Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Huge Job Growth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge Job Growth!

This is bad news for the Dems, they need to find a way to keep unemployment high!

The Labor Department released data showing that the U.S. added 2.5 million jobs during the month of May as businesses began to reopen amid the coronavirus pandemic. The unemployment rate dropped to 13.3 percent from 14.7 percent in April, coming as a major surprise to economists. Trump’s own White House advisers had previously predicted the unemployment rate could exceed 20 percent during the month of May.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...are-incredible
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Yet another example of the experts being unable to correct project the future. I think we'll be trusting experts less going forward.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

I've always questioned data of the BLS, even when they were showing numbers under Obama's admin. But can someone explain to me how this recovered so fast when we officially "opened up" on Friday (just a week ago), the same day the riots started. How is that even remotely possible?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        This is bad news for the Dems
        Good news for the country as a whole, though.

I wonder, if/when the second wave hits, how it'll affect employment growth.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
          Good news for the country as a whole, though.

I wonder, if/when the second wave hits, how it'll affect employment growth.
          I'm guessing people are so fed up with the "containment" that they will, in large part, ignore a second attempt at quarantine.

As I said earlier, I think Memorial Day weekend was Independence Day, as people decided to get out, go to the lake, have BBQs, family picnics, and ditch the quarantine.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This is bad news for the Dems,

Comment

This is bad news for the Dems, they need to find a way to keep unemployment high!

The Labor Department released data showing that the U.S. added 2.5 million jobs during the month of May as businesses began to reopen amid the coronavirus pandemic. The unemployment rate dropped to 13.3 percent from 14.7 percent in April, coming as a major surprise to economists. Trump’s own White House advisers had previously predicted the unemployment rate could exceed 20 percent during the month of May.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...are-incredible
              IIRC all the experts were predicting more job losses reported but instead we recovered over 2 million jobs. And what makes this outstanding is that it was accomplished with the two largest state economies, California and New York, still locked down.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                I think that it would have been better to say was this report was good, if not great news for Trump and good news for Trump is bad news for Democrats.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  I'm guessing people are so fed up with the "containment" that they will, in large part, ignore a second attempt at quarantine.

As I said earlier, I think Memorial Day weekend was Independence Day, as people decided to get out, go to the lake, have BBQs, family picnics, and ditch the quarantine.
                  I was at Walmart at noon and was surprised to see around a third of the people no longer wearing face covering. I asked the kid at the door, who monitors customers entering and leaving, if he noticed it. He said that there has been a sharp drop since the beginning of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    I was at Walmart at noon and was surprised to see around a third of the people no longer wearing face covering. I asked the kid at the door, who monitors customers entering and leaving, if he noticed it. He said that there has been a sharp drop since the beginning of the week.
                    I'm having a deja vu.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I think that it would have been better to say was this report was good, if not great news for Trump and good news for Trump is bad news for Democrats.
                      Yes, but that's not what he said. As for whether this is good news for Trump, I don't think there's any doubt even prior to this that Trump would get re-elected. I'm sorry to see people in the US focusing mainly on what is bad for their opposition, and using that as a criteria of success.

Comment

Yes, but that's not what he said. As for whether this is good news for Trump, I don't think there's any doubt even prior to this that Trump would get re-elected. I'm sorry to see people in the US focusing mainly on what is bad for their opposition, and using that as a criteria of success.
                        What did I say that was wrong?
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I've been hearing a lot of people expressing doubt, Leon.

Comment

IIRC all the experts were predicting more job losses reported but instead we recovered over 2 million jobs. And what makes this outstanding is that it was accomplished with the two largest state economies, California and New York, still locked down.
                            New York partially reopened in May. I'll be interested to see the NY unemployment numbers when they come out.
                            "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

What did I say that was wrong?
                              That Democrats are either working towards or need to keep unemployment high.

Comment