Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Huge Job Growth!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Huge Job Growth!

This is bad news for the Dems, they need to find a way to keep unemployment high!

The Labor Department released data showing that the U.S. added 2.5 million jobs during the month of May as businesses began to reopen amid the coronavirus pandemic. The unemployment rate dropped to 13.3 percent from 14.7 percent in April, coming as a major surprise to economists. Trumpís own White House advisers had previously predicted the unemployment rate could exceed 20 percent during the month of May.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...are-incredible
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yet another example of the experts being unable to correct project the future. I think we'll be trusting experts less going forward.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

3. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I've always questioned data of the BLS, even when they were showing numbers under Obama's admin. But can someone explain to me how this recovered so fast when we officially "opened up" on Friday (just a week ago), the same day the riots started. How is that even remotely possible?
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

5. Amen DivineOb amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    This is bad news for the Dems
    Good news for the country as a whole, though.

I wonder, if/when the second wave hits, how it'll affect employment growth.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    Good news for the country as a whole, though.

I wonder, if/when the second wave hits, how it'll affect employment growth.
    I'm guessing people are so fed up with the "containment" that they will, in large part, ignore a second attempt at quarantine.

As I said earlier, I think Memorial Day weekend was Independence Day, as people decided to get out, go to the lake, have BBQs, family picnics, and ditch the quarantine.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This is bad news for the Dems,

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This is bad news for the Dems, they need to find a way to keep unemployment high!

The Labor Department released data showing that the U.S. added 2.5 million jobs during the month of May as businesses began to reopen amid the coronavirus pandemic. The unemployment rate dropped to 13.3 percent from 14.7 percent in April, coming as a major surprise to economists. Trumpís own White House advisers had previously predicted the unemployment rate could exceed 20 percent during the month of May.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...are-incredible
    IIRC all the experts were predicting more job losses reported but instead we recovered over 2 million jobs. And what makes this outstanding is that it was accomplished with the two largest state economies, California and New York, still locked down.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    I think that it would have been better to say was this report was good, if not great news for Trump and good news for Trump is bad news for Democrats.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I'm guessing people are so fed up with the "containment" that they will, in large part, ignore a second attempt at quarantine.

As I said earlier, I think Memorial Day weekend was Independence Day, as people decided to get out, go to the lake, have BBQs, family picnics, and ditch the quarantine.
    I was at Walmart at noon and was surprised to see around a third of the people no longer wearing face covering. I asked the kid at the door, who monitors customers entering and leaving, if he noticed it. He said that there has been a sharp drop since the beginning of the week.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    I was at Walmart at noon and was surprised to see around a third of the people no longer wearing face covering. I asked the kid at the door, who monitors customers entering and leaving, if he noticed it. He said that there has been a sharp drop since the beginning of the week.
    I'm having a deja vu.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē