Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Biden secures delgate majority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    That is the line that some Democrats and the MSM is pushing but does not correspond with reality.

For instance [.. snip ..]
    Kudos for those examples. Prior to this, I hadn't seen or heard of any non-conservative making that criticism of Biden.

I think it's a patently ridiculous charge - especially in the context of the current white house occupant's speaking abilities - but I will no longer attribute it solely to conservatives.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      That is the line that some Democrats and the MSM is pushing but does not correspond with reality.
      Jill Stein is a Russian asset. Anything she or her supporters say is worth less than Rand Paul's hairpiece.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        Jill Stein is a Russian asset. Anything she or her supporters say is worth less than Rand Paul's hairpiece.
        Heh. She's definitely an idiot.

Still, Rogue's point to me was effective: there are people on the left like Stein who question Biden's cognitive abilities. I can't discount her opinion (in this context) simply because I believe she's stupid...

edit: I'm pretty sure Stein's opinion is fringe, rather than representative of what a significant number of Democrats think.

Comment

So who isn't a Russian asset? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
            That's a fair point. I've recently come from a forum where I spent many years debating, but the conversation was awful. Nuanced positions were virtually unheard of, such that everyone was assumed to fall into one of two categories: liberal Democrat Trump hater, and conservative Republican Trump lover. It's good to be reminded that most people don't fall into monolithic stereotypes; of course there must be conservatives who don't want to vote for Trump this next election.
            Yeah, it's always a breath of fresh air when you run into someone who's willing to go into detail, including disagreeing with general consensus- rather than just rattle off The Talking Points. Sometimes it takes a little time and effort to find out, but hey... it's worth it.

For the record, I too was disappointed that Biden rose to the top of the pile...
            I'm also shocked Bernie did as good as he did. His popularity exploded in 2016 about going up against the establishment, even saying that Hillary represented everything wrong about politics... only to publicly endorse her after she became the Candidate (after the DNC allegedly cheated to do so). I'm surprised his supporters didn't write him off as a sellout then and there.
            Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              I'm a conservative Libertarian and I could have voted for Gabbard. I think she's positioning herself for a 2024 run.
              Yeah, a few people suspect she's going to be there to clean up the mess after this election. Let's see if the Republicans can get a half-decent candidate for 2024 after Trump gets flushed out of the White House for good.
              Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                I'm also shocked Bernie did as good as he did. His popularity exploded in 2016 about going up against the establishment, even saying that Hillary represented everything wrong about politics... only to publicly endorse her after she became the Candidate (after the DNC allegedly cheated to do so). I'm surprised his supporters didn't write him off as a sellout then and there.
                While I'm biased and think Sanders would have been a better president than Trump, I suspect his appeal was similar to Trump's appeal (in some ways). He's radical, fairly high-energy, and inflames the "other" side; he represented change of a sort.

I know that Sanders lost some support due to his flip-flopping, but he also gained support because of the way the he was treated by the DNC; voters supported him because they thought he deserved annoyed the establishment. He wasn't my choice but I think he kept things interesting...

Comment

JRand Paul's hairpiece.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                    So who isn't a Russian asset? Just curious.
                    How about we agree that people who literally dined at the same table as Putin are suspect by default?

170405-putin-flynn-dinner-jhc-1700_ae6b4cdd270c7a7f3720c0df3b07f9fb.jpg

Comment

How about we agree that people who literally dined at the same table as Putin are suspect by default?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45444[/ATTACH]
                      So dining with a Russian leader is the criteria of being a Russian asset? What would you say about Obama, whispering to Medvedev that he'd have "more flexibility" to negotiate once elected when Obama thought he was off camera? When HRC called Gabbard a "Russian asset" who wants to disrupt the 2020 election for Russia, then Gabbard turned around and supported Biden, does that make Biden a Russian asset? See how goofy that is?

