Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Did CERN break “The Speed of Light?”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did CERN break “The Speed of Light?”

And what does that mean?

Scientists said on Thursday they recorded particles travelling faster than light - a finding that could overturn one of Einstein's fundamental laws of the universe. Antonio Ereditato, spokesman for the international group of researchers, saidthat measurements taken over three years showed neutrinos pumped from CERN near Geneva to Gran Sasso in Italy had arrived 60 nanoseconds quicker than light would have done.

https://www.sci-nature.vip/2019/11/b...T-fewtxLTawQVc
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Not so sensational, the details are more mundane.

"Light would have covered the distance in around 2.4 thousandths of a second, but the neutrinos took 60 nanoseconds or 60 billionths of a second - less than light beams would have taken."

Frog hairs, frog hairs, . . . frog hairs.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 06-07-2020, 01:26 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Source: PhysOrg.com

But what if neutrinos are faster?

"The laws of physics wouldn't change, only the universal constant," said Grossman.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

This from an article in 2011, when a similar claim was made.

Blessings,
      Lee
      "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
        Source: PhysOrg.com

But what if neutrinos are faster?

"The laws of physics wouldn't change, only the universal constant," said Grossman.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

This from an article in 2011, when a similar claim was made.

Blessings,
        Lee
        . . . and our universe remains the same.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          And what does that mean?

Scientists said on Thursday they recorded particles travelling faster than light - a finding that could overturn one of Einstein's fundamental laws of the universe. Antonio Ereditato, spokesman for the international group of researchers, saidthat measurements taken over three years showed neutrinos pumped from CERN near Geneva to Gran Sasso in Italy had arrived 60 nanoseconds quicker than light would have done.

Read the first link in the story you linked to.
          "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Light travels slower through optical fiber. Where partices can travel faster than the slowed light.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startsw.../#3277a6a8462c

Neutrinos are not known to be slowed by matter.

In 2011 faster than light neutrinos were reported measured then.

http://m.nautil.us/issue/55/trust/th...eak-physics-rp
            . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              And what does that mean?

It means they traveled back in time which proves that the B-theory of time is correct!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
                Read the first link in the story you linked to.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  I feel April foolish...

Blessings,
                  Lee
                  "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Hey seer I remember this news story back in 2011, it was due to a miscalibration of the timing equipment. I'll try to find the article where they detected that.

Comment