Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ukrainian prosecutors find no evidence against Hunter Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Other than being a degenerate who was given a cushy job because of who his daddy is, no. It's Creepy Joe's actions on behalf of his son that have always been the issue.
    I guess I'm still a bit lost. The purpose of the investigations Trump was strong arming UKR into opening was to demonstrate that Shokin was actually clean and that Burisma was actually dirty? Then the case could be made that Biden pushed for Shokin's removal just so he could protect Hunter's job on the Burisma board?

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
      I guess I'm still a bit lost. The purpose of the investigations Trump was strong arming UKR into opening was to demonstrate that Shokin was actually clean and that Burisma was actually dirty? Then the case could be made that Biden pushed for Shokin's removal just so he could protect Hunter's job on the Burisma board?
      We know Burisma was dirty. The suspicion is that Biden got Shokin fired to protect Zlochevsky. It was quid pro quo. Zlochevsky, who was a corrupt oligarch, hired Hunter with a nice cushy job and insane pay with the promise that Biden would give him cover if need be. Which is why it doesn't make any sense to assume Biden got Shokin fired because he WASN'T investigating Zlochevsky. Why would Biden want the company his son worked for investigated, which is the argument we hear from the left? In fact, this whole Hunter investigation looks like a red herring.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
        We know Burisma was dirty. The suspicion is that Biden got Shokin fired to protect Zlochevsky. It was quid pro quo. Zlochevsky, who was a corrupt oligarch, hired Hunter with a nice cushy job and insane pay with the promise that Biden would give him cover if need be. Which is why it doesn't make any sense to assume Biden got Shokin fired because he WASN'T investigating Zlochevsky. Why would Biden want the company his son worked for investigated, which is the argument we hear from the left? In fact, this whole Hunter investigation looks like a red herring.
        So what was the scope and purpose of the investigations Trump was pushing for in UKR?

Comment

So what was the scope and purpose of the investigations Trump was pushing for in UKR?
          I just stated it.

Comment

I just stated it.
            Ok so we all agree that Zlochevsky was dirty.

The investigations should have been launched to show that Shokin was clean? Or merely to show that he was removed *because* he was going to investigate Zlochevsky?

And no investigation of Burisma itself fits into the picture?

Comment

Or merely to show that he was removed *because* he was going to investigate Zlochevsky?
              Ding!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                It's a family business with the Biden's. His brother got a high paying job where his only qualification was that he was Joe's brother -- something the owners were very open about saying they thought it would help in securing government contracts.
                And you know if the last name was Trump instead of Biden, liberals would be howling from the rooftops about corruption and nepotism.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  And you know if the last name was Trump instead of Biden, liberals would be howling from the rooftops about corruption and nepotism.
                  Ha Ha, nepotism in the Trump administration. How dare you suggest such a thing!

Comment

Ding!
                    So why couldn't Trump just say that that was the reason he held back the UKR aid? And why couldn't he just be explicit about this in his phone call with Zelensky?

ETA:
                    Here's a partial summary of the call from the Wikipedia entry on this subject

On September 25, the administration released the White House's five-page, declassified memorandum of the July 25 phone call between Trump and Zelensky.[175][176][177][a] In the call, Trump pressed for an investigation into the Bidens and CrowdStrike, saying: "I would like to have the [U.S.] Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it."[176] Trump falsely told Zelensky "Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution" of his son, Hunter; Biden did not stop any prosecution, did not brag about doing so, and there is no evidence his son was ever under investigation.[178]

This is the exact opposite of what you and MM are saying.
                    Last edited by DivineOb; 06-06-2020, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                      The corrupt Prosecutor General Shokin had shelved the investigation into Burisma in 2014, he was fired two years after in 2016 because of his own corruption and the entire western worlds, including the IMF's, refusal to financially support Ukraine unless he was fired. He was fired because he wasn't doing his job to root out corruption, not because he was doing his job. You need to start fact checking your sources, MM.
                      You tell me to "fact check" and then don't bother providing a source. That's rich.

The investigation was active at the time Shokin was fired. In fact, a Burisma higher up had recently had his home raided by investigators, which is what prompted Hunter to contact the White House to see if they could get Shokin off the case. Coincidentally (yeah, right ), Shokin had named Hunter as a target of the investigation and was planning to bring him in for questioning when Joe "You smell nice" Biden showed and coerced Ukraine into firing Shokin.

As usual, this is not speculation or guesswork. We know it happened.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign...wYDEV8.twitter
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

So why couldn't Trump just say that that was the reason he held back the UKR aid? And why couldn't he just be explicit about this in his phone call with Zelensky?
                        I don't know if that IS the reason Trump held back the aid, or if he even did hold back any aid. I haven't really followed that back and fourth thing closely because it bored me for the most part. And even if he did hold back the aid for that reason, I don't see anything wrong if we was inquiring about corruption taking place in a country he was sending aid to. But I really am not going to take that any further because, like I said, that subject bores me. I believe the situation was brought to our attention by Giuliani and certain investigative journalists.

Comment

I don't know if that IS the reason Trump held back the aid, or if he even did hold back any aid. I haven't really followed that back and fourth thing closely because it bored me for the most part. And even if he did hold back the aid for that reason, I don't see anything wrong if we was inquiring about corruption taking place in a country he was sending aid to. But I really am not going to take that any further because, like I said, that subject bores me. I believe the situation was brought to our attention by Giuliani and certain investigative journalists.
                          For one thing it was wrong because it is against the law to withhold Congressionally appropriated funds without notifying Congress as to the reason why. I think we can all understand why he didn't notify Congress.

Comment

My point is that you seem to be misunderstanding what is the alleged wrongdoing on Biden's part despite being confident in that he is guilty. It's not entirely your fault since MM is trying hard to rewrite history which is probably confusing (it has been for me).

Comment

ETA:
                              Here's a partial summary of the call from the Wikipedia entry on this subject

On September 25, the administration released the White House's five-page, declassified memorandum of the July 25 phone call between Trump and Zelensky.[175][176][177][a] In the call, Trump pressed for an investigation into the Bidens and CrowdStrike, saying: "I would like to have the [U.S.] Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it."[176] Trump falsely told Zelensky "Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution" of his son, Hunter; Biden did not stop any prosecution, did not brag about doing so, and there is no evidence his son was ever under investigation.[178]

This is the exact opposite of what you and MM are saying.
                              Wiki is wrong or just lying. MM posted the freaking video of Biden bragging about getting Shokin fired in this very thread and you even responded to that post.

Comment

My point is that you seem to be misunderstanding what is the alleged wrongdoing on Biden's part despite being confident in that he is guilty. It's not entirely your fault since MM is trying hard to rewrite history which is probably confusing (it has been for me).
                                There's no confusion. You're the only one that seems to be confused. We know Zlochevsky was corrupt. We know Zlochevsky ran a company Biden's son Hunter worked for. We know Biden got Shokin fired. What we don't know is why Biden got Shokin fired.

The logical conclusion is that Biden got Shokin fired because he was investigating Zlochevsky and his company. The left says Biden got Shokin fired because he WASN'T investigating Zlochevsky and his company.

Which one makes more sense to you?

Comment