Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ukrainian prosecutors find no evidence against Hunter Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I don't think Hunter was ever accused of wrongdoing. He was on the board making big bucks for no work because Birisna was using his connection to the White House to get favors from the Obama administration, and it paid off big time when Quid Pro Joe showed up and threatend to withhold promised funds if the Ukrainian government didn't fire the prosecutor who was messin' with his boy.
    The "scandal" is that Biden forced UKR to fire Shokin because he was investigating Burisma. The claim is that Biden did this to protect his son. To protect his son from what? From his son's wrongdoing being discovered. After all, if there was no wrongdoing to be discovered why would Biden force UKR to fire Shokin? Now that Hunter is cleared we know that Shokin wasn't fired to protect Hunter.

It is the height of dishonesty to claim that no one accused Hunter of wrongdoing.

Comment

I don't think Hunter was ever accused of wrongdoing. He was on the board making big bucks for no work because Birisna was using his connection to the White House to get favors from the Obama administration, and it paid off big time when Quid Pro Joe showed up and threatend to withhold promised funds if the Ukrainian government didn't fire the prosecutor who was messin' with his boy.
      And what favors did Burisma get from the White House. From what I recall, the corrupt prosecutor wasn't even investigating Burisma. I think that was probably one of the Breitbart fake news stories that you're prone to falling for.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
        The "scandal" is that Biden forced UKR to fire Shokin because he was investigating Burisma. The claim is that Biden did this to protect his son.
        Or rather to protect his son's company. After all, that's why Hunter got a sweetheart deal, so that he could call in favors with the White House, and Burisma got their money's worth.

One also has to wonder if ol' Joe had his own doubts about his son's innocence. Like father, like son, ya know?
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
          He's not a crackhead? Okay, then, I guess facts have become insulting now. I grew up in the hood. That's just the term we use for those who use cocaine.
          Cocaine users are called ‘cokeheads’. Crackheads are crack users which is a smokable version of cocaine. There is a big difference as ‘cokeheads’ are upper class individuals with high paying corporate jobs while ‘crackheads’ are more lower class similar to ‘methheads’. Although the average ‘methhead’ needs to spend around $300 a day to feed his habit meaning they have to be earning roughly $125,000 per year which puts them in the top 10% of the population. That’s the word on the street anyway.

Comment

This claim has been shown to be completely false. Not even Trump thinks this is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
              Cocaine users are called ‘cokeheads’. Crackheads are crack users which is a smokable version of cocaine. There is a big difference as ‘cokeheads’ are upper class individuals with high paying corporate jobs while ‘crackheads’ are more lower class similar to ‘methheads’. Although the average ‘methhead’ needs to spend around $300 a day to feed his habit meaning they have to be earning roughly $125,000 per year which puts them in the top 10% of the population. That’s the word on the street anyway.
              No kidding lol. You're nickpicking over semantics. And Hunter is indeed a LITERAL crackhead.

Comment

Or rather to protect his son's company. After all, that's why Hunter got a sweetheart deal, so that he could call in favors with the White House, and Burisma got their money's worth.

One also has to wonder if ol' Joe had his own doubts about his son's innocence. Like father, like son, ya know?
                Wait so Hunter Biden is not even implicated in the "Hunter Biden" scandal? Wow.

Comment

Wait so Hunter Biden is not even implicated in the "Hunter Biden" scandal? Wow.
                  Say what now? Hunter was using his connections to the White House to protect Burisma from a prosecutor who was asking too many questions, and Gropey Joe was more than happy to deliver. It may not be criminal, but it's certainly scandalous.

Comment

Say what now? Hunter was using his connections to the White House to protect Burisma from a prosecutor who was asking too many questions, and Gropey Joe was more than happy to deliver. It may not be criminal, but it's certainly scandalous.
                    It doesn't sound like you don't disagree that Hunter Biden isn't implicated.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                      No kidding lol. You're nickpicking over semantics. And Hunter is indeed a LITERAL crackhead.
                      I stand corrected.

One thing I’d point out is that drug users can still be highly functional. I personally know a ‘methhead’ who earns over half a million a year as an executive in an investment bank. Another highly respected psychologist I know is also a ‘methhead’ and has been for over 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                        https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...P=share_btn_tw

An audit of thousands of old case files by Ukrainian prosecutors found no evidence of wrongdoing on the part of Hunter Biden, the former prosecutor general, who had launched the audit, told Reuters.

Ruslan Ryaboshapka was in the spotlight last year as the man who would decide whether to launch an investigation into former vice president Joe Biden and his son Hunter, in what became a key issue in the impeachment of President Donald Trump.

President Volodymyr Zelenskiy described Ryaboshapka as “100 percent my person” on a call in July 2019 in which Trump asked Zelenskiy to investigate Biden, the man who became his main rival in the 2020 presidential race.

“Regarding the call to Zelenskiy and this story with Burisma. I can say that there was no pressure on me,” Ryaboshapka said. “The audit was completed.”

“I specifically asked prosecutors to check especially carefully those facts about Biden’s alleged involvement. They answered that there was nothing of the kind,” he added.

I'll wait for conservative outhouse to explain why this doesn't actually mean anything. In the meantime I'll celebrate a great outcome for Biden and another humiliation for the worst president we've ever had.
                        I never thought that Hunter Biden did anything illegal. He was just used as a tool in an attempt to gain influence in the Obama Administration. It is Joe "Slow Hands" Biden's actions that are the issue and which this does not address.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It doesn't sound like you don't disagree that Hunter Biden isn't implicated.
                          Other than being a degenerate who was given a cushy job because of who his daddy is, no. It's Creepy Joe's actions on behalf of his son that have always been the issue.

Comment

Other than being a degenerate who was given a cushy job because of who his daddy is, no. It's Creepy Joe's actions on behalf of his son that have always been the issue.
                            It's a family business with the Biden's. His brother got a high paying job where his only qualification was that he was Joe's brother -- something the owners were very open about saying they thought it would help in securing government contracts.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The corrupt Prosecutor General Shokin had shelved the investigation into Burisma in 2014, he was fired two years after in 2016 because of his own corruption and the entire western worlds, including the IMF's, refusal to financially support Ukraine unless he was fired. He was fired because he wasn't doing his job to root out corruption, not because he was doing his job. You need to start fact checking your sources, MM.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                I never thought that Hunter Biden did anything illegal. He was just used as a tool in an attempt to gain influence in the Obama Administration. It is Joe "Slow Hands" Biden's actions that are the issue and which this does not address.
                                It's been addressed, it just does not compute. It wasn't just Biden and US pressure that forced the firing of the Corrupt PG Shokin. Biden gave Ukraine the same ultimatum to Ukraine that the rest of the western world including the IMF gave them, and that was that they would receive no financial assistance unless they get rid of the corrupt prosecutor.
                                Last edited by JimL; 06-06-2020, 10:41 AM.

Comment