Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Biden secures delgate majority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
    I keep hearing this from conservatives, and I really don't understand what the reasoning is. Conservatives don't like Biden, but to think he's going to get kicked to the curb after he dominated the delegate count is a bit far fetched.

With only 5 months to go, and literally only one current Dem candidate for POTUS, isn't it almost too late to groom someone else for the white house?
    I mean... given Biden's numerous gaffes (especially the now infamous, "If you don't know who to vote for, then you ain't black!" comment to an African-American man interviewing him), it's got a lot of people concerned whether he's mentally sound enough to do the job. I suspect- and concede this is only speculation- that he's going to be eventually disqualified for medical reasons and they'll have to find an 'emergency' replacement.

That's assuming they're not just using him as a Ringer because they've got nothing better planned after all this time. I could be wrong either way, and maybe he'll pick a REALLY good Vice President candidate that'll give him a solid chance of winning.
    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
      Not even willing to look at the ad?
      Yeah, the one with Hillary and Obama laughing. That's why I mentioned Hillary.

All of them. Every single thing you claimed that Democrats want to blame Trump for can credibly be blamed on Trump.
      I think I mentioned a "rainy day" on that list.

Have you seen the "Mr. Show" sketch about the rock band engaging in gay sex? It fits this post of yours like a glove.
      Just watched it now. A bit raunchy for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        Yeah, the one with Hillary and Obama laughing. That's why I mentioned Hillary.
        No idea what ad you're talking about. I watched it again very carefully and neither of them show up in it.

I think I mentioned a "rainy day" on that list.
        Ok fine, you got me.

Just watched it now. A bit raunchy for me.
        The point is you are totally unable to gauge your own confusion induced by consuming RWNJ news sources.

Comment

No idea what ad you're talking about. I watched it again very carefully and neither of them show up in it.
          It was in your link. I just now watched the bunker ad. That's not bad, actually.

this.jpg

Ok fine, you got me.

The point is you are totally unable to gauge your own confusion induced by consuming RWNJ news sources.
          I probably access the same news sources you do.
          Attached Files

Comment

It was in your link. I just now watched the bunker ad. That's not bad, actually.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45373[/ATTACH]
            I'm so lost. In any case I block all ads so I wouldn't know what 'ad' ads you're talking about. Obviously I don't recommend Hillary Clinton be brought into the discussion.

I probably access the same news sources you do.
            Somehow I suspect you mostly listen to ones I don't endorse.

Comment

I'm so lost. In any case I block all ads so I wouldn't know what 'ad' ads you're talking about. Obviously I don't recommend Hillary Clinton be brought into the discussion.
              You linked to the ad with Hillary and Obama. Not sure why you didn't see it there.

Somehow I suspect you mostly listen to ones I don't endorse.
              Reuters, AP, AFP, BBC, USA Today, whatever else turns up on the yahoo! news aggregate. I turned off HuffPost, Elle and Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                I mean... given Biden's numerous gaffes (especially the now infamous, "If you don't know who to vote for, then you ain't black!" comment to an African-American man interviewing him), it's got a lot of people concerned whether he's mentally sound enough to do the job.
                As far as I can tell, every single one of those concerned people is a conservative, and someone who wouldn't vote for Biden even if he were perfectly healthy.

I suspect- and concede this is only speculation- that he's going to be eventually disqualified for medical reasons and they'll have to find an 'emergency' replacement.

That's assuming they're not just using him as a Ringer because they've got nothing better planned after all this time. I could be wrong either way, and maybe he'll pick a REALLY good Vice President candidate that'll give him a solid chance of winning.
                OK, I appreciate the insight into what you meant. I tend to doubt anything's going to happen to him between now and voting day, but that's just my read of the situation.

Comment

As far as I can tell, every single one of those concerned people is a conservative, and someone who wouldn't vote for Biden even if he were perfectly healthy.
                  Given what I've heard some of the policies he's supported in the past, that doesn't surprise me... But I think a lot of Conservatives were hoping for someone other than Bernie or Biden. I know a few American Conservatives, for instance, that would have voted for Tulsi Gabbard or Andrew Yang in a heartbeat.

OK, I appreciate the insight into what you meant. I tend to doubt anything's going to happen to him between now and voting day, but that's just my read of the situation.
                  Yeah, I think at this point only time will tell, but I'm still predicting a second term of The Overgrown Oompa-Loompah barring a major breakthrough.
                  Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Given what I've heard some of the policies he's supported in the past, that doesn't surprise me... But I think a lot of Conservatives were hoping for someone other than Bernie or Biden. I know a few American Conservatives, for instance, that would have voted for Tulsi Gabbard or Andrew Yang in a heartbeat.
                    That's a fair point. I've recently come from a forum where I spent many years debating, but the conversation was awful. Nuanced positions were virtually unheard of, such that everyone was assumed to fall into one of two categories: liberal Democrat Trump hater, and conservative Republican Trump lover. It's good to be reminded that most people don't fall into monolithic stereotypes; of course there must be conservatives who don't want to vote for Trump this next election.