Comment

So dining with a Russian leader is the criteria of being a Russian asset?
                        I said "by default." That means we should view them suspiciously until we better understand what happened. If Trump dines with Putin as part of his official duties then that probably is ok. If Clinton dines with Putin as part of her official duties that's probably ok. If a private citizen dines with Putin we should take a closer look given Russia's long, long history of kompromat and bribery of westerners.

What would you say about Obama, whispering to Medvedev that he'd have "more flexibility" to negotiate once elected when Obama thought he was off camera? When HRC called Gabbard a "Russian asset" who wants to disrupt the 2020 election for Russia, then Gabbard turned around and supported Biden, does that make Biden a Russian asset? See how goofy that is?
                        None of that has anything to do with what I said. But if you said to me "I think that's a potentially problematic thing that Obama said and we should gather more context" I'd respond with "Yes, I agree it has the appearance of potential impropriety and we should take a closer look."

So, take a look and let me know what you find and whether you still believe what Obama said was improper.

Comment

I said "by default." That means we should view them suspiciously until we better understand what happened. If Trump dines with Putin as part of his official duties then that probably is ok. If Clinton dines with Putin as part of her official duties that's probably ok. If a private citizen dines with Putin we should take a closer look given Russia's long, long history of kompromat and bribery of westerners.

None of that has anything to do with what I said. But if you said to me "I think that's a potentially problematic thing that Obama said and we should gather more context" I'd respond with "Yes, I agree it has the appearance of potential impropriety and we should take a closer look."

So, take a look and let me know what you find and whether you still believe what Obama said was improper.
                          You didn't say Stein should be "viewed suspiciously until we better understand what happened." You just called her a "Russian asset." Like I said, HRC similarly called Gabbard a Russian asset (who's actually being "groomed" by Putin), then Gabbard endorsed Biden, so does that put Biden in a suspicious light? It's just such a goofy conspiracy theory, and you guys on the left throw it around willy-nilly like it's a fact.

Comment

You didn't say Stein should be "viewed suspiciously until we better understand what happened." You just called her a "Russian asset."
                            She is a Russian asset. I don't say that just because of the picture (the picture plays essentially no role in that determination). I just assumed that we could agree that it's probably a bad idea to hang out with Putin unless you've got a good reason since he's a brutal mass murderer :).

Like I said, HRC similarly called Gabbard a Russian asset (who's actually being "groomed" by Putin), then Gabbard endorsed Biden, so does that put Biden in a suspicious light? It's just such a goofy conspiracy theory, and you guys on the left throw it around willy-nilly like it's a fact.
                            You're massively changing the subject here to Gabbard. My appetite for jumping around between topics I know you don't have any interest in yourself is very, very low.

Comment

She is a Russian asset. I don't say that just because of the picture (the picture plays essentially no role in that determination). I just assumed that we could agree that it's probably a bad idea to hang out with Putin unless you've got a good reason since he's a brutal mass murderer :).

You're massively changing the subject here to Gabbard. My appetite for jumping around between topics I know you don't have any interest in yourself is very, very low.
                              I'm not jumping around between topics. You're just splitting my posts that way so you can take it out of context. The point is, you guys keep using that conspiracy theory so much that it has little to no effect anymore. It just looks and sounds like a goofy conspiracy theory you use to slander anyone you disagree with politically, much like you did Trump for three years.

Comment

I'm not jumping around between topics. You're just splitting my posts that way so you can take it out of context. The point is, you guys keep using that conspiracy theory so much that it has little to no effect anymore. It just looks and sounds like a goofy conspiracy theory you use to slander anyone you disagree with politically, much like you did Trump for three years.
                                There are plenty of people I disagree with who I don't think are Russian assets. Jill Stein just doesn't happen to be one of them. Gabbard just doesn't happen to be one of them.

Bolton's book is coming out June 23rd. John "mustache rides" Bolton. Do you think it will paint Trump as loyal to Russia or as loyal to the United States?

Comment