Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Biden secures delgate majority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Biden secures delgate majority

https://medium.com/@JoeBiden/on-winn...y-fc51510ae0f8

Gee, almost like the smart money (i.e. @PalmerReport) has been saying since Bernie conceded. And, as I said would happen, we didn't even need to figure out what to do with New York.

I know I know, you RWNJs can't *wait* to face Biden and you've got fever dreams galore about why some weird trickery is going to happen at the convention but it ain't happening. Especially not now that Biden's greatest asset, his empathy, can be put in such stark contrast to Trump's malevolence and sadism.

Big whoop. I don't recall anyone saying he wasn't going to win the majority, in fact, I specifically remember saying he would win the majority before July. Let's wait and see who his VP is. That should give us some clue as how it may go down.

Comment

im-so-thrilled.jpeg
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Btw, from what I understand, the official nomination is when he gives his acceptance speech at the convention. Even PredictIt rules recognize this. And the funny thing is, he's still only .89 at the PI site.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
          Big whoop. I don't recall anyone saying he wasn't going to win the majority, in fact, I specifically remember saying he would win the majority before July. Let's wait and see who his VP is. That should give us some clue as how it may go down.
          (Emphasis mine)

That's what I'm waiting for as well. I suspect that Biden is either a Placeholder for whoever he picks as his VP, or just a Ringer they've chucked into the fray to buy themselves time to reevaluate and reform- because at this point I doubt even the Democrat Party is clueless enough to realize they've royally screwed up- until 2024.
          Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
            Ok, I don't remember who insisted that NY cancelling the primary would be a problem but can't find the thread now.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
              (Emphasis mine)

That's what I'm waiting for as well. I suspect that Biden is either a Placeholder for whoever he picks as his VP, or just a Ringer they've chucked into the fray to buy themselves time to reevaluate and reform- because at this point I doubt even the Democrat Party is clueless enough to realize they've royally screwed up- until 2024.
              I keep hearing this from conservatives, and I really don't understand what the reasoning is. Conservatives don't like Biden, but to think he's going to get kicked to the curb after he dominated the delegate count is a bit far fetched.

With only 5 months to go, and literally only one current Dem candidate for POTUS, isn't it almost too late to groom someone else for the white house?

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                Ok, I don't remember who insisted that NY cancelling the primary would be a problem but can't find the thread now.
                IIRC I said it could be a problem, not that it would be a problem.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                  I keep hearing this from conservatives, and I really don't understand what the reasoning is. Conservatives don't like Biden, but to think he's going to get kicked to the curb after he dominated the delegate count is a bit far fetched.

With only 5 months to go, and literally only one current Dem candidate for POTUS, isn't it almost too late to groom someone else for the white house?
                  Several years ago there was a Senate election in New Jersey between two very unattractive candidates when the Democrats forced their nominee to drop out in late September[1] (less than two months from election) and named a recently retired Senator as his replacement

1. Partly due to ethical issues but mainly for the reason he was likely going to lose.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Several years ago there was a Senate election in New Jersey between two very unattractive candidates when the Democrats forced their nominee to drop out in late September[1] (less than two months from election) and named a recently retired Senator as his replacement

1. Partly due to ethical issues but mainly for the reason he was likely going to lose.
                    In this context, a Senator is literally nothing like a President. It takes a vast amount of money for a party to get their chosen presidential candidate elected, but senators are cheap. It's a lot easier to switch senatorial candidates than it is presidential - and this is true independent of party. The GOP, for example, could not suddenly nominate someone other than Trump without spending a ton of money and angering the previous candidate's supporters.

Comment

An August surprise at the DNC may not be necessary if Biden can keep his wits about him until then. But if he keeps stammering and sniffing little girls, the puppetmasters will have to come up with something else.

Comment

Six months ago I thought Trump was a shoe in for reelection. But now ...

Democrats would like to blame Trump for covid. But since they can't they will blame him for mishandling it (although he let governors handle it, and Dem governors made some of the biggest blunders).

Democrats would like to blame Trump for mistreatment of blacks by police. But since they can't they will blame him for not caring enough and for encouraging police brutality.

There is a growing mass hysteria in this country (heck, the world) where people are having trouble using common sense and thinking rationally. So it's possible Democrats will convince fence-sitters and enough wavering Republicans that Trump has caused Climate Change and racism and unemployment and new wars and a rainy day.

There are some legitimate things to blame Trump for but George Floyd and covid aren't among them. Why do we still have troops in Syria? And in Iraq?

Comment

Unfortunately for Trump some of the best ad makers in the biz are now working overtime to ensure he is defeated. Whether he's responsible for the things Ronson mentions (hint: he is) it doesn't actually matter. "Perception is reality."

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                            Unfortunately for Trump some of the best ad makers in the biz are now working overtime to ensure he is defeated.
                            They should avoid using any image of Hillary against Trump. That will backfire.

Whether he's responsible for the things Ronson mentions (hint: he is) it doesn't actually matter. "Perception is reality."
                            Which things?

But I agree, perception is reality these days. It's ironic that in the age of instant mass information with the Internet, people are more confused than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                              They should avoid using any image of Hillary against Trump. That will backfire.
                              Not even willing to look at the ad?

Which things?
                              All of them. Every single thing you claimed that Democrats want to blame Trump for can credibly be blamed on Trump.

But I agree, perception is reality these days. It's ironic that in the age of instant mass information with the Internet, people are more confused than ever.
                              Have you seen the "Mr. Show" sketch about the rock band engaging in gay sex? It fits this post of yours like a glove.

Comment