Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Tweet in Memory of George Floydd that Twitter took down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tweet in Memory of George Floydd that Twitter took down

Why would they do that?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Because in between all that rhetoric Trump calls for stopping the protests, by calling them riots.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
        Because in between all that rhetoric Trump calls for stopping the protests, by calling them riots.
        Where? In the video he even said we support the right to peaceful protest.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          Why would they do that?
          rumor has it for copy right reasons. but after that Don Lemon went on air and said that Trump did not acknowledge George Floyd even in a tweet. Either he was to stupid to check the actual report or he knew what Twitter did and lied through his teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            Where? In the video he even said we support the right to peaceful protest.
            He says a lot of things...

Calling in riot police to put down a peaceful protest in order to grab a photo op is a demonstration of just how much he "supports" them.

Comment

The tweet was taken down over copyright concerns.

Twitter disabled a video this week on a post by the Trump campaign in a move that could escalate its tensions with the president, whose tweets have recently been subject to warning labels from the company. This time, however, the takedown happened for a more traditional reason.

The video in the Trump campaign tweet was a four-minute tribute to George Floyd, the black man in Minneapolis who died after a police officer pressed his knee into Floyd’s neck for nearly nine minutes, setting off a wave of protests about police brutality and racism that has swept the nation. Twitter said it had removed the video after it received a copyright complaint.

“We respond to valid copyright complaints sent to us by a copyright owner or their authorized representatives,” a Twitter spokesperson told Recode.

MORE RWNJ hype. Holy hell.

Who wants to bet me $5 that if the copyright issues are addressed that the video will be allowed on Twitter without issue?

Comment

OK, now actually watch the video.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                  The tweet was taken down over copyright concerns.

Twitter disabled a video this week on a post by the Trump campaign in a move that could escalate its tensions with the president, whose tweets have recently been subject to warning labels from the company. This time, however, the takedown happened for a more traditional reason.

The video in the Trump campaign tweet was a four-minute tribute to George Floyd, the black man in Minneapolis who died after a police officer pressed his knee into Floyd’s neck for nearly nine minutes, setting off a wave of protests about police brutality and racism that has swept the nation. Twitter said it had removed the video after it received a copyright complaint.

“We respond to valid copyright complaints sent to us by a copyright owner or their authorized representatives,” a Twitter spokesperson told Recode.

MORE RWNJ hype. Holy hell.

Who wants to bet me $5 that if the copyright issues are addressed that the video will be allowed on Twitter without issue?
                  I have a buck three-ninetyeight, that's all.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

probably the music track. Facebook and twitter have AI algorithms that can tell if a copyrighted song is used in a video and automatically tag it or remove it. I posted a fake trailer I made with iMovie which used an audio track that iMovie clearly had rights to and so I should also, since the whole purpose is to make movie clips (it was a fill in the blank type automated video trailer) - and facebook removed it for "copyright violation"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      probably the music track. Facebook and twitter have AI algorithms that can tell if a copyrighted song is used in a video and automatically tag it or remove it. I posted a fake trailer I made with iMovie which used an audio track that iMovie clearly had rights to and so I should also, since the whole purpose is to make movie clips (it was a fill in the blank type automated video trailer) - and facebook removed it for "copyright violation"
                      Yeah, they tagged (or was it Youtube) our Church Service because we sang some songs that were copyrighted. EVEN THOUGH we pay for 'bulk licensing' of all the songs we use, and have do do a monthly report for royalties.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        I have a buck three-ninetyeight, that's all.
                        I'll throw in the dollar two-ninetyeight I found in the sofa.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          I'll throw in the dollar two-ninetyeight I found in the sofa.
                          Let's go get root beer floats!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            OK, now actually watch the video.
                            I did. I don't buy it whatever he is selling. If the police didn't beat up the peaceful protesters, or remove them as well, I'd be all in support of it. But that's not what is happening, peaceful protests are being called violent, to justify removing them.

Comment

I did. I don't buy it whatever he is selling. If the police didn't beat up the peaceful protesters, or remove them as well, I'd be all in support of it. But that's not what is happening, peaceful protests are being called violent, to justify removing them.
                              You expect the police to sort through the crowd after it becomes violent?

Comment