For the record, I too was disappointed that Biden rose to the top of the pile...

Comment

As noted here

BREAKING: George W. Bush will not be supporting Trump’s re-election bid in November. That means that every living President will be rooting for Joe Biden in November.

Amusingly, given that some doubt Trump even wants to win (he doesn't, but he wants to stay out of prison even more) the word "former" might be correctly omitted in the above.

Comment

That is the line that some Democrats and the MSM is pushing but does not correspond with reality.

For instance

Anyone familiar with Ted Rall knows that he is unabashedly on the far left. He was a big supporter of the Green Party candidate Jill Stein in 2016 and wanted Obama to resign because he was too conservative.

Rall has accused Democratic leadership of "conspiring to gaslight the American people by engineering the election of a man clearly suffering from dementia, former Vice President Joe Biden" and says

None of the media seem interested in the truth about Biden. Democratic media allies like CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times and The Washington Post are running interference for the Democratic establishment and Biden by failing to ask any questions about the candidate's mental fitness.

and accuses the MSM of having "abdicated its duty."

As for the Green Party 2016 presidential nominee, Jill Stein tweeted

Why does Joe Biden make so much stuff up? Why is he so incoherent? Will it hurt him in the election? Lots of people are talking about the undeniable decline in his speech & memory

I seriously doubt that the "Lots of people are talking about the undeniable decline" she was referring to were conservatives.

Anyhow, she also tweeted

You can't beat trump by trying to avoid the issue of #BidensCognitiveDecline

and
                        We deserve real choices, not a manufactured contest between #BidensCognitiveDecline & #TrumpsDangerousDemagoguery ... Media MUST stop hiding reality of Biden's cognitive challenges from voters.

(The Twitter hashtag #BidensCognitiveDecline is a very long list of video clips and angry sentiments about the Democratic establishment’s backing of Biden)

Recently on Morning Joe and in Newsweek, the founder of MSNBC, Tom Rogers, brought up concerns about Biden's cognitive decline and suggested that he can no longer communicate properly and over at the Washington Post one of their columnists, Alexandra Petri, wrote a sarcastic piece about how many on the left are pretending that Biden is fine entitled I just remembered Joe Biden is fine where she writes with tongue firmly planted in cheek:

...when he opens his mouth and starts to say things, you never exactly relax until he has put the microphone down, but, well — that was all malarkey, and I guess I was a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Please don’t show me any footage of Joe Biden saying or doing things. Or of me saying or doing things about Joe Biden, pointing out what I erroneously thought were major and obvious flaws in his candidacy. I forgot: They were not.

Even the reliably liberal Saturday Night Live mercilessly mocked Biden's increasing senility last month during their "Weekend Update" segment.

COLIN JOST: "Tara Reade -- the woman who has accused of Joe Biden of sexual assault -- is calling on him to drop out of the race. Replied Biden: ‘Wait,l I’m still in the race?’"

And

COLIN JOST:"I don’t know whether the allegations against Joe Biden are true, and I’m not sure Joe Biden does either. He’d probably have an easier time remembering Tara Reade if her name was like, Waffle Fries Johnson."

So, as Pulitzer Prize winning left-leaning libertarian journalist Glenn Greenwald has observed, the Democratic establishment and MSM have largely circled the wagons around Biden with "those who now raise these concerns instantly come under a withering assault of insults and attacks from Democratic Party operatives along with their crucial media allies" there are still those on the left who are distressed with what the see and are willing to break ranks.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm a conservative Libertarian and I could have voted for Gabbard. I think she's positioning herself for a 2024 run.

Comment

I'm a conservative Libertarian and I could have voted for Gabbard. I think she's positioning herself for a 2024 run.
                            Not has a Democrat. They are going further and further left at break neck speed.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Not has a Democrat. They are going further and further left at break neck speed.
                              True. But she seems determined to stick with them and apply the brakes.

Her domestic platform is definitely liberal, and I'm not a fan of that. But with her ardent stance against regime toppling I figure she's my compromise.

Comment

True. But she seems determined to stick with them and apply the brakes.
                                Reminds me of one of our recent former governors, Zell Miller. As the Democrats continued going far left he, though a lifelong Democrat himself, ended up delivering the keynote address at the Republican convention in 2004. Although many Republicans urged him to switch parties he steadfastly refused saying in effect that he was born a Democrat and he'd die a Democrat.

Comment