Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Fulfilled prophecy- I will build my church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
    Well, the Father is especially present in heaven, but omnipresent elsewhere.

"This is what the LORD says:

'Heaven is my throne,
    and the earth is my footstool.
    Where is the house you will build for me?
    Where will my resting place be?' " (Isa. 66:1)

Blessings,
    Lee
    OH, Ok, I didn't realize god was composed of parts like that. By especially in heaven, do you mean his head is in heaven and his feet are on earth?

Comment

Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
      Well, "gods" is a way of referring to other religions.

"For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”), yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live." (1 Cor. 8:5-6)

"The arrogance of man will be brought low
      and human pride humbled;
      the LORD alone will be exalted in that day,
      and the idols will totally disappear." (Isa. 2:17–18)
      Right, Jesus probably just didn't articulate himself very clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Why did Jesus answer "but my father who is in heaven?" Isn't the father omnipresent?
        Yes. Yes, He is.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

OH, Ok, I didn't realize god was composed of parts like that. By especially in heaven, do you mean his head is in heaven and his feet are on earth?
          Jim, you're doing that thing again where you're being the class clown. It's actually adorable.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Jim, you're doing that thing again where you're being the class clown. It's actually adorable.
            Hey, I just want to know what he means when he says that the omnipresent god is especially in heaven. Or how it is that one indivisible god can also be partly on earth inhabiting a fleshly body, while the other half, or two thirds, are in heaven. If god is indivisible and omnipresent, wouldn't Jesus need be comprised of all 3 persons of the godhead, the father, son, and the holy spirit?

Comment

Hey, I just want to know what he means when he says that the omnipresent god is especially in heaven.
              I pray that someday you truly desire to know such things.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                Buddhism's been around longer, and it's flourishing just as much.
                While being dated from the 6th century BC, what is written much latter is based on past on oral traditions prior to any cited written teachings. The teachings of the Christian New Testament were written from within the time when eye witnesses where known to the writers.
                . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

I pray that someday you truly desire to know such things.
                  Well, how bout you stop the praying and tell me.

Comment

God, as such, is not made up of parts. God speaks to man in anthropomorphic terms. God knows how He made man. And so comes to man in that way, John 1:18 KJV, NKJV.
                    Last edited by 37818; 06-07-2020, 10:41 AM.
                    . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
                      God, as such, is not made up of parts. God speaks to man in anthropomorphic terms. God knows how He made man. And so comes to man in that way, John 1:18 KJV, NKJV.
                      Great, but that doesn't answer my question. Is Jesus the son of god and seperate and apart form the othe 2 perons? Is the son down here on earth while the other 2 are elsewhere. How does that work?

Comment

Great, but that doesn't answer my question. Is Jesus the son of god and seperate and apart form the othe 2 perons? Is the son down here on earth while the other 2 are elsewhere. How does that work?

Discussing the Trinity would be a subject for another thread...

Blessings,
                        Lee
                        "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Well, how bout you stop the praying and tell me.
                          If I thought there was even the slimmest chance you were a sincere seeker, I'd be happy to have that discussion with you, Jim.

Comment

If I thought there was even the slimmest chance you were a sincere seeker, I'd be happy to have that discussion with you, Jim.
                            That's EGGzactly what I thought when he replied to my post!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I think that the reason for your assertion that i'm not sincere is because you know that in no way can you make logical the idea of a monotheistic Triune god.

Comment

I think that the reason for your assertion that i'm not sincere is because you know that in no way can you make logical the idea of a monotheistic Triune god.
                                I think the reason for my assertion that you're not sincere is because of your history here of being an anti-Christian bigot, Jim.

How bout starting a thread on this and asking about it, and see how many people think you're a sincere seeker. K?

Meanwhile, let's not derail this thread.

Comment