Thread: Ukrainian prosecutors find no evidence against Hunter Biden

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Ukrainian prosecutors find no evidence against Hunter Biden

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...P=share_btn_tw

An audit of thousands of old case files by Ukrainian prosecutors found no evidence of wrongdoing on the part of Hunter Biden, the former prosecutor general, who had launched the audit, told Reuters.

Ruslan Ryaboshapka was in the spotlight last year as the man who would decide whether to launch an investigation into former vice president Joe Biden and his son Hunter, in what became a key issue in the impeachment of President Donald Trump.

President Volodymyr Zelenskiy described Ryaboshapka as “100 percent my person” on a call in July 2019 in which Trump asked Zelenskiy to investigate Biden, the man who became his main rival in the 2020 presidential race.

“Regarding the call to Zelenskiy and this story with Burisma. I can say that there was no pressure on me,” Ryaboshapka said. “The audit was completed.”

“I specifically asked prosecutors to check especially carefully those facts about Biden’s alleged involvement. They answered that there was nothing of the kind,” he added.

I'll wait for conservative outhouse to explain why this doesn't actually mean anything. In the meantime I'll celebrate a great outcome for Biden and another humiliation for the worst president we've ever had.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post

An audit of thousands of old case files by Ukrainian prosecutors found no evidence of wrongdoing on the part of Hunter Biden, the former prosecutor general, who had launched the audit, told Reuters.

Ruslan Ryaboshapka was in the spotlight last year as the man who would decide whether to launch an investigation into former vice president Joe Biden and his son Hunter, in what became a key issue in the impeachment of President Donald Trump.

President Volodymyr Zelenskiy described Ryaboshapka as “100 percent my person” on a call in July 2019 in which Trump asked Zelenskiy to investigate Biden, the man who became his main rival in the 2020 presidential race.

“Regarding the call to Zelenskiy and this story with Burisma. I can say that there was no pressure on me,” Ryaboshapka said. “The audit was completed.”

“I specifically asked prosecutors to check especially carefully those facts about Biden’s alleged involvement. They answered that there was nothing of the kind,” he added.

I'll wait for conservative outhouse to explain why this doesn't actually mean anything. In the meantime I'll celebrate a great outcome for Biden and another humiliation for the worst president we've ever had.
    I am afraid what you are going to wait for will be alternative facts.
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Why would you celebrate in favor of Hunter? Is it just an "us vs. them" partisan thing? The dude is a crackhead who obviously gets set up on international corporate boards because of who his dad is, not because of any experience he has. The Ukraine company head turned out to be corrupt. I mean, I think it's disgusting the privilege Trump's kin is shown, which reflects the type of privilege elites typically get. I don't celebrate that type of thing.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Why would you celebrate in favor of Hunter? Is it just an "us vs. them" partisan thing? The dude is a crackhead who obviously gets set up on international corporate boards because of who his dad is, not because of any experience he has. The Ukraine company head turned out to be corrupt. I mean, I think it's disgusting the privilege Trump's kin is shown, which reflects the type of privilege elites typically get. I don't celebrate that type of thing.
    I celebrate in favor of justice being done. And I celebrate the fact that Trump's attempt to smear Biden has utterly failed and blown up in his face. And I celebrate UKR showing how desperate they are to move beyond their corrupt Eastern Bloc past.

Calling Hunter a "crackhead" only reflects poorly on you and your spiritual life.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I always thought this was a dry hole. Even if it wasn't, any wrong doing would have been too vague or nuanced to use politically.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I celebrate in favor of justice being done. And I celebrate the fact that Trump's attempt to smear Biden has utterly failed and blown up in his face. And I celebrate UKR showing how desperate they are to move beyond their corrupt Eastern Bloc past.

Calling Hunter a "crackhead" only reflects poorly on you and your spiritual life.
    He's not a crackhead? Okay, then, I guess facts have become insulting now. I grew up in the hood. That's just the term we use for those who use cocaine.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    He's not a crackhead? Okay, then, I guess facts have become insulting now. I grew up in the hood. That's just the term we use for those who use cocaine.
    It's blatant well poisoning. Just like if I insisted on calling W a drunk.

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

The problem is that the accusation was nothing more than a trolling distraction. Republicans never cared about Hunter Biden's supposed corruption; they were just virtue signaling to their orange overlord.

And now that this story broke, you can be sure they'll begin repeating the accusation as soon as Trump does.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It's blatant well poisoning. Just like if I insisted on calling W a drunk.
    I just thought it was hilarious because it was obviously a partisan "gotcha" thing. The guy was a crackhead who worked for a corrupt Ukrainian Oligarch because of who is dad is. "We win!" Your OP was so obvious, it was just funny.

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I just thought it was hilarious because it was obviously a partisan "gotcha" thing. The guy was a crackhead who worked for a corrupt Ukrainian Oligarch because of who is dad is. "We win!" Your OP was so obvious, it was just funny.
    I'm old enough to remember when a president got impeached over trying to get this investigation. To try to downplay this is just RWNJ in(s)anity.