is not a crime.

What would you say if Donald Trump Jr. was sitting on the board of Gazprom as an "advisor" making $30K per month?

Comment

I don't think Hunter was ever accused of wrongdoing. He was on the board making big bucks for no work because Birisna was using his connection to the White House to get favors from the Obama administration, and it paid off big time when Quid Pro Joe showed up and threatend to withhold promised funds if the Ukrainian government didn't fire the prosecutor who was messin' with his boy.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